U2 & i - The Photos of Anton Corbijn 1982-2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
QUOTE=bonocomet;6634549
Yes please! I have tons more scanned but it takes me forever to upload and post them because I'm so unorganized :reject: but if you'd like to help it would be awesome :)

Yeah, I'll try probably won't be able to do it tonight *painting guitars dont ask LOL*

and the double page spread will probably give me hell, but I shall try ;)
there are some really gorgeous pics in this book.

ICONIC.

Love love love this. Should have been the album cover.

As opposed to Adam's nudie pic, which was their first idea for the album cover? :wink:

No offense to these great artistic ideas...but I'm glad they didn't :lol: I wouldn't want to have to be face to face with Adam's winky or anyone's bare feet every time I wanted to listen to AB :yikes:

Thanks for this thread, Comet :D I only had the patience to scan a few. And I think you may have posted all the ones I did scan...

Yeah, I'll try probably won't be able to do it tonight *painting guitars dont ask LOL*

and the double page spread will probably give me hell, but I shall try ;)
there are some really gorgeous pics in this book.

No problem :) I still have twice as many more than I've posted that I haven't yet! I'll be posting alot more too!

Impossible for me to get the whole picture scanned :grumpy: Maybe one of you have the whole thing :)

ohsoadorable.jpg

Any idea what song this might be? :hmm:

I remember Brian Eno (me thinks) saying it might have been an early arrangement of "Miss Sarajevo.

bonopassengersrecordingstudiolondon.jpg

Edit:

The recorded version seems to have similar chord intervals to what is written on the chalkboard, only the key changed. So I think the bit that Eno mentioned is probably correct and that what is on the board is an early incarnation of "Miss Sarajevo".

Miss Sarajevo

Gm C Gm C F Am
Gm
Is there a time to keep the distance
C
A time to turn your eyes away
Gm
Is there a time for keeping your head down
C
Forgetting all of your day
Gm
Is there a time for curl and lipstik
C
A time for cutting hear
Gm
Is there a time for High Street shopping
C
To find the right dress to wear.
F Gm
Here she comes, please turn around
F Am
Here she comes, to take her crown.

[Pavarotti]
Gm C
Dici che il fiume trova la via al mare
Gm C
E come il fiume giungerai a me
Gm C
Oltre i confini e le terre assetate
Gm C
Dici che come fiume giungerà.
F Gm
Here she comes, let's turn around
F Am
Here she comes, to take her crown.

Gm
Is there a time to run for cover
C
Is there a time for kiss and tell
Gm
Is there a time for different colors,
C
Different means you find it hard to spell
Gm
Is there a time for First Communion
C
A time for Miss 17
Gm
Is there a time to change your necklance
C
Is there a time to be a unique queen.
F Gm
Here she comes, beauty praise the crown
F Am
Here she comes, so real in her crown

[Pavarotti]
Gm C
Dici che il fiume trova la via al mare
Gm C
E come il fiume giungerai a me
Gm C
Oltre i confini e le terre assetate
Gm C F Gm
Dici che come fiume, come fiume l'Amore giungerà
F Am Gm C
L'Amore, che non posso più pregare
Gm C
E' nell'Amore che non so più sperare
Gm C
E quell'Amore non so più aspettare.

Gm
Is there a time for tie and ribbons
C
A time for Xmas trees
Gm
Is there a time for laying tables
C
When the night is set you freeze.

F Gm F Am Gm C Gm

:drool::drool:Thanks for the scans, honey. Lovely :love: lovely:drool: Oh, and whilst I think on it; thank you for giving me the incentive to clean my screen. It's perfectly sparkling now and it didn't even taste that bad...so thanks....:D

Oh,Thanks for the info about the song,E_O:wave:
All makes sense:D

When I looked at the picture I grabbed my Telecaster and played the chords as listed on the chalkboard.

Immediately sounded similar but not exact to "Miss Sarajevo". Then I remembered the story, might be in the book iteself, that it was probably an early version of Miss Sarajevo. Then I found the chords on U2 Station. You can see that they are basically the same but in a different key. Anywho... good fun.

Great picture. Would be a neat poster, that pic with the one of Edge from the same photo session.

When I looked at the picture I grabbed my Telecaster and played the chords as listed on the chalkboard.

Immediately sounded similar but not exact to "Miss Sarajevo". Then I remembered the story, might be in the book iteself, that it was probably an early version of Miss Sarajevo. Then I found the chords on U2 Station. You can see that they are basically the same but in a different key. Anywho... good fun.

Great picture. Would be a neat poster, that pic with the one of Edge from the same photo session.
Oh,I learned a lot with you today,E_O!:wave:

Pop has always been my least favorite era, but I LOVE the shirts they all had - especially Adam's "Poptart". Too cute! Thank you soooo much for taking the time to post these, BC! I bought the book when it came out, but don't have a scanner, so I've never been able to get them onto my puter. You're my new favoritest person! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom