See the bird with a leaf in her mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_gal

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
You probably all know this but...

The line in Beautiful Day
"See the bird with a leaf in her mouth" was taken from the bible when Noah sent out two birds, he sent them to see if life was still in existence, the first bird (a raven apparantley) never came back, but the dove did, "with a leaf in her mouth" and that proved to Noah that there was still life.

"After the floods all the colours came out" is also a reference to the same story when after the floods in the Noahs Ark story were over, all the colours of the world came out.

I only realised that a few days ago.

And, I have to say that Bono really is an excellent song writer. His lyrics are so moving, so powerful, so knowlegable, so clever and so true that he deserves all the credit he receives as a lyricist.

Well done B!

I think also with that line the dove with a leaf in its mouth represents peace so i thought that might have something to do with it when I first heard that line

bono_gal said:
:yes:

I :heart: "youve been all over and its been all over you"

when it hits the chorus all i wanna do is jump around, since Cardiff I havent stopped :D:D:D:D:D

You love this town/Even if that doesn't ring true/You've been all over/And it's been all over you

That's most likely my favorite part of the song. :wink:

"What you don't have, you don't need it now"

That's one of the lines that makes me really love this song.

Totally agree!

Great lyrics, great song.

It's the one that get me into U2 :wink: so I have a great feeling for this song :wink:

Back
Top Bottom