Wich U2 songs got those moments - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-06-2009, 03:17 AM   #1
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,858
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Wich U2 songs got those four members connection moments

It can be just a oen second guitar note, a symphony, drum loop...

My list is:

White As Snow
When Bono start singing "And the water, it was icy"... an great atmosphere starts, great symphony and guitar playing

Gone
The overflow of sound in the end of the song is amazing.

"Lemon"
The end of the album version with the synth symphony sounds.

MOS
The guitar solo in the end of the song and the atmosphere in the song

One
The falsetto in the end of the song

OOTS
The end of the song

Pride
The end of the song with the powerful chours

UF
The atmosphere in the song

MOTD
The atmosphere in the song

WOWY
The atmosphere in the song

RTSS
The atmosphere in the song

Acrobat
The atmosphere in the song

LIB
The atmosphere in the song

WTSHNN
The beginning and the drums in the second chours

NLOTH
The atmosphere in the song and Bonos voice
__________________

Peterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #2
War Child
 
Popmart Shopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bay Area,California
Posts: 502
Local Time: 11:01 PM
Yes I would agree with your list.Also Magnificent when the long intro builds up and Unknown Caller before the guitar solo.
__________________

Popmart Shopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:28 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict
 
The Sad Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: VEGA INTL NITE SKOOL
Posts: 28,702
Local Time: 03:31 PM
Desert Of Our Love
"ALROIGHT!", the atmosphere in the song.
The Sad Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:36 AM   #4
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 66,435
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Elvis Ate America
The enthusiasm in the song

Mercy
The nonexistence of the song

Red Hill Mining Town
The canaries in the song
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:50 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,041
Local Time: 05:01 PM
for WAS, id have mentioned they way B sings the line "To sleep the night shooting out the stars"
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 AM   #6
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,858
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
for WAS, id have mentioned they way B sings the line "To sleep the night shooting out the stars"
The "Sleep" and "Night" notes are pretty high Any notespecialist here that figure out how high these are, don't know about the "Sleep", but the "Night"sounds a bit like an A?
Peterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
New Yorker
 
Tyagu_Anaykus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Naked on the Beach
Posts: 2,820
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
for WAS, id have mentioned they way B sings the line "To sleep the night shooting out the stars"
Fack, what a great delivery by BONO
Tyagu_Anaykus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:26 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,041
Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrrr View Post
The "Sleep" and "Night" notes are pretty high Any notespecialist here that figure out how high these are, don't know about the "Sleep", but the "Night"sounds a bit like an A?
I think the Sleep is an A, so he'd be pushing a B I feel. Think of the high bits in the verse of ISHFWILF. "NIIIIIIIIIGHT and the IIIIIIIIIII have climbed the HIIIIIIIIGHest mountains" he hits all of the I sounds with a B in SHF. Wouldn't be suprised if he gets there on WAS.
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:23 AM   #9
Refugee
 
kingofsorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: C.E.O. of the international men of leisure
Posts: 2,179
Local Time: 01:01 AM
kingofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:33 AM   #10
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,858
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
I think the Sleep is an A, so he'd be pushing a B I feel. Think of the high bits in the verse of ISHFWILF. "NIIIIIIIIIGHT and the IIIIIIIIIII have climbed the HIIIIIIIIGHest mountains" he hits all of the I sounds with a B in SHF. Wouldn't be suprised if he gets there on WAS.
Thanks! Another intressting note is on IGCIIDGCT:

"Listen for me, I’ll be SHOUUUUUTING"

Would have been great if Bono had contnuine to hold the shouting note(the "EEEEN" bit of the note) a bit more and gone one step higher. Sounds to me like he is very near to go up the high C?
All of you have to listen to the last note(EEEEEEN) in the word SHOUTING He sound like UF Bono, very young in the sound.
Peterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:19 AM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Rob33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,420
Local Time: 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrrr View Post
The "Sleep" and "Night" notes are pretty high Any notespecialist here that figure out how high these are, don't know about the "Sleep", but the "Night"sounds a bit like an A?
Sometimes I get the impression all you care about is what note he hits, Peterrrr....the way he sings a particular note is a pretty significant thing too...Bono has always been hitting incredible notes, of course, but more often than not, I'm actually more impressed by how he sings a particular note, whether it be high or low, rather than what note he's hitting...the former is a much more interesting thing for me
Rob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:06 AM   #12
New Yorker
 
Peterrrrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Örebro in Sweden
Posts: 2,858
Local Time: 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
Sometimes I get the impression all you care about is what note he hits, Peterrrr....the way he sings a particular note is a pretty significant thing too...Bono has always been hitting incredible notes, of course, but more often than not, I'm actually more impressed by how he sings a particular note, whether it be high or low, rather than what note he's hitting...the former is a much more interesting thing for me
Ofcourse the sound he has and how he hits it is the most important thing But it is also intressting to know how high it is. Im collecting the information to my website
Peterrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #13
Refugee
 
zooropop40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Interference is called Interference because it interferes on my ability to live a normal life...
Posts: 1,583
Local Time: 01:01 AM
the part when the guitar strings start up near the end of Lady with the spinning head (extended dance mix)
zooropop40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 PM   #14
Refugee
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,593
Local Time: 02:01 AM
After the 1st minute of God Part II when the drum part and the "explosion" into THEE guitar riff.

bigjohn2441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life
 
dan_smee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 13,041
Local Time: 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterrrrr View Post
Thanks! Another intressting note is on IGCIIDGCT:

"Listen for me, I’ll be SHOUUUUUTING"

Would have been great if Bono had contnuine to hold the shouting note(the "EEEEN" bit of the note) a bit more and gone one step higher. Sounds to me like he is very near to go up the high C?
All of you have to listen to the last note(EEEEEEN) in the word SHOUTING He sound like UF Bono, very young in the sound.
I would be suprised if that was higher than a G. It's definately a few steps below WAS. Volume + intensity does not = pitch. He reallys screams the note, but it's much lower. I think the SHOOOOUT is actually an F, next note in key would be a G, so a G would be as high as it goes.

Again, I could be totally off because I am doing this from memory while at work
__________________

dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com