i need a summer read!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

veghead

Princess
*i dont quite know if this is the right place to post this...i dont know my way around the forum very well*

id really love to start a new book, before the summer nights turn cold. but i have no ideas at all of what i should read.

so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me??
has anyone read a good book lately??

im definately into classic love stories...nothing too scary or tacky.

*thanks in advance for all of your wonderful suggestions*

Classic love story? Not too tacky? I have a great one for you: Far From The Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy. His other works, imho, aren't as great as this one, although they are all good.

foray

Classic love stories, eh...?

Try F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby or any of his short stories (his stories do come in a book of complete collection).

Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera.

Salman Rushdie's The Ground Beneath Your Feet.

Nicholas Sparks is awesome. I am really getting into his stuff this summer. First I read "The Notebook," then "A Walk to Remember," and now I'm in the middle of "The Rescue." I LOVE the way this guy writes! :happy:

Re: Classic love stories, eh...?

theSoulfulMofo said:
Try F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby or any of his short stories (his stories do come in a book of complete collection).

Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being.

Gabriel Garcia Marquez's Love in the Time of Cholera.

Salman Rushdie's The Ground Beneath Your Feet.

Are you my soulmate?
I can't believe you recommended these 4 books... I've read and loved all of them!!!
In fact, Kundera's is one of my favorite books closed followed by The Great Gatsby. (Have you seen the movie?)

Oh God!

I also recommend Fran?oise Sagan's : Bonjour Tristesse. Sorry, I don't know the title in English but it's probably "Good Morning Sadness"

Lucy.

Well, if your looking for something u2ey then read Bill Flanagan's U2 At The End Of The World. If you havn't already. but other than that I would say norman mailer's Executioners Song. The boys were reading it will writing for The Joshua Tree.

Back
Top Bottom