The Lounge Fly Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celtophile

The Fly
Since i am a relatively new fan i was browsing through the lyric section one day of a fan site and came across the lyrics for the lounge fly mix. basically does anyone posess it and does it sound as amazing as i hope it does ?

Yeah, I have it. If you've seen the video for The Fly, they play a bit of the Lounge Mix at the very beginning when Bono is running around in the streets. And yes, it sounds amazing. :wink:

i think of the lounge fly mix as edge sort of speaking through song to his first wife...

ps:MODERATORS: feel free to deleate the thread if what i just said violates any rules, i was just looking for some feedback on the song...

Yeah....I've got it to....it's a great mix of The Fly!!!
I love it.....it also contains some lyrics different from the original version....
Like:
It's no secret that I left you, and still I don't know why??
and: But it's never to late to take his call....that's no secret at all

actually i think he surely knows why he had left her
but that wouldn't fit the song lyrics, plus the song would last longer:evil:

The Lounge Fly mix was written for the stage version of Clockwork Orange.

U2 have always said it's written from the perspective of a man who's making a phone call from hell but actually doesn't mind being there.

I''ve always though the meaning of these lyrics are..

It''s never to late to take his call' - 'It's never too late to turn to God.'

'It's no secret that I left you and still I don't know why' - 'I still don't know why I turned away from God in the first place'

They've probably all got double meanings though.

The whole point of the song was about contradiction.

celtophile said:
Since i am a relatively new fan i was browsing through the lyric section one day of a fan site and came across the lyrics for the lounge fly mix. basically does anyone posess it and does it sound as amazing as i hope it does ?

:yes: I agree with everyone that it is amazing. I own it, and forgive me if I missed reading this and someone already said it, but you can find it on "The Fly" single disc.

Back
Top Bottom