The All New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There WILL be a rim!

ea9592.jpg

Don't be too hopeful for the green ones, though!

But they will be available in orange, at least.

Model no. EA 9592.

YESSS!!!!

How do you know they will be avail in Orange? Those are pink..

Otticalook say they are available in 3 colours:

Emporio Armani 9592 006
Col. lenses: DARK GREY
Col. frame: Black

Emporio Armani 9592 011
Col. lenses: Orange
Col. frame: Palladium

Emporio Armani 9592 3YG
Col. lenses: Brown
Col. frame: Gold

Maybe the Orange ones appear pink in that image?

I'm confused about the whole rim/rimless versions. I thought the rim was referring to the shiny "bar" on top of the lens in some versions. However, the picture stating there will be a rim does not have this. What am I missing?

Agreed with Charleswise, no rim on this picture, what you might think is a rim is just the width of the lens, a rim could be seen on the front and here clearly it's not.

Well actually I prefer them rimless so I'm kinda happy but I feel sorry for people who wanted them like that...

Still there are the 9477 which have a rim and are close to this model. Plus they exist in green.

9477-vgq-01.jpg

I'm confused about the whole rim/rimless versions. I thought the rim was referring to the shiny "bar" on top of the lens in some versions. However, the picture stating there will be a rim does not have this. What am I missing?

Hey lads.

I'm a little confused, myself, by now.

The mail I recieved said quote: Questi modelli (EA 9592/S) sono caratterizzati da una montatura rettangolare in metallo, ampia e avvolgente...

My suggested translation would be somethin like this: "These models (EA 9592/S) have a characteristic rectangular metal frame, ..."

But maybe there's someone else out there who knows better...?

It's quite obvious that the picture I posted shows no frame, indeed.

At first glance, I mistook the bright top of the lenses for a reflection on a metal bar. My fault.

So it actually looks like there will be NO rim...which would suck big style.

...I thought of a word, here, I will feel ashamed of, in days to come...

Sorry if I misled anyone. Sorry gabe in particular. See, I was really hopin for the rim, too.

I don't believe otticalook has listed every colour available. If my memory serves me right, they didn't list every colour on their website, when the 9852s came out,
which made some people believe that there was a policy of adding colours to the catalogue, which in fact was never the case!

Every EA model of recent date was available in at least 6 colours. So I'm still hopin that there will be more colours.

But for now, we can only guess.

So do I.

However I'm not sure whether the 9592s will feature a rim or not. Judging by the pic they will not.

I guess we have to wait and wonder

I'm gonna be honest. I don't like the star and I don't like the no rims.

So I'll buy whatever one he wears the most on stage, and the rest? I'm going 9477 with the traditional EA logo. Those are smokin.

I'm gonna be honest. I don't like the star and I don't like the no rims.

So I'll buy whatever one he wears the most on stage, and the rest? I'm going 9477 with the traditional EA logo. Those are smokin.

Personally, I just don't like them period. But that's just me.

Are the 9285 still available? I found them on a bunch of auction sites, but I mean on a good website I can surely trust?

They should be cheaper now right? Now they're 4 years old and such? Perhaps I'll go for the avio smoke or the green ones..

Well 100$ is 77 euros, that's roughly 30-40 euros cheaper than when they just got out, so I wouldn't mind that price. If only they had blue ones I'd instantly buy them! :grumpy:

I just saw these browsing for shades:
Emporio Armani EA 9248-S PPG-UA 2009 Zonnebrillen

They're blue, they got a rim, less HUGE star on it. :hmm:

:uhoh: Another site just had this with the older Armani's
This product is discontinued by the manufacturer and is unavailable.
Check other colours in this model range or ask us for more details/options

Perhaps it's time for a trip to the Armani store soon!

There are some Mikli 3214 on eBay right now...........

That are FAKE

From Japan marked "Hiroyuki". Guy says they are from Mikli Tokyo office, he has sold multiples already of this blue pair.

Also I've owned two pairs and there is no freakin' way that the arms bend in the back like that! Neither pair I owned were like that.

Man upon closer inspection of the pics he has, they don't even say "Mikli" inside of the arms.

The 2 pairs I owned clearly said "alain mikli paris"

This one says "alain mikii paris"

:doh:

There are some Mikli 3214 on eBay right now...........

That are FAKE

From Japan marked "Hiroyuki". Guy says they are from Mikli Tokyo office, he has sold multiples already of this blue pair.

Also I've owned two pairs and there is no freakin' way that the arms bend in the back like that! Neither pair I owned were like that.

I think that is the third or fouth pair that guy has had on ebay as well. I'm pretty sure he had 2 pair abou6-9 months ago, abruptly ended the auctions, and has had 2 or 3 pair for sale in 2009.

Well 100$ is 77 euros, that's roughly 30-40 euros cheaper than when they just got out, so I wouldn't mind that price. If only they had blue ones I'd instantly buy them! :grumpy:

I just saw these browsing for shades:
Emporio Armani EA 9248-S PPG-UA 2009 Zonnebrillen

They're blue, they got a rim, less HUGE star on it. :hmm:

:uhoh: Another site just had this with the older Armani's

Perhaps it's time for a trip to the Armani store soon!

:angry:

How dare they be sold out!! :grumpy:

I think that is the third or fouth pair that guy has had on ebay as well. I'm pretty sure he had 2 pair abou6-9 months ago, abruptly ended the auctions, and has had 2 or 3 pair for sale in 2009.

Yeah something is up.......It's too odd that this guy has a seemingly never ending supply of the same color. Also the arms ae wrong and etchings are weird....

I'd say wait 'til September when they actually release them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom