Adam: album out in November, finished soon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If this is indeed true, then I'm definitely psyched!

* :pray:s for a natural sounding somewhat atmospheric, subtle and beautiful album *

New album :hyper:
Tour announcement :hyper:
Setlist parties :hyper:
Worrying about whether we're getting shows or not :sigh:
North America --> Europe --> North America --> if we can be bothered. :down:
Id like: Europe --> North America --> South America --> Australasia --> Africa --> Ireland.

New album
Tour announcement
Setlist parties
Worrying about whether we're getting shows or not
North America --> Europe --> North America --> if we can be bothered.
Id like: Europe --> North America --> South America --> Australasia --> Africa --> Ireland.

Voice analizing, new high notes .:drool: .:drool: .:drool: .:drool: .:drool: .:drool: .:drool: .:drool: .:drool:.:drool:.:drool:.:drool:

New album :hyper:
Tour announcement :hyper:
Setlist parties :hyper:
Worrying about whether we're getting shows or not :sigh:
North America --> Europe --> North America --> if we can be bothered. :down:

nahhhhh.
kick off in feb 09 AUSTRALIA !

:drool:

As expected. Was hoping for September/October, but you know that they have to boost sales by putting it next to Thanksgiving and shit.

Says u2place.com - Adam was seen at HQ today, said the album work will be finished in the next few weeks and will be released in November 2008.

Are you fucking kidding me?

An Album is going to be finished "In a few weeks"....and its not coming out till November?.

Do U2 realize that there are 11 other months in a year to release an album?

An Album is going to be finished "In a few weeks"....and its not coming out till November?.

Perhaps he meant that just the recording process will be finished in a few weeks?

After that Lilywhite probably needs to do his thing with the mixing, which could take another couple of weeks. And then there is the mastering process, which usually happens in L.A. right? Then I presume it's time to get the artwork done. Something which, if I remember correctly, always has to finalized when the tracklist is completely agreed on. The direction might be something else than the team at Four5One expected and thus they will have to start over with the process if it's not decided what the band wants to express with the new collection of songs. Of course this is where they choose the singles as well, I guess.
They finished up Vertigo in early June 2004 I seem to remember (http://u2log.com/archive/2004/06/steve_lillywhite_says_u2_single_finished.php).

As I mentioned briefly already; the tracklist is another important piece of the puzzle. I'm pretty sure I've read a couple of in-depth articles about visits to the studio when the band (sometimes) have had troubles on deciding the final tracklist over the years.
We have to bear in mind that they probably have worked on lots of songs since the last album was released as they write little pieces all the time.

Last but not least there's this mentality of releasing records during the last quarter of a year which seems to have worked pretty fine for them, so I can't see a reason for them to change it now. After all, it's their work and (sadly) they will release it to the consumers when they feel that it it as finished and ready as it can be. We can't do much about that, and we will still get a copy of a new album no matter when it happens, right?
That being said, I really hope this will be the masterpiece they've "promised" us all this time since Eno/Lanois joined them. And this is all speculation on my part, you may or may not agree with it.

As I mentioned briefly already; the tracklist is another important piece of the puzzle. I'm pretty sure I've read a couple of in-depth articles about visits to the studio when the band (sometimes) have had troubles on deciding the final tracklist over the years.
We have to bear in mind that they probably have worked on lots of songs since the last album was released as they write little pieces all the time.

Someone needs to tie Larry up and throw him in the closet so he doesn't jettison two of the best songs from the album this time.

No more of this 60 minutes is "too much of a good thing" bullshit. Let it breathe.

Do U2 realize that there are 11 other months in a year to release an album?

The album probably won't be "finished" (that is, mixed and mastered) until July. I'm certain that Adam was referring to just the recording process alone with his quote.

Someone needs to tie Larry up and throw him in the closet so he doesn't jettison two of the best songs from the album this time.

No more of this 60 minutes is "too much of a good thing" bullshit. Let it breathe.

:evil:..............Ok, I`ll volunteer to tie Larry up and I`ll even stay with him in the closet ...........to make sure he doesn`t escape, of course! :evil::combust:

It`s a tough job but I`ll do it :rolleyes:

lol, I agree. Not putting Mercy on HTDAAB blew and I bet it was his idea to make Always a B-side for Beautiful Day. Such good songs...

Why stop at an hour ? Let's stack up all the 75 minutes of space of a blank CD.

Mercy on Bomb makes total sense, too. (they were all against 13 songs on Bomb)

Perhaps he meant that just the recording process will be finished in a few weeks?

Thats what I assumed. but Even if they were to finish mixing it by July, and then working out some crappy artwork like the last album, it could be ready for release in Late August/Early September.

Back
Top Bottom