Running to Stand Still Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I have known this song for years but it was only recently that I "discovered" it. It was actually kind of bizarre. I was in my room one day listening to JT and when RTSS came on, all of a sudden I just got this really spiritual feeling. What a beautiful song! I :heart: it.

Yes...

It is a very pretty song. One of my personal favorites off of "The Joshua Tree".

I like the little "Ha la la la de day" thing, and I like these last two lines in particular...just kind of an interesting way to end a song:

She will suffer the needle chill
She's running to stand still

Angela

I :love: this song too, it's my fave and it's the only thing I can play on the guitar! I only found out what "seven towers" were the other day, I had often wondered. It is a beautiful song.

Re: Yes...

Moonlit_Angel said:
It is a very pretty song. One of my personal favorites off of "The Joshua Tree".

I like the little "Ha la la la de day" thing, and I like these last two lines in particular...just kind of an interesting way to end a song:

She will suffer the needle chill
She's running to stand still

Angela

Yes...I love that line as well. Gives ME chills!

The Zootv Sydney performance is wonderful!

I will definitly sign this thread, I really love this song! It's one of the songs that really stood out when I first got "Joshua Tree". I liked this song before I liked "Streets".

The lyrics are great and I love the harmonica at the end.

My favourite line is;

You've got to cry without weaping,
Talk without speaking.
Scream without raising your voice.

It's so true!

I also really enjoy the Zoo TV version of this song. Love the guitar in it. It's so powerful!

adamswildhoney said:
I love the Dub NYE show version of it! :heart:

:yes:

I love RTSS so much. It is definitely my fav JT song and watching it on the Zoo TV video blows me away no matter how many times I see it.

its also a great song to play on the guitar or piano. Relaxes me everytime even though I can't hit those damn high notes when I try to sing along.

Swan269 said:
its also a great song to play on the guitar or piano. Relaxes me everytime even though I can't hit those damn high notes when I try to sing along.

:yes: This is definitely another song I have to try to play on my guitar (still a beginner)!

she walks through the streets with eyes painted red
under black belly of cloud in the rain
in through a doorway she brings me
white gold and pearls stolen from the sea
she is raging she is raging
and the storm blows up in her eyes...

(My favorite part.)

ZooTV version is amazing. The Hallelujahs at the end, the guitar......:drool:

I was joost listening to ZooEuropa today for the first time since acquired and that Boot just blows me away. Sounds so great, esp that particular song. Goosebumps.

:up: :up:

Giant Lemon said:
I love RTSS, especially the "she is raging...." buildup!

<----------- I've never cared for this song.... :D kidding of course.

I love the whole verse... She moves through the streets, with eyes painted red.... and so on. Quite possibly my favorite lyrics.

Along with Dirty Day it's the best U2 song EVER! I :heart: it! Wonderful lyrics, and as you already said: the Zoo TV performance is AMAZING!

i dont think that bono has ever matched the lyrics of this song. besides 'bad', 'rtss' is his greatest LYRICAL song.... his best VOCAL song is a different story. but yes, the last two lines of that song gives everyone chills... if not, then you're not human ;)

Back
Top Bottom