Endangered Species #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
These Guys...

1879621657.jpg

Unless they lift their game for the south africans theyre no longer number 1...

holy shit!
the loser with the sunglasses on is a U2 fan!!
its true, i bumped into him in London. Walked right into the nerd! he was wearing a bandana on his fat head then too.

DOnt tell me hes an interland member? God, aint we got enough egos around here?

i cant even tell..is it Langer or Martyn?

they are both cuties whatever

damn, maybe its gilchrist...
when is someone gonna tell them those style oakleys are so late 90s
rolleyes.gif

haha yup its gilchrist...and sunnies being used at all on the field are soooooo Dean Jones, dont even start me on Warne's goggles
biggrin.gif

mmm, it almost looks like Steve Waugh has no teeth

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-07-2001).]

Its Grand Pa Steve!!!!
He secretly uses his bat as a walking stick

Actually there was a really good article about Mark and him in todays paper. They play their hundredth test together at ADelaide.Im sure they will get a HUGE cheer. Be more fitting in Sydney however :/
oh well..

Lucky boy Brett!

you're a vicious man brettig

------------------
Salome

somehow i dont think that will work betty
no dont lay a hand on my gorgeous Mark thank you

im still waiting for him to realize his girlfriend is an old woman and he should date someone younger

Toey Donald fit for next challenge

By TREVOR MARSHALLSEA
ADELAIDE
Wednesday 12 December 2001

South African paceman Allan Donald has declared himself fit to undertake the major remaining challenge of his distinguished career - playing in a series win over Australia - when the tussle to decide the world's best team starts here on Friday.

Donald has been in some doubt for the match after struggling through South Africa's only first-class lead-up, against Western Australia, with a problem toe.

The 35-year-old will be anxiously checking his mail at the team hotel tomorrow, when his favourite old boots are due to arrive from South Africa to replace the new ones that contributed to bruising and a laceration under his left big toe in Perth.

But even if the boots do not arrive, Donald, who has not played a Test since damaging stomach muscles in the West Indies in April, says he is fit, focused and raring to bowl as South Africa chases its first series win over Australia in the four played since its readmission to international cricket in 1992.

"All this hype about the toe and the boot is a load of rubbish, to be honest," said the man whose 325 Test wickets rank him the most successful South African bowler.

"I'm just looking to getting on the park hopefully on Friday. There's plaster and things that need to be taken care of, but I'm fine at the moment. I'd love to play."

Donald has struggled through the past two years with a series of minor injuries, and wearily joked yesterday that he had considered retirement "about 46 times" in that period.

But the prospect of defeating Australia has been one of his main sources of motivation, and he now believes that after 25 overs against WA in Perth he is physically as well as mentally fit to chase his dream.

"I'm very happy that my hunger hasn't deserted me. I feel I'm more focused and up for the challenge than I have been for a number of seasons," he said.

"It's fair to say I've had a bit of a shocker in the last two years. I've had illnesses and a lot of bad luck to go with that as well. A lot of things have kept me out of the game.

"But I've spent the last month working really hard on my fitness and strength. I haven't had a lot of cricket but ... I think I can last a Test match, no problem. I'm nearly there. The confidence to go into a Test match here against the Aussies at the Adelaide Oval is a different thing, but I've always backed myself and backed my ability.

"You do get motivated playing against the Aussies, with Glenn McGrath, Jason Gillespie and Brett Lee. You set yourself goals, try to stay with the pack, at pace."

Opening batsman Herschelle Gibbs also said he would be fit for Friday despite not batting in South Africa's second innings in Perth due to a groin strain. While the in-form Gibbs is a certain choice, South African selectors are left with the task of picking two pacemen from Donald, Makhaya Ntini, Nantie Hayward and Steve Elworthy.

Donald concedes that the days of "running in and just blasting people out" are now over for him, and that as with Dennis Lillee in his latter, slower years for Australia, he has different strengths to offer. "I've had to make one or two adjustments to get the maximum out of my bowling now," said Donald, who is still working on ensuring he hits the right "areas" of the pitch.

"I think I'm still bowling sharpish, and the only thing that lacks a bit at the moment is the areas. Against the Aussies you're going to have to bowl quality areas all the time.

"That's the only thing for me at the moment - it's coming out quite sweetly, there's just the odd ball that you can give away four, and that breaks a good spell or a good over.

"I'm confident enough and I'd back myself to do a job for Shaun (Pollock) and South Africa, and I'm looking forward to it.

"The guys know inside that they can compete with the best there is. We've done that in the last year or two. I think the side is a well-rounded team right now and I think they're looking forward to this challenge, and I think we all believe that we can win."

-------------------------------

good bowler that guy...

[This message has been edited by brettig (edited 12-11-2001).]

if Pollock ans Donald are in form then this will be a great one

------------------
Salome

hehe, not bad batting by Warne and Lee

what was up with Pollock during the first innings?

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 12-15-2001).]

Originally posted by brettig:
I think the aussies are trying very hard to not give him wickets...
interesting tactics
tongue.gif

another good day of play
I'm fearing a draw though

------------------
Salome

Day 4

Australia 7/309 Declared

Hayden 131
M. Waugh 74
Ponting 25

South Africa 2/17 (chasing 375 to win)

McGrath 1/6
Warne 1/8

ooooh, early wickets
smile.gif

that will be a very interesting last day

------------------
Salome

a trashing in the 2nd innings

woohoo!!!

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by Salome:
mmm, it almost looks like Steve Waugh has no teeth

that's cos he really wants to be a hockey player. he's working on the image! teehehe

*slinks guiltily out of the thread*

is guiltily a word?
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
holy shit!
the loser with the sunglasses on is a U2 fan!!
its true, i bumped into him in London. Walked right into the nerd! he was wearing a bandana on his fat head then too.

DOnt tell me hes an interland member? God, aint we got enough egos around here?

The captain is in fact Bono, and vice versa. At least according to U2log.com, and they would never lie. Would they?

I'm still waiting for my preordered Plastic Promo Band...

Back
Top Bottom