Everything Great about SOI Era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
even though it's a little bit bastard child of "trainspotting" and "in the name of the father," i'd say the EBW video qualifies. it's gorgeous.

Really? The Leo thing annoys me to no end, but that's probably because I wasn't reading whatever thread it was invented it, so it confused me for awhile.

The Leo thing is probably the stupidest Interference meme since...well ever. At least that I've seen. And coming from a website that gave us the endless X is a rewrite of X meme, which was also beaten to death and not that funny to begin with, that's saying something.

Best thing about the SOI era is that the band is still alive, kicking, in the game and at least trying to avoid dinosaur status. They're not just accepting irrelevancy without a fight. They're in the arena. And I'm sure the tour will be another corker.

The Leo thing is probably the stupidest Interference meme since...well ever. At least that I've seen. And coming from a website that gave us the endless X is a rewrite of X meme, which was also beaten to death and not that funny to begin with, that's saying something.

:up:

Anyway it shows intelligence of some people :)

Anyway it shows intelligence of some people :)

Mate, there's no need to start questioning people's intelligence just because you think a meme is lame. There are people on here who repeat a lot memes I think are stupid but that doesn't mean I don't respect their intelligence or opinion as U2 fans. It would be like someone assuming you're not intelligent because you clearly struggle with English.

Stop taking every opportunity you can to take pot shots at other fans.

Leo is a terrific meme because it's so obscure in origin yet so widely applicable.

In any case, comedy might perhaps be even more subjective than music. If I never have to hear another corny Edge Is on Fire joke, it'll be too soon, but that was a forum-wide favorite.

Mate, there's no need to start questioning people's intelligence just because you think a meme is lame. There are people on here who repeat a lot memes I think are stupid but that doesn't mean I don't respect their intelligence or opinion as U2 fans. It would be like someone assuming you're not intelligent because you clearly struggle with English.

Stop taking every opportunity you can to take pot shots at other fans.

sorry, but this example fails, because it confuses the form with the content.

Anyway the Leo thing is so stupid I didn´t take time to look up what it is about until recently. Before that, I suspected it was something stupid, but it exceeded my expectations. :)

Leo is a terrific meme because it's so obscure in origin yet so widely applicable.

In any case, comedy might perhaps be even more subjective than music. If I never have to hear another corny Edge Is on Fire joke, it'll be too soon, but that was a forum-wide favorite.

Last time he was on fire, it was ZOO TV, correct me if I am wrong :)

I wonder how Leo feels about dad rock.

Probably not positively.

Come on, can you at least pretend like you aren't filled with contempt for anybody who doesn't share the exact same opinions as you do?

Pretending like we give even a fraction of a flying fuck about what thadadrock thinks about, well, anything, might go a long way to solving the problem.

On second thought, probably nah

Come on, can you at least pretend like you aren't filled with contempt for anybody who doesn't share the exact same opinions as you do?

Well, I don´t have contempt for anybody who has a different opinion. I don´t know if this is not something actually you have, but you project it at someone else :)
Anyway, the problem is when forum is spammed with nonsense silly posts like Leo thing or when it is filled with posts that contents only personal attacks without any input to the merit of the topic. But of course, this is only my perspective and I can be wrong :)

What about when it's spammed with "Adele version" or "dadrock"? You may be having issues with your mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Soi

With every U2 album comes something new that may or may not add to U2s legacy. With SOI, what are the best things that have come from it so far?

For me:

1-Surprise album release! U2 is not good at keeping secrets from its devoted fan base. I have never sat back and said "wow, didn't see that coming". Yet, this album being released on 9/9 was a shock. I had a strong feeling we would get a performance and a new single but not an entire album with NO leaks! Since POP, I have always counted down the days and even hours to the release of a new album. The anticipation growing with each passing day and each little tidbit of info on various songs. I love that feeling but U2 pulled one on me and it is a day I will never forget!

2-The album was FREE! So, my favorite artist is releasing new material that I would gladly hand over my hard earned cash for and they are just giving it to me? Ok....thanks!

3- Every Breaking Wave(album cut). This is a classic song and quickly rising into my top 20 overall U2 songs. They hit a home run here and after hearing the 360 version, this version is superior and is just beautiful!

4-This is where you can Reach me Now. What a really cool tune and is filled with so much energy that it just makes you want to turn up the volume to 11!

