Ultraviolet (Light My Way)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I love the song, my third favourite off Achtung Baby behind Zoo station and The Fly.

I was just wondering why the song is called Ultraviolet, anyone have any knowledge or ideas concerning the name? It really confuses me.

Nevertheless, it's a great name for a song.

I read that Ultraviolet light is also called the "Black Light" because it is unvisible light.
it?s kind of paradoxical to light one's way with ultraviolet light which can't be seen.

i think bono ment to say that he wants someone to guide him and show him things that he can't see as the ultraviolet light can't be seen. and show him the good sides of life because he can only see bad.

Anyway it is a great name for a song!!!!
And it's a great song!!!!

also, on a interesting note.....I remember reading that bono said that East Germany had a lot of UV light compared to the west.......he found it kind of depressing........

One of the coolest things about Ultraviolet (Light My Way) is that, if you go listen to Lady with the Spinning Head, you can hear the elements of that tune that became Ultraviolet and The Fly.

Seriously, check it out. Some of the tracks were almost robbed straight from LwtSH, some were modified or changed as far as what instrument played them.

For example, if you can hear the guitar part underneath "La la la la la la la la la la la lady with the spinning head" it can also be heard underneath "Baby baby baby light my way."

The drum intro to LwtSH is also in the beginning of The Fly.

Etc., etc.

'your love is like a lightbulb hangin over my bed'- the love has always been there, every day, every night, all the time, yet is underappreciated and undervalued. really, how much does someone pay attention to the lightbulb hangin over their bed...its taken for granted and forgotten until the moments before falling asleep, but by then its too late because the lights probably already been turned off...
yeah good song for sure :wink:

Back
Top Bottom