ZooRadio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jezebel

War Child
I just discovered this gem in my **ahem** old cassette tapes....

Anybody else have this recording?

I recorded it off the old time satellite radio from Vancouver, BC Nov 1993, I think.

"There are many, many levels to ZooTV, this is the lowest"

:lol: :lol:

I have a bootleg CD called Outside Broadcast that has all of the radio style bumpers (or whatever you want to call them) and interviews. It's the best bootleg I've ever owned. I quick google search and I located the mp3s of this CD available on a blog in case you're interested.

I've heard of the Outside Broadcast but I think this is different.

There are bits of interviews with the band in between songs, plus some really goofy things....like this old time sounding film bit about the reproductive life of the fly (even with sounds of the film breaking) before The Fly starts playing (of course).

Thanks for the heads up though :up:

I have a bootleg CD called Outside Broadcast that has all of the radio style bumpers (or whatever you want to call them) and interviews. It's the best bootleg I've ever owned. I quick google search and I located the mp3s of this CD available on a blog in case you're interested.

That's exactly how I got it. It's awesome!

It was excellent. ZOO TV was so well done, all different kinds of media manipulation, documentaries here and there, radio shows, brilliant times.
ZOO Radio was fantastic, still got my tape of it somewhere too.

I listened to the tape in full last night.

It was actually called The Final Broadcast, but they kept referring to it as ZooRadio throughout the recording.

ZzzzzzzooooooooRadio

BP (Fallon?): What's the best thing about rock n roll, Larry Mullen Jr?

LM: Excess.

BP: What's the worse thing about rock n roll, Larry Mullen Jr?

LM: Excess.

BP: What is ZooTV, Larry Mullen Jr?

LM: Expensive.

BP: What is ZooRadio, Larry Mullen Jr?

LM: Cheap.

BP: So, Adam, was early U2 dreadful?

AC: I think dreadful would be a compliment.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard of the Outside Broadcast but I think this is different.

There are bits of interviews with the band in between songs, plus some really goofy things....like this old time sounding film bit about the reproductive life of the fly (even with sounds of the film breaking) before The Fly starts playing (of course).

Thanks for the heads up though :up:

Outside Broadcast is the same thing you're referring to. There are bits in between the songs (including the part you mentioned with The Fly) as well as interviews, etc. BP Fallon produced the bits. It's probably under a different name because Outside Broadcast is a bootleg. If it's not exactly the same, it's got to be very close. PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

At the present moment I am adding to my collection a few Cds containing some interviews for all of U2´s tour era radio interviews.
Example...
U2 - Boy Tour radio interviews
U2 - October Tour radio interviews
U2 - War Tour radio interviews
etc,
Etc,

These are available for download at...
U2 Interview Archive? A history of U2 audio interviews

The Zoo_Radio interviews are here...
U2 Interview Archive ? (1991-1994) Achtung-Zooropa
-- Zoo Radio Transmit (5 parts)
A most EXCELLENT radio mix

ALSO look for POP mart era Tour radio show...
U2 Interview Archive ? (1995-1999) Original Sound-Pop
-- KROQ U2 PopMart Invasion (3 parts)

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom