The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only! (#2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told mine was getting a shipment of the new stuff in 2 weeks, so maybe yours will as well, JC.

I wanted the thank you cards.

Hey thats good to know, if you come across the red and black thank yous can you pick me up a 2 boxes???

I hope more is coming cause it was pretty lame.

waynetravis said:
gp504193-00vliv01.jpg

New tees with elephants and rhino :drool:

This is one of the ones I'll be getting.

:drool: I went to Hallmark today. They were really just beginning their Red display but they did have a few goodies up already. I needed to get a giftbag and birthday card for a friend's birthday next week so I bought those from the Red stuff. They also had both the On the Move book by Bono and the other book that's online right now. I bought On the Move. I'm kind of disappointed with the size of the fabric gift bag. It's smaller than I thought. Of course I bought one :D but I thought from the looks of it online, it would be bigger. This particular store had an entire section for Red cards plus they had all of the giftbags that are online. They also had wrapped boxes for their display with all of the giftwrap that's online. I hope they're done with the display on Monday because I want to go back and see if they have the tissue paper that's also online. Plus I can't wait to see the entire wall completed! :yes:

From the (RED) website:

Don't forget to vote for your favorite Hallmark (PRODUCT) RED card design! The 10 finalists' designs have been posted on HALLMARK.COM/YOU, and the deadline to vote is coming soon: January 10, 2008.

While you're voting, I also want to let you know that the top 10 finalists' cards went on sale TODAY at HALLMARK.COM/RED! You can purchase the cards individually, or get the whole pack of 10. I'm gonna do the latter right now :)

Best wishes for the new year. --bn
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This was posted in BLOG(RED) on 28 Dec. 2007. :cute:

Thank you for your support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund.
(www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :hi5: :hug:

JCOSTER said:
Hey thats good to know, if you come across the red and black thank yous can you pick me up a 2 boxes???

I hope more is coming cause it was pretty lame.

Hi JC I couldn't wait for RED thank you cards, so I ordered some new ones they have at Hallmark.com. I wanted to let you know that you can order the RED and black ones online. You do have to pay shipping and handling of around $5 for two boxes. If you want to wait for them, I'll keep a look out for them ay my local store.

Bono's Doll said:
(RED) at Hallmark. :yippie: Let's see need an anniversary card, valentines coming up, :hmm: what else.

There is one that says Both(red) and when you open it, it says you make me hot and bothred and then Marvin Gaye sings Lets Get it On. :lol: Bought it for my hubby. :wink:

Don't know if it was mentioned, I just glanced quickly and didn't see it...but Hallmark mailed me a little packet of info about their (RED) cards, so I'm assuming they mailed them out to everybody who has a Gold Crown card. :)

^ I got that too! It was nicely put together!

I just purchased the centered metal bracelet today for 97 cents.

Sorry about your gap Wayne. Can you buy online at least? :(

More on the Valentines Day Art Auction:

Bono’s art initiative
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 23:54 IST

International vocalist Bono, UK artist Damien Hirst and Indian painter Subodh Gupta will raise funds to support the HIV/AIDS programme in South Africa

Valentine’s Day will be celebrated after a month but the biggies from the art and music fraternity across the world have already done their good deed.

Famed vocalist Bono from band U2 (Ireland) and world renowned artist Damien Hirst (UK) has planned a charity auction with Sotheby on February 14 (Valentine’s Day). The total proceeds from this will be donated to the United Nations’ foundation fund to support HIV/AIDS program in South Africa.

A hundred artists, including George Baselitz, Antony Gormley, Jeff Koons, Cecily Brown, Anish Kapoor and Richard Prince will donate their work for the same charity auction .

Interestingly, artist Subodh Gupta is the sole painter from India, who has been requested to donate his work for this charitable cause by Hirst. Subodh’s painting ‘Sunday Lunch’ is estimated to go under the hammer for approximately 9,82,186 lakhs. Subodh says, “The best part about this auction is that all the proceeds will go towards charity. None of the artists will keep anything of it.”

The auction is expected to collect around $40 million out of which Bono has already donated $ eight million. Hirst has offered eight paintings including his ‘All you need is love’ for the auction. Says Bono, “This is the best collection from the best artists in the world. The effort of the artists is considerable. The impact is immeasurable. I love art for art’s sake, but what we have here is a real moment in art history

JCOSTER said:

Sorry about your gap Wayne. Can you buy online at least? :(

Nope :(
The nearest stores now are in Leeds and York, which are an additional hour by trains from the city where my Gap was.

Bonochick said:
Don't know if it was mentioned, I just glanced quickly and didn't see it...but Hallmark mailed me a little packet of info about their (RED) cards, so I'm assuming they mailed them out to everybody who has a Gold Crown card. :)

I got one of those envelopes too, Bonochick, and I was quite elated when I saw that (RED) envelope sitting in my mailbox. :cute:

It also had several coupons for Hallmark (RED) items in it that have to be used by the end of this month so I guess that it's another trip to Hallmark soon for me. :love:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund. (www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :hug:

Is anyone around here attending the art auction for red at sothebys? I called to try to get in and they are at full capacity. :scream:

Looks like I'll be outside waiting once again.

Went to Hallmark last night. Was very pleasantly surprised that the entire front half of the store was (RED). Banner/ad in the front window. Wrapping paper, gift bags, tags, tissue paper in a display on the left. the cloth bags on a display to the right and all the new cards in the middle. very cool. I picked up some tissue paper, wrapping paper and a bag for my friend's bday today. also got a heart shaped beaded thing (for lack of a better word) just for me. thought it was neat.

JCOSTER said:
Is anyone around here attending the art auction for red at sothebys? I called to try to get in and they are at full capacity. :scream:

Looks like I'll be outside waiting once again.

waiting outside to see if you can catch up with bono?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom