Worst U2 covers of all time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aleh_Hewson

War Child
First: Is this the right place?

Second: Didn't find any similar thread

Third: Let's post the worst U2 covers of all the time? I have a local band who sings "forró", and the manager is a U2 fan, so everytime they have a tour, they just copy U2 tour's concepts... They copied everytime, since Elevation. Even the 360º.

I present you:

An amazing version of TUF:

FIQUE AMOR - CALCINHA PRETA (Berg Rabelo) - YouTube

And the best One of all time:

único amor - YouTube

The amazing 360º show

img-calcinha-preta-360-22.jpg

There are no good U2 covers. They all suck. Every. Single. One.

Well, maybe not the version of One REM did that one time. But pretty much everything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I don't like the idea of purposely targeting people's creative mix on something like this.

Some of them might be bad, but I mean unless they're objectively performed poorly in a serious environment (aka butchered by a professional), I don't think it's really that fair.

That first link posted was interesting. Weird. But I wouldn't call it bad. It's one's own creative imagination on the song. I personally promote it.

I've not heard them all, of course, but I haven't heard one that I like yet. It just never seems right... I guess because I'm bias. I can be honest about that! :lol:

On the other side of the coin, I'm not a huge fan of U2 doing covers of others songs either! I do like Paint it Black, though...

Not to derail this thread but I heard somewhere that Chris Cornell covered the lyrics of Metallica's One over U2's melody of One - pretty f***ing awesome if I do say so myself.

There are no good U2 covers. They all suck. Every. Single. One.

Well, maybe not the version of One REM did that one time. But pretty much everything else.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I happen to think that several of the Achtung Baby covers from 2011 are really good, namely Wild Horses, Ultraviolet, TTTYAATW, and Love Is Blindness. But U2 are a hard band to cover, generally.

Snow Patrol's cover of Mysterious Ways may be among the worst recordings of anything ever.

Depeche Mode & Jack White were my absolute favorites of all the Achtung Baby covers. :drool:

Other than those, I haven't really listened to covers of other U2 songs, as far as my memory goes.

:rolleyes:

Whatever, I just didn't strip off my panties and worship at the altar of Lord Jack White lol.

I did quite enjoy Depeche Mode's cover tho..

What does make your panties come off?

:wink:

Re. the AB tribute: despite how much I admire Trent Reznor, his version of 'Zoo Station' is meaningless. I mean, it's soporific. That piece needs the dirt, needs the irony, needs the industrial noise, the clangor of something that's about to happen. I mean, Berlin...; his version is chamomile (sorry, since, again, I admire him).

I know that NO ONE will agree with me here, but since I have a weakness for that redhead named Shirley, whatever she sings, and don't mind Garbage's production, I enjoyed 'Wild Horses'. Nothing major though.

The rest, I don't remember much. I found the fact Gavin Friday did 'The Fly' funny though. It was curious to hear.
And great about Patti paying respect to the f'n album, but not my cup of tea...

I happen to think that several of the Achtung Baby covers from 2011 are really good, namely Wild Horses, Ultraviolet, TTTYAATW, and Love Is Blindness. But U2 are a hard band to cover, generally.

Oh, didn't read your post digitize! :)

I feel less alone, because everywhere I read criticism about the Garbage's version.

Back
Top Bottom