A surprise gift from U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterneillphoto

The Fly
Look what U2 sent me!! :) They all signed the mag cover and doodled it! Naturally I framed it! I nearly died of shock!!

q94SsoK

Wow! This just keeps getting better!

That's a great personal touch.
So who's the responsible party? PM? Honestly I'm shocked, but then there always seems to be some cool thoughtful people surrounding this band.:loveshower:

It must be so amazing to see your photo on the cover! Congrats!!:applaud:

Hey Jeannieco,

I'm only in the music shooting scene a short while and am trying to make a go of it, so after catching a lucky break a couple of years ago I have been able to shoot U2 a few times, leading into a situation now where I am shootign a lot of bands now. (Collection: Music Photography) The last time, in Paris last year was where I took the shot in the pic. Billboard magazine in Brazil contacted me and asked to use it on the cover.
How they got it to me, I can only partly share, due to some confidences I cannot break, but basically I have a family friend whom is very very close to all the band and has worked with them since the very start, he showed them the magazine without my knowledge when they were in Brazil recently. Bono apparently really liked it and offered to sign a copy for me, and in the end they all signed it and delivered it back to me via the mutual friend.

Cheers ,

Pete

That's fantastic.

I like that Edge drew an arrow pointing to the left edge of the magazine, near his signature.

Back
Top Bottom