Videos of U2 appearances on Saturday Night Live

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
U2 has appeared as a musical guest on the show three times.

I'm looking for links to videos of their first appearance, in 2000, and their second appearance in 2004.

Anybody available to help me out?

They used to have the 2004 show on Youtube. They played I Will Follow over the credits then went to play All Because of You but were cut off. I remember seeing it on youtube at the start of the year but was removed because NBC are assholes. And even then it wasn't called 'U2 on SNL' because then it would have tipped off NBC. One day I just came across it and saved it into my favourites. Maybe one day it will show up again.

I have these performances, but yeah it's no use loading them to you tube because they just get pulled down. Would you like to download them? I could upload them to send space or somewhere you like. Some of these are older copied files, not pristine by any means. But some are pretty nice. I also need to find them all, but off hand I have found these performances at first quick look.

Elevation 2000
Beautiful Day 2000

I Will Follow 2004
Vertigo 2004
Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own 2004

Are there more? I can't remember right now but if so I probably have them and can search for them.

I think that's all. :giggle: IWF was the final performance shown on tv, with Bono giving a lapdance to the lady in the crowd. Apparently she was a big U2 fan and someone of the crew told Bono.

I'd really like to see that Moment of Surrender performance again with Bono's improvised rap.

Back
Top Bottom