5-Iris. The last half of the song is amazing and it is a great addition to the U2 family of songs(by far my favorite about his mother)

6-The Troubles. I'm not a big fan of this song myself but that doesn't mean I don't realize that it is a very good tune. I also love the fact that there is a "guest" vocalist singing the chorus as its a really nice change of pace(Lykke Li really compliments the song).

7-The Crystal Ballroom. One of the funkiest U2 songs there has ever been.

8-Every Breaking Wave EMA Performance. I don't like acoustic performances but this was fabulous. Bono hitting all the notes(what passion) and Larry walking through the light to pound the drums was one hell of a moment(even the forgotten lyric moment couldn't ruin this performance).

9- Song for Someone/SFS Graham Norton Performance. I really love this song (I know, I'm in the minority here) and the acoustic performance on Norton was very good(not epic a la Super Bowl performance or Walk On at the Grammys but very good nevertheless)

10-The Late Late Show (I think that's what it's called) interview. I really enjoyed hearing the stories that Bono and Edge shared about Edges mom and when they were younger. Don't know what it was but this interview felt like we were listening to Paul and Dave tell stories and not their larger than life personas.

11-The possibility/talk of SOE! Yeah, it may never happen but the fact that I truly love SOI makes just being teased about a potential follow up feel so great!!!!!!

More to come for this album...I just know it!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

'Song for Someone' is one of my favourites from the album, I just think it's a gorgeous song; wonderful melody, nice lyrics, very well sung by Bono.

The version on 'Graham Norton Show' was terrific; that was the moment it became one of my favourite tracks from SOI.

Agreed on 'Crystal Ballroom' - groovy, funky; it's part of the album on my ipod version. Not a bonus track, it has its rightful place on the album proper!

What about when it's spammed with "Adele version" or "dadrock"? You may be having issues with your mirror.

I expected this. You didn´t disappoint :)

Adele EBW and Dad rock Miracle is only an attempt to describe a characteristic of a song in a certain way.

Well, I don´t have contempt for anybody who has a different opinion.

If this is really true then please stop writing posts that say otherwise.

Anyway, the problem is when forum is spammed with nonsense silly posts like Leo thing or when it is filled with posts that contents only personal attacks without any input to the merit of the topic. But of course, this is only my perspective and I can be wrong :)

Well if you only want to read certain things that appeal to you, feel free to send yourself emails back and forth and you'll never have to read about Leo again. There are other people though on this thing called the Internet and from time to time we want to discuss other things. Instead of calling everyone who wants to talk about stuff you don't stupid or unintelligent, maybe just don't reply at all?

And the stuff about being pissed about posts that have "personal attacks" is pretty rich considering a bunch of your posts have been nothing but stating that people who disagree with you have no brain, or that people who talk about things you aren't interested in are stupid.

I've wasted enough time on this.

I expected this. You didn´t disappoint :)

Adele EBW and Dad rock Miracle is only an attempt to describe a characteristic of a song in a certain way.

But it's been over and over and over and over... It's been pointed out to you by many posters. It's the definition of spamming. Are you capable of seeing that?

But it's been over and over and over and over... It's been pointed out to you by many posters. It's the definition of spamming. Are you capable of seeing that?

actually, I think these adjectives are mentioned more by them than me :)

If this is really true then please stop writing posts that say otherwise.

Well if you only want to read certain things that appeal to you, feel free to send yourself emails back and forth and you'll never have to read about Leo again. There are other people though on this thing called the Internet and from time to time we want to discuss other things. Instead of calling everyone who wants to talk about stuff you don't stupid or unintelligent, maybe just don't reply at all?

And the stuff about being pissed about posts that have "personal attacks" is pretty rich considering a bunch of your posts have been nothing but stating that people who disagree with you have no brain, or that people who talk about things you aren't interested in are stupid.

I've wasted enough time on this.

Please, take your time to read a post of someone you want to comment. Then you would know, I used that quote with brain in a positive way to to praise the ability of that member to see things in context.

The Leo thing is just... indefensible :) :) :)

Anyway, enough of it :)

Complaining about jokes that have overstayed their welcome or that you personally don't find funny is pointless. You can't dictate what people can or cannot joke about, and there will always be stupid jokes, whether you think they're funny or not.

I mean, lord help us if we're supposed to abstain from stupid jokes because not everyone thinks it's funny.

I know this isn't going to help, but the piano intro to EBW (version 2) really does sound like the start of an Adele song. Not saying it's bad or not bad bc of it, just saying to say.

Back
Top Bottom