Bono to speak at Women's conference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ :hmm: we could.....Oh yeah Freefall aka Mary is also attending :D:up:

Oh this could get out of hand! :wink:

Anyway, my point in posting the thread for "meet-ups" is that (I think) most people just come HERE for info. or pics, and don't give a rat's :silent: about us talking about meeting up. I don't know...maybe it's just me. :shrug:

:reject:

WEBono.jpg

Bono: Speaker at 2008 Womens Conference - Womens Issues, Leadership and Empowerment

How He Empowers Others

The lead singer of Irish rock band U2, Bono is a well know campaigner against AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. In 2002, he and Bobby Shriver co-founded DATA (debt, AIDS, trade, Africa) to raise awareness of the issues in its name and influence government policy on Africa. In 2004, to that same end, they helped to start the ONE Campaign, now 2.5 million members strong, which later joined with DATA to form a new organization also called ONE. Bono and Shriver also founded (RED) to deliver corporate profits to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. With his wife Ali, Bono started Edun, an ethical fashion company which makes clothes in Africa and other developing regions.

WEBono.jpg

Bono: Speaker at 2008 Womens Conference - Womens Issues, Leadership and Empowerment

How He Empowers Others

The lead singer of Irish rock band U2, Bono is a well know campaigner against AIDS and extreme poverty in Africa. In 2002, he and Bobby Shriver co-founded DATA (debt, AIDS, trade, Africa) to raise awareness of the issues in its name and influence government policy on Africa. In 2004, to that same end, they helped to start the ONE Campaign, now 2.5 million members strong, which later joined with DATA to form a new organization also called ONE. Bono and Shriver also founded (RED) to deliver corporate profits to help eliminate AIDS in Africa. With his wife Ali, Bono started Edun, an ethical fashion company which makes clothes in Africa and other developing regions.

I would DEFINATELY go.

If I was a woman! :wink:

I am so glad there's to be a LIVE Webcast! I can watch all day! And to have the Agenda to know what's going on and what to expect etc. Thanks to all who have shared this info! :hug: It'll be great to hear from those who actually attend too! I would so :heart: to go!

I would imagine from the link BF posted above for the AGENDA will get you to the webcast? I'd think it would be included on the Conference website? :hmm: That's what I was planning to try.

I browsed the one page quickly and didn't see webcast info. Then again, I won't be home after 4:00pm, so... I'll just have to read about it later. And in & out the rest of the day :sigh:

For some reason I kept thinking it was on Saturday 10/18 and it's actually on Tuesday

If anyone wants my 2 tickets let me know. 1/2 price!
I can't go. :(
Budget issues.

I may be interested if they are the afternoon tickets that were $40 each. Do you still have them? Would you accept payment through Paypal? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom