The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only! (#2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AngelofHarlem01 said:
:lol: Wow I must be tired. I thought those were really weird shoes for a moment. Cool skateboards indeed though! I wonder if they're just selling the decks or a full skateboard...

:lol:

Probably just the deck. Would be cool to have the trucks and wheels though.

Jamila said:
The latest from (RED):

(RED) HITS $100 MILLION CONTRIBUTION MILESTONE

Thanks to your (RED) purchases, our partners' (PRODUCT) RED contributions to the Global Fund have reached over $60 million.

Together with the $42.58 million raised at the (RED) Auction, thanks to Damien Hirst and the artists and buyers, (RED) contributions to the Global Fund now top $100 million. (RED) money is already at work as part of Global Fund grants in Rwanda, Swaziland and Ghana, funding programs with a primary focus on the health of women and children.

===========================================

Thank you for your support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund. (www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :hi5: :hug:

Thanks for the report Jamila! Isn't it simply amazing? :heart:
Whenever I'm telling someone about (RED), I always love to compare what they've contributed to how much the private sector had been giving up until that point. I think they had given $5 million so far...Wow, THAT puts RED's success into perspective! :yes:

I have been giving (RED) candles as gifts this year. I scored a deal on a bulk of them. It's a great item actually, and it not only brings awareness but gives me an opportunity to talk to friends and family about the RED campaign. :heart: I'm doing my part :wink:

Rosebud said:

Thanks for the report Jamila! Isn't it simply amazing? :heart:
Whenever I'm telling someone about (RED), I always love to compare what they've contributed to how much the private sector had been giving up until that point. I think they had given $5 million so far...Wow, THAT puts RED's success into perspective! :yes:

Thanks Rosebud for your very kind and very supportive words for (RED).

There is a LOT going on right now at (RED) and here is just ONE example:

Skater Eric Koston and artist Andy Jenkins got together to make a limited (RED) Edition Girl Skateboard. Special thanks to GIRL co-owner Spike Jonze for turning GIRL (RED).

Watch the video with Andy and Eric at www.joinred.com

Thanks for your support of (RED) in support of The Global Fund (www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :love:

2 new items from red:

gp552127-00p01v01.jpg

gp552133-00p01v01.jpg

thanks so much for posting that link to Damien's site and the (AUCTION) RED tees.:wink:

When I was in NYC back in February for (AUCTION) RED the Gagosian Gallery was selling those tees and more from (AUCTION) RED and so I'm thrilled to see them still available!

I bought a Butterfly/Heart tee for me and a red butterfly tee for my daughter there. I'm glad to know that the Jeff Koons balloon rabbit tee is still available for future purchase.

I don't know why I like that tee....I just do. :sexywink:

Jamila said:
I'm glad to know that the Jeff Koons balloon rabbit tee is still available for future purchase.

I don't know why I like that tee....I just do. :sexywink:

I totally love the balloon rabbit tees, they are hilarious!

The ones with the butterflies and the heart ones are also beautiful.

Jamila said:
The latest from (RED):

(RED) HITS $100 MILLION CONTRIBUTION MILESTONE

Thanks to your (RED) purchases, our partners' (PRODUCT) RED contributions to the Global Fund have reached over $60 million.

Together with the $42.58 million raised at the (RED) Auction, thanks to Damien Hirst and the artists and buyers, (RED) contributions to the Global Fund now top $100 million. (RED) money is already at work as part of Global Fund grants in Rwanda, Swaziland and Ghana, funding programs with a primary focus on the health of women and children.

