U2 Research, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruffian

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Hi Plebans,
I will be collecting data at several concerts in Europe this summer on fan attitudes about queuing. This is a follow-up to a study that was published last year in the Journal of Applied Social Psychology. For a brief (but not completely correct) synopsis see:
BPS RESEARCH DIGEST: What U2 fans think about queue jumpers.

I can also send you the full article if you are interested.

Surveys will be distributed in Barcelona, Berlin, Amsterdam, and Dublin. Please consider participating! Not much else to do while you are waiting around, and your responses are anonymous. You will be provided with contact information so that you can receive a copy of the completed study.

I am currently looking for a native Dutch speaker to translate the survey (about 6 pages long but not single-spaced). Payment is $50.00 U.S. Please PM me if you are interested! The translation would need to be completed by July 10th.

Thanks! :wave:

:wave: Hey Ruff, I'm Dutch. I could give it a try.

I'll also be in GA in both Amsterdam and Dublin, so I could perhaps help with the distribution?

:wave:Hey Ruff. I'll be in Dublin for all 3 shows. I did one of your surveys last tour in Philly.

One of my best friend's is fluent in Dutch and English, she has a translating side business and has done translations in court proceedings. PM me if you want her contact info.

Hey, everyone, thanks so much for the responses, and for the offers of translating (got a PM right after I posted so that got settled fast) and for the offers of participating. The study will explore differences in attitudes about queuing according to nationality, and there is a chance I'll also do some more in-depth interviews (all responses anonymous) about fandom, including the role of web-based fan communities like this one.

I really appreciate the support for this project. See ya'll on the road :)

If you need any help with the Gothenburg shows, let me see what I can do.
I'm an editor of the biggest Swedish fanpage so I might be able to be of service that way, somehow.

Thanks so much. Sadly I won't make that show but I'd be happy to share results of the study once the data are analyzed, in case you want to share the info on your website. I flew into Gothenburg a while back and I was looking around the airport thinking I'd never seen better looking people ANYWHERE, in any country! :lol: what is it with you people?? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom