tomorrow opening

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
anyone got an interpretation of what those vocals are exactly at the beginning of tomorrow...they are probably insignificant, but im just curious at whats being said....

in my opinion it's just someone counting in the song, some instructions for playing or it was an outtake at the beginning and they didn't cut it out of the recording. nothing important. and i can't understand it either lol.

A stretch, but sounds like an Irish wake, like maybe a eulogy of some sort. (It's what I can gather from the lyrics, the death of his mother, "won't you be back tomorrow.")

I have just bought the October CD and I absolutely love this song! In fact the more I listen to it the more I like it all. I "found" U2 with the R&H DVD and its fascinating to move backwards to some of their earlier stuff and see how they "grew" to where they are now.

Tomorrow beginning

"Very good." - unknown, through a speaker
"Practice." - Edge?
"Right, you have to admit that we're/went bad." - Bono?
(Laughter)
"You're doing good, (let's/just do it)." - first voice again

words separated by a slash are either one or the other... I think it's "That was practice." or else "For practice" but you just can't hear it...

email me for a filtered .wav file of this part, but it may be some days before I can email it back to you... I'm pretty busy these days...

goat

}:)~

Just a quick note, I went and dug up the .wav file and didn't like it so I filtered it from scratch again and here's my new version of what's said at the beginning:

"Very cool." - unknown, through a speaker
"(For) practice." - Edge?
"Right, you have to admit that we're bad/went better." - Bono?
(Laughter)
"So what?" (faint)
"Take your places." - first voice again

Converted the wavs to mp3... some loss of quality but 403k is better than 18MB...

goat

xxrivergoatxx@hotmail.com

edit:spelling

Last edited:
Just beat me with a stick... pulled this one out again, hated the way the mp3 sounded, so I went after it once more... and came up with something completely different.. and funny as hell:

voice 1:"Drink up!"
voice 2:"Breakfast."
voice 3:"Fry eggs and ham."
voice 4:"Okay."
voice 5:"So what?"

voice 1:"Sing for your cookie!"

voice 1 sounds like it's coming through a speaker. voice 2 may be The Edge, voice 3 sounds like Bono. voices 4 and 5 are way in the background and hard to hear (particulary #4)...

Technical notes: I recorded the track from vinyl to a .WAV file and then played with it using a mixing program (sorry, don't give free advertisements) }:)~ Each voice was treated separately and then I linked them all together. After some volume adjustments between the segments, I converted that .WAV to mp3 format. Took me about an hour or so.

I wasn't expecting to hear anything like this.. here's the mp3 I made.. had to cut down the resolution to be able to post it here, but it sounds okay. Listen and make up your own mind.

goat

Attachments

• tomorrow start.mp3
    69.4 KB
Back
Top Bottom