Vote for U2 at NASA Shuttle Wakeup Song Contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
https://songcontest.nasa.gov/top40.aspx

Beautiful Day is one of the Top 40 past space shuttle wakeup songs up for vote at the above NASA link. The top 2 songs receiving votes will be played during the next space shuttle mission in November. Beautiful Day is currently in 3rd place behind "Countdown" by Rush and the Star Trek theme song. At last check Beautiful Day was within 10 votes of 2nd place.

I wonder why Space Oddity wasn't nominated.

These are songs that have already been played as wakeup songs on previous shuttle missions. I'm also surprised Bowie's Space Oddity isn't on that list. Or Peter Schilling's Major Tom (I'm Coming Home).

Trekkies must be stuffing the ballot box. Star Trek theme is pulling away at #2.

These are songs that have already been played as wakeup songs on previous shuttle missions. I'm also surprised Bowie's Space Oddity isn't on that list. Or Peter Schilling's Major Tom (I'm Coming Home).

Ashes to Ashes would be hilarious.

Speaking of U2 and NASA, anybody seen this yet?

NASA - Multimedia - Video Gallery

NASA and U2 released a commemorative video highlighting a year's worth of collaboration in space and on the Irish rock band's 360 Degree tour. U2 approached NASA in 2009 with an idea to include a dialogue between the band and the crew of the International Space Station during U2's world tour.

Trekkies must be stuffing the ballot box. Star Trek theme is pulling away at #2.
Yes, because as an astronaut, hurtling around the globe in a tinfoil and glass enclosure, I want to wake up to a song about an astronaut losing contact with Mission Control, never getting to see his wife ever again, and most likely asphyxiating.

Back
Top Bottom