What U2 NEEDS to do for their new album!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If youre looking for big, elongated guitar solo's, U2 is not the band for you.

I've been listening to them since I was 2 years old in 1987.

I'm not saying he should do a 10 minute wank-fest, but I think it would be a nice change for once to have him show off a little and do something he's never really done on an album before.

It's gotta be better than playing the same 4 notes over and over again on a supposed "rock" song.

Most of Edge's best guitar solos were later added when played live. WOWY, Bullet, Love is Blindness, Dirty Day, LNOE, Mofo, Kite (2006 versions), Watchtower (yes I know, but the Lovetown tour versions featured a fantastic guitar solo). Just once, I wish he'd include an epic guitar solo like that on an album that takes you on a journey. That solo he tacked onto the end of Kite really takes the song to new heights, for example.

Most of those (except for maybe Bullet and Watchtower) are mostly the same notes over and over again and most novice guitar players could play them. I prefer the live God Part 2, One Tree Hill (12/26/89), and the lovetown Desire extended solos.

I'd like to see something on the album that shows a little more skill.

Imagine if U2 pulled a Queen like their 3rd album Sheer Heart Attack and made the first song (Brighton Rock) one that was pretty much a 5 minute guitar solo (with a couple verses at the beginning and end). NO WAY they'd have the balls to do that, but it would be AMAZING.

Something Mr. Garrison does when you aren't around.

Edit: Ask MrPryck2U, he should know also.

Whatever's on this album is likely already there, at least to the 95% point, I'd imagine. What's done is done. Whatever they NEED to do doesn't matter at this point, only what they did.. Whatever that may be. I guess we can fax over our recommendations for the next, next album after we give this one a listen.

A song with Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus.

No.

Miley isn't so bad. I used to watch Hannah Montana with my ex's kids and the kid is pretty talented. I couldn't see a Bono/Miley duet just yet, but maybe in a few years when the girl finds her way. I'd rather see Bono/U2 work with Gaga or Christina instead.

As for Bieber, he's having too much fun standing behind his bodyguards and counting his money. Shit, who wouldn't? :wink:

I'd like to see Bono/U2 work with Timberlake, though.

Miley isn't so bad. I used to watch Hannah Montana with my ex's kids and the kid is pretty talented. I couldn't see a Bono/Miley duet just yet, but maybe in a few years when the girl finds her way. I'd rather see Bono/U2 work with Gaga or Christina instead. As for Bieber, he's having too much fun standing behind his bodyguards and counting his money. Shit, who wouldn't? :wink: I'd like to see Bono/U2 work with Timberlake, though.

She isn't, really. I watched all the time with my little sister as well (actually, I really liked those Disney series, like Hannah Montana, Lizzie McGuire and etc), and her new album isn't bad at all (Wrecking Ball is pretty good, IMHO).

But I imagine Bono twerking.

And I remember, when went to see Bieber's movie (with my sister again), he talked something about U2.

Everytime I see something about "duets" etc, I remember Stranded (for Haiti, I HATED THAT SONG) and One with Mary J. (I HATED AS WELL).

I could be worse, although. Just imagine Bono and Kanye West.... Urgh.

She isn't, really. I watched all the time with my little sister as well (actually, I really liked those Disney series, like Hannah Montana, Lizzie McGuire and etc), and her new album isn't bad at all (Wrecking Ball is pretty good, IMHO).

But I imagine Bono twerking.

And I remember, when went to see Bieber's movie (with my sister again), he talked something about U2.

Everytime I see something about "duets" etc, I remember Stranded (for Haiti, I HATED THAT SONG) and One with Mary J. (I HATED AS WELL).

I could be worse, although. Just imagine Bono and Kanye West.... Urgh.

I think Bono is barred from twerking for insurance purposes. I can actually imagine Bono/Kanye, but I wouldn't want it to happen. Kanye is just too much of a dick. At least Will I Am is a decent dude. :wink:

I have been a member of this site since last year but as you can see I only posted my first post recently. I am glad it sparked discussion. I appreciate it was a bit of a ramble :hmm:
I think that since I have bought pretty all of U2's albums and singles and spent a lot more money on going to see them and that is a discussion forum about them I am entitled to say what I want to hear from them. They have made some great music over the last few years but it has been a bit boring. I guess, in summary, what I want them to do is be more exciting. Maybe not in their music but maybe in their image. Exactly what - I dunno. By the way nobody wants to see Bono twerking haha:happydance::happydance:

I think their image is pretty much set. At their age, any sudden shifts seems dodgy - like the initial NLOTH guy-liner forays. I don't Edge is set to give up his all-stars anytime soon.

Really don't want to see them court the young and disposable at this point.

I have been a member of this site since last year but as you can see I only posted my first post recently. I am glad it sparked discussion. I appreciate it was a bit of a ramble :hmm:
I think that since I have bought pretty all of U2's albums and singles and spent a lot more money on going to see them and that is a discussion forum about them I am entitled to say what I want to hear from them. They have made some great music over the last few years but it has been a bit boring. I guess, in summary, what I want them to do is be more exciting. Maybe not in their music but maybe in their image. Exactly what - I dunno. By the way nobody wants to see Bono twerking haha:happydance::happydance:

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, but when your thread is titled "What U2 NEEDS to do for their new album!", inevitably things are going to go awry. Perhaps you should have been more diplomatic in your approach and said something along the lines of "possible suggestions for U2's new album". As a fan, you should know by now that U2 doesn't "need" to do anything. Especially since you're saying that they pretty much need to not be U2. Obviously, you know that U2 aren't the same band that they were back in 1980. They ain't no punk band, that's for sure.

Maybe they should just embrace old age. When Pink Floyd played at Live 8, none of them had dyed hair or leather pants or any of that nonsense. They set up their stall as "This is us. We're old, we're here to play our music, take it or leave it". And the younglins in the crowd were fucking lapping it up. It'd be kinda refreshing if Bono ditched the hairplugs and stopped trying to look 28 again, wouldn't it?

Maybe they should just embrace old age. When Pink Floyd played at Live 8, none of them had dyed hair or leather pants or any of that nonsense. They set up their stall as "This is us. We're old, we're here to play our music, take it or leave it". And the younglins in the crowd were fucking lapping it up. It'd be kinda refreshing if Bono ditched the hairplugs and stopped trying to look 28 again, wouldn't it?

Shouldn't you have put the appropriate :wink: in there somewhere? Have you seen Adam Clayton lately? Like in the last 15 years? Or Edge and his baldness since the 1990's? Bono hasn't looked 28 since, well.. 1988. Floyd have been around a lot longer than U2. They better embrace their old age. Plenty of lead singers who dye their hair. Wasn't aware Bono had hair plugs. :huh:

Anyone has the right to speak their mind here, but buying tickets and albums don't entitle you to anything, except listening to that music or enjoying that concert...

Anyone has the right to speak their mind here, but buying tickets and albums don't entitle you to anything, except listening to that music or enjoying that concert...

No you're sooo wrong. I obviously didn't voluntarily choose to buy their stuff, so they're forcing me thus I have a say in what they're going to do next! :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom