Does it Irritate Anyone Else that...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redhill

Refugee
all the guys need to be worked on so much in publicity layouts / magazines?

I mean they get their hair dyed (except the Silver fox) and who knows what else, then they put makeup on them, and finally they touch up the photos to
hide any wrinkles.

I am not irritated by the band or their team...more just sad at the world that it has to be this way :(

all the guys need to be worked on so much in publicity layouts / magazines?

I mean they get their hair dyed (except the Silver fox) and who knows what else, then they put makeup on them, and finally they touch up the photos to
hide any wrinkles.

I am not irritated by the band or their team...more just sad at the world that it has to be this way :(

it is irritating a bit. personally, I think wrinkles on a man's face give him character. forgive my fangirl moment here, but I'm totally head over heels with every line on Larry's face and I sometimes miss them in the pics.

but I guess touching up is a common practice these days. nothing we can do about it...

Yeah it irritates me, especially when they remove the freckles, like the Rolling Stone cover in 2005, I mean c'mon they have been there is whole life, we know they are there. And yeah I miss the lines when they remove those too, as a friend once said to me that man has done a lot of smiling in his life :cute:
Anyways, but yeah that's the industry. I love when certain magazines leave things just as they are. (Q 1-2006 :up: )

k I'm done :reject:

It doesn't irritate me, it more saddens me. That todays beauty ideal means everything's airbrushed. What happened to natural beauty?

Hate to break it to ya Comet, but Q was heavily airbrushed. And a pretty bad job too.

It doesn't irritate me, it more saddens me. That todays beauty ideal means everything's airbrushed. What happened to natural beauty?

Hate to break it to ya Comet, but Q was heavily airbrushed. And a pretty bad job too.

I'm not talking about the last issue of Q, I'm talking about an older one.

(When comparing RS 2005 to Q 2006... big difference)

Is that the one with the ridiculously combed back hair? :yikes:

I definately do NOT own that one. :lol:

Why yes, it is :flirt:

Here let me show you....

bonoQNY10-10-05inside50.jpg

:yikes: yes that!

It's almost as bad as the baldie. I feel like he's going to poke my eye out! :lol:

Really like the stubble in that one though. :hmm:

I know you hate the cover even more so I posted the inside pic here... but they are very similar... all freckles and imperfections in place.

I know you hate the cover even more so I posted the inside pic here... but they are very similar... all freckles and imperfections in place.

haha yeah, well the green shades look better than the red ones.

It's good that it's not photoshopped, I would've liked it if they still did it that way now.

I am at an age right now where I really appreciate a good and natural looking man with grey hair, wrinkles and all. :wink:

I feel especially outraged by the photo people airbrushing Bono's freckles :sad:

I mean the freckles are a part of him and make him what he is, I really like them.

All the heavy airbrushing is just ridiculous. We all know they have wrinkles and aren't so young anymore, sometimes it's exaggerated and really looks unnatural.

I'm not feeling that hair either. I wish they would just let them be natural

We all know they have wrinkles and aren't so young anymore, sometimes it's exaggerated and really looks unnatural.

I agree.
in my very humble opinion, this airbrushing thing is unnecessary. especially that they are all aging very well and don't need to be "made more beautiful" (for the lack of a better phrase in my poor vocabulary).

Freckles are natural and make a person who they are.

Agreed. I have the '05 Rolling Stone cover hanging in my cubicle and that's the first thing everyone always says, "Where are his freckles?" It is a sad day when they start airbrushing musicians...leave it for the dimples in a model's arse or something in Cosmo.

I mean, they could look a LOT worse - like Mickey Rourke :yikes:!!!! They've all aged gracefully and look even better now than they did in the early 80's when they were boys.

No, that is :drool:

But it's even better on the whole package, no need to delete half the pic! Why does everyone hate his hair being slicked back so much? I just find it odd... we have a zillion pics of it dry and fluffy :shrug: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom