So I picked up Race of Angels...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Excellent book!!! One of my favorites!! :p

It's not a U2 biography or anything... it's more circumspect than a biography...

Rather it goes into discussion about the Irish culture and times in which U2 sprung from... and magically, as a reader you'd get suck into the fascinating ideas about Ireland and understand to a greater degree what kind of impact did Ireland had on U2....

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well enough...

Here's a description from U2Station.com

In this paperback, leading Irish journalist John Waters attempts to pinpoint the source within the Irish cultural genius from which U2 emerged. Putting together pieces of a hidden ancestry, he articulates the sense of the band's unique.

This book is VERY RARE TO FIND!!

If you don't like it, you could always sell it on eBay or Amazon :D

I ended up skipping alot of it, looking for where he actually talks about U2. Much of it is him waxing on and on about Ireland's history and music.....blah blah blah - talk about mah boys! :mad:

Re: Excellent book!!! One of my favorites!! :p

theSoulfulMofo said:
This book is VERY RARE TO FIND!!

If you don't like it, you could always sell it on eBay or Amazon :D

If you don't like it, you could always sell it to a willing buyer in Wales. Just kidding. :wink:

I have this book. Someone on a U2 list who didn't want it *sent* it to me!! He wouldn't even let me pay the postage!! I love the book myself. I think Waters is a genius.

Back
Top Bottom