Another Time, Another Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcroach

The Fly
OK, someone please help me out here. I've been listing to U2's catalog of albums in chronological order while reading "U2 by U2" I had never noticed the strange lyrics at the end of "Another Time, Another Place." Is is not in English? Gaelic? German? Bongolese? The lyrics at u2wanderer.org weren't helpful on this one.

Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Any translations out there?

From u2achtung.com :

- Another Time, Another Place
Après le solo de guitare (3:37-3:51), Bono chante dans une langue qui n'est pas de l'anglais. La plupart des gens estime que ça doit être de l'allemand : "ich habe da, ich still hab'".

It means that it is believed that Bono sings in a language that is not English and most of the people think it is German:

I'm not convinced..... :huh:

As far as I know, it's Gaelic. I've always heard the section referred to as being in Gaelic by fans and websites, though I don't know whether the band has ever confirmed that. I kind of doubt it's German, because if it was, it seems like it would've been more solidly confirmed and translated by German fans by now.
As for what Bono's actually saying... I haven't the foggiest. Though it really sounds like he's saying "lemon cheesecake" at one point :lol:

Back
Top Bottom