===========================================

Thank you for your support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund. (www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :hi5: :hug:

Oh wow, now that is good news! Even though only a couple of (RED) products have made their way to Finland, that I'm aware of, i.e the Emporio Armani White perfume and the (RED) edition of Vanity Fair, I've been promoting Product (RED) here at my college, at every opportunity. I only hope that eventually more (RED) products will be made available in Europe in the near future, think how many more milloins could be raised!! :yes:

Thanks Jamila for the info! :wave:

Ugh, I was waiting for them to come out because I need a new pair. I guess I won't be buying those then. Not exactly my style. :sad:

Bona Vox said:
Hi there!
I think I found the Red Converse shoes designed by the Edge! They are auctioned for the Music Rising thing in May....

large-402.jpg

Here's the link:
http://www.auctionnetworklive.com/s...artLotId=402&direction=next&showThumbNails=on

Oh wow I was looking at those last night too and I saw where they said worn and signed by Edge but I totally missed the word "designed"! Thanks for having sharp eyes :lol:
Looks like this pair is a factory sample... wonder when they will be available... and I wonder how he came up with that design :huh:
:giggle:
I like them though, and maybe my kids would wear them, their original (RED) converse are getting old now, but they are still in good shape, they are well made shoes :up:

Last edited:
yeah...I want them!!! I always wanted a pair of converse shoes. Does anyone know where (in stores?!) they'll be available?

last unicorn said:
Wow, these (Red) converse shoes designed by Edge look great! I'm happy to see (Red) and Music Rising being brought together.

I completely agree, last unicorn - it is nice to see Music Rising & (RED) combine forces on this effort.:up:

I LOVE Edge's design on these Converse shoes. I don't know if my budget can afford them right now but they are really cool!

thanks for your comments too, bonocomet & hcbiggs :wave:

Thank you all for your continued support of (RED) in support of the Global Fund (www.theglobalfund.org)

:bonodrum: :hug:

I just want to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the (Product) Red iPod Shuffle that I won in a raffle on Thursday! It's really tiny but plays great! I'm still loading songs on it but of course I've got some U2 goodies on it!!!

I'm new and I just wanted to say that I have RED tshirt (Inspi(red)), candle, bracelet and pin, and I got the bracelet for my bff for Christmas last year. :) I :heart: the products and of course what they stand for!

Thought this might be of interest. People climbing Mount Everest for RED!

Everest Team INSPI(RED)

Also, I don't know about any other Hallmark stores, but after mothers day my Hallmark store doesn't have a display anymore or even a card!

My local gaps and thats 4 of them only have a little area of red stuff. :rolleyes:

Whats going on? :grumpy:

Thanks JC for reviving this thread.:)

I would have done it but I didn't know what the level of support for (RED) was still out here in PLEBA & I didn't want to appear to be trying to promoting an idea that people weren't interested in.

One of my local GAP stores had NO (RED) section but my local Hallmark still had a decent selection of (RED) items. :love:

This concerns me too so I'm checking it out.

Here is the link for those of you who can buy Hallmark (RED) items to the Father's Day card selection that are currently available:

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/store...ED/RED_CARDS_FD

I am currently between jobs & don't have a lot of disposable income right now but I think that I will have to buy a few of these cards for my brother-in-law and my soon to be son-in-law....and then one for myself to keep!

I really like the He(red)ity card &, of course, the "DADS ROCK" one !

Please buy at least ONE of these Hallmark (RED) Father's Day cards for the special men in your life ...and help fathers in Africa to stay alive & help their families.

Life is a circle - the more that you help someone else, the more Life will ultimately help you. ~

:bonodrum::love::hug:

For the end of the year gift to our principal I am giving her the be inspired book by Hallmark. Our principal, always writes quotes on the white board where everyone can see them. I thought this would be good for her!

That does remind me, JCOSTER, tha Hallmark (RED) also has Graduation cards (hopefully I'm not too late :reject:) at their outlet stores and online if anyone still needs a card for a graduate.

My daughter & her fiance marry in two weeks and I am giving them their wedding cash in a (RED) wedding card!

At Christmas last year, they gave me the BEST Christmas present that I've ever received from them - a $100 donation card to the Global Fund in my name!:up:

They are both BIG (RED) supporters so I think that they'll :love: their wedding card. :hug:

Mmmmm I just opened up another new (RED) candle tonite. It smells soooo good!

I'd like to see (RED) partner with some eco friendly cleaning products, cosmetics & haircare type products, I think that would be really cool! Maybe some of the Organic food product lines too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom