the all new PLEDA thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's probably when the show aired, not sure when the footage was shot though. I am curious about the part that The Edge 89 is talking about though!

It's very brief and you don't get to hear much of the music anyway.
Bono invites the interviewer into his car and here's what happens:

Bono: Let's play a tune in the car... *click*
[Music blasts out]
Bono (singing together with his voice from the CD-player): "Everywhere you go you shout it, you don't have to be shy about it..."
Interviewer (voice-over, music keeps playing faintly): It's a work in progress, a song he wrote for his three children.
Bono: It's a beautiful song about...and it's just...I guess to be yourself is the hardest thing to do.

I have an audioclip if anyone would like to hear it, but don't expect too much from it.

There are a couple of songs on How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb that were born during the All That You Can't Leave Behind sessions actually: Miracle Drug, Love And Peace Or Else, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (a.k.a. "Tough"), A Man And A Woman and Are You Gonna Wait Forever.

I would like to hear that. Thanks :)

Ok, here it is:
U2 - Everywhere You Go (Original Of The Species demo)
Download link: 23 U2 - Everywhere you go_mp3

Length: 0:30 minutes
Bitrate: 128 kbps
Filesize: 472.13 kb
Comment: Excerpt from a CBS 60 Minutes interview with Bono about an short and early version of Original of The Species. Taped sometime in 2001-2002, can't really remember. Don't mind the "23" in the filename, it's just there to help me keep my collection in order.

Thank you! Ok that clip does sound like it would be included in the 60 Minutes program I posted the link to. I suppose it's possible as I haven't watched the show all the way through for a while. It could be there. (I know the scenes showing Danny Lanois are of SIAM and Walk On)

Thank you! Ok that clip does sound like it would be included in the 60 Minutes program I posted the link to.

You're welcome.
You were right the Original Of The Spiecies clip was from another interview it seems. That being said, I didn't mind watching it at all.
And those lyrics: :drool:

Out of the blue out of the - -
Out of range out of striking distance
Off the wagon on the smokes
Off the canvas On the ropes
Out of sorts out of smokes
Out of laughter fear of jokes

Out of range of where you thought you might be
Daddy go home
Out of me out of you
Out of reach of rescue
Out of the reasons I left you
Out of smokes out of jokes
Out of punches on the ropes

Out of luck out of time
Out of change and at the end of the line
- - - break rhyme
Thank you for the upload! :applaud:

I know, pretty cool getting a peek on that laptop!

you're very welcome :wave: (Need to find that other interview now from your clip :hmm: )

edgedannylanoisachtungbabysessions.jpg

bonodannylanoisadamachtungbabysessi.jpg

Lanois :heart:

This might sound weird but everytime I think about him, I always daydream about me walking in the streets and meeting him...since I live in his hometown :lol:

aah the fun of daydreaming...

daniel-lanois2.jpg

daniel-lanois.jpg

20071203_Daniel_Lanois.jpg

Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno:

Before Brian Eno was a producer... many will remember he was a keyboard player in Roxy Music. (Cool band). Roxy influenced LOADS of bands in the 1980's and 1990's, from Duran Duran to Suede and more. And obviously his prodution work with Devo and Talking Heads lead U2 to seek his serves.

It was Brian Eno that made the 6 second startup sound for MicroSoft Windows 95. (Just for a bit of trivia)

So did Brian ALWAYS look so professorial?

Not so much!

Eno-Roxy_era-1.jpg

Does anyone has pics of Sam O'Sullivan (Larry's drum technician)???? :D
:reject:
I tried to take one when he came out to tell a group of fans outside Hanover Quay to move awat from the garage. It happened so suddenly and I didn't get a good shot I think someone might've been in the way I can't remember but I deleted it because there wasn't much to see except a few heads and a shoulder. He came out twice or perhaps three times during the two times I visited the band's Dublin studio in April, seemed pretty nice.

Here's one of Paul McGuinness that I managed to take though.
Irland-skolresaapril2008018.jpg

And an extra of Brian Eno's back from Fez/u2.com that I don't think has been posted yet:
eno-fezwhiteboard.jpg

Brian Peter George St. John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno:

Before Brian Eno was a producer... many will remember he was a keyboard player in Roxy Music. (Cool band). Roxy influenced LOADS of bands in the 1980's and 1990's, from Duran Duran to Suede and more. And obviously his prodution work with Devo and Talking Heads lead U2 to seek his serves.

It was Brian Eno that made the 6 second startup sound for MicroSoft Windows 95. (Just for a bit of trivia)

So did Brian ALWAYS look so professorial?

Not so much!

Eno-Roxy_era-1.jpg

Yeah Im a Roxy Music/Brain Ferry fan and I agree (cool band):applaud:

Back
Top Bottom