Bono's Haircut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:combust: Asafdsghdfgkjhgd! Where's that from??

I've just one thing on the long hair.

NEVAR AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yikes: He looked like an old man trying far too hard to be hip.

It was from a Spanish special on Pop. He looked soooo awesome during it. I have a brand new appreciation of the Pop era lately.

he just needs to lose those stupid glasses
as for his hair i like it short i dont think he can pull off the long look evident on vertigo tour
his hair on the sweetest thing filmclip is good length
or start of altyclb era

he just needs to lose those stupid glasses

54837a54-9c99-4b9c-bfb8-e4adb67c898c.jpg

:lol: That's awesome.

I think the glasses are here to stay, although they don't bother me as much as they used to. Are they a different style/brand than in the Vertigo years?

Maybe the short hair makes them look better. :wink:

I think the current ones he wears off stage with the star on the side look much better on him than the Armani's he wore during Vertigo. The lenses are bigger but they actually blend with his face shape much better and don't look so... I don't know, jarring at first sight.

BonoElyseePalaceFrance9-17-20103.jpg

compared to

bonoweftalk.jpg

He was wearing some different glasses on the last leg of the tour, with darker, thicker stems. I don't know if he wore them consistently? I'm watching a bootleg Paris DVD, and I'm lookin' at them now.

They're rather ugly. Thank god for the leather to focus on instead.

Haha! I actually got used to those real quick. He wore them on stage the entire last leg after his surgery for his comeback. They definitely seemed a throw back to The Fly, especially with all that leather. :up:

bonoleathermouth.jpg

and another star he wears quite well. :shifty:

Yeah, the uber-buzz cut I don't care for. When he first chopped it in 2009 (?), it was way too short - hated the shaved sides. I love it now.

when he first cut it in 2006 and was actually taking the time to style it? :drool:

:lol: That's awesome.

I think the glasses are here to stay, although they don't bother me as much as they used to. Are they a different style/brand than in the Vertigo years?

Maybe the short hair makes them look better. :wink:

The glasses will probably always bother me, but I suppose there's no use fighting it. Just another reason why I loved the Elevation tour.

I love his onstage Bvlgari's, they look very cool in person.
Totally agree with bonocomet, it makes him the fly V.2.0.

I like the ones with the stars because they don't have much tint to them and almost look like glasses. You can still see his eyes through them. I think that's why I like Pop era all of a sudden. Short hair and no glasses.

Never again the Jackie Onassis look, as The Edge called it. :lol:

The Elevation look was ok, like this:

210px-Bono_ElevationTour.png

I like it cut closer though. When it gets long and he tries to spike it, it looks a bit silly, especially "dry". Shorter more clean cut is good.

Unless of course he's growing it into pre-ATYCLB look, which is also cool:

21885493PXRZdAmDUo_ph.jpg

but please for the love of god no Vertigo. :lol:

The longer the Vertigo hair went on the more he staightened his hair and I thought that it looked as though his hair was in bad condition. Straightening your hair dries it out and what's the point in it? I have quite wavy hair and I like it that way. Straightening makes it feel flat and dry. I thought his hair looked best during the 2006 Grammies, the Vertigo gig in NY on top of a truck and Live 8. It looked great during the Enough Rope interview before he had it cut.

I do agree that when he dyes it jet black it is too dark for him, especially during Elevation where he was dressed head to toe in black.

After he had his surgery last year he did grow out his hair a little bit. It looked natural because he didn't smoother it in product like he did during the late 90's. Why did he cut it so short again? He could just left it how it was.

To me, the worst Vertigo hair was when they were inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame.

Oh, for serious. That's the first thing I think of when I think of Vertigo hair, even though it got much better.

It's so bad that it's the lasting image in my head of that era.

I'm sure this thought has been tossed out there, but ever wonder if while on a lay over or some down time, he's checking U2 sites and sees 4 pages dedicated to the state of his hair and thinks, "People....I'm trying to save lives here! You aren't getting it!" :hmm:

No, you aren't getting it. This is a very serious matter, your hair.

There was some scary stuff goin on.

bandaidpurplesuitpeace.jpg

(Bono i :heart: you no matter what, but... :uhoh: )

All I can say is

:bow: thank you Bono for this

bono360tongue.jpg

and this

Paris360bonobw.jpg

I like em both. :love:

I swore he was going bald during Vertigo. The graying made it look like it was thinning. Was he straightening it? Or blowing it out? :lmao:

Does someone have that first pic from when he cut his hair? Im on my phone and can't get to it. He's wearing green (I think) sunglasses and flashing a peace sign.

Does someone have that first pic from when he cut his hair? Im on my phone and can't get to it. He's wearing green (I think) sunglasses and flashing a peace sign.

There were 2 pics that day

bonohaircut4-9-06gavinbonovox.jpg

bonopeacehaircut4-9-06bonovox.jpg

These were the first on 4-9-06

The next time we saw him was 4-19 and 4-20-06 in Monaco

BonoPaulMcGuiness4-19-06MgrofYearaw.jpg

bonomonacco4-20-06.jpg

then these

bonoshorthairjeanssandalsfrance20061.jpg

bonoshorthairjeanssandalsfrance20062.jpg

5-4-2006
Bonoshorthair5-4-2006.jpg