The Fly Suit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:

true. you know, this whole thing was your idea and you might have gotten us all banned :madspit:

but it was a great joke

If they're gonna ban us for that, then what the fuck would we want to even be here for??

Axver said:
Retraction of Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver, Varitek, coolian2

Who else is still around and signing this?

You might want to put PFan's name there.

Axver said:

We feel bad that this was believed for so long and that people have taken offence to an innocent joke. We plotted this in the open in recently active threads all over the forum, and we thought that various clues like Liechtenstein coming up on Google as being double-landlocked, the fact that it was 3am there, in an art museum, and the Save the Whalers charity would be obvious clues. Furthermore the setlist, while fabulous (thanks for the compliments), was full of clues that it was fake from the very beginning when 11OTT and UF were played, to the obvious Flower Child. Also, Axver started the thread but U2VT and all other notable U2 setlist and news websites were silent. We didn't mean to waste anyone's time and we figured we'd give people a good laugh after about 3 pages of the thread and then we'd be left to rock out to a very awesome playlist.

Signed,
Axver, Varitek, coolian2

Done.

Axver said:

Signed,
Axver, Varitek, coolian2

Aside from the spelling mistakes you added, it is good.

Maybe after signed say "(We think the others went to bed)"

Axver said:

Signed,
Axver, Varitek, coolian2, The Tourist (who came up with the idea)

I added my two cents.

Axver said:

Just want to be on the safe side, really.

Do you (and everyone else) approve of my addition (of my name and the fact that it was my idea)?

I think the mods have more of a sense of humour than a handful of idiots.

Hell, Cori picked up on it in about 2 seconds without a song being posted. How we could get past Flower Child and people are still being fooled isn't our fault. We left more than enough hints around anyway.

kingofsorrow said:
hey, i got fooled. then i cried. you don't see me bitching? frag off if you can't enjoy a joke. perhaps you would prefer threads that go on and on bashing an album, era or u2 sound?
what did 90's u2 teach us? learn to laugh at yourselves or everyone will do it for you.

:love:

the tourist said:

Do you (and everyone else) approve of my addition (of my name and the fact that it was my idea)?

of course. if i were you i might just not say anything and hope that my lack of participation would excuse me from target practice, but go for it.

the tourist said:

Yes, I've put it into the copy I'm ready to post. I've also identified myself as the "lead setlist designer".

Axver said:

Yes, I've put it into the copy I'm ready to post. I've also identified myself as the "lead setlist designer".

oooh i want a job. actually maybe not.

post it.

in a new thread plus the other 2 with links to the new thread.

damage. control.

Varitek said:

of course. if i were you i might just not say anything and hope that my lack of participation would excuse me from target practice, but go for it.

I take responsibility for my children, though.

Varitek said:

:lmao:

you can't sign it though we need you as a (geuine, which you are) outside voice of reason

Fair enough. It's more fun not being directly involved, really. :yes:

Varitek said:
post it.

in a new thread plus the other 2 with links to the new thread.

damage. control.

Going ahead as soon as I'm un-45ed from this. 2 though? The original and ... mofo82's over-reaction, you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom