U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope for In A Little While, because it's one of my favorite U2 songs. :heart:

:)whistle: ...not because of the rage-a-thon it would cause around here. :shifty:)

I actually like the song, thought it was a highlight on the Elevation tour. But I did not think it worked on 360. If it is on the disc it would not bother me, but I wont be excited about it either. It would be better than yet another version of I Will Follow or Pride though. :)

No. You have it backwards. They haven't said or done anything to indicate that it's the runners up. There is No/zero/nil reason to think it would be the runners up. Could it be? Sure. We have no reason to think it is.

It might be all the remaining tracks. It might be a disc worth of ones they want to share. It might be the runners up. It could feature the least popular 6 tracks. But you're making an unsupported leap to say its the runners up. You're basing it on nothing.

My guess is it will be a disc of whatever tracks they want us to have.

This is a stupid argument because it is 50/50 either way at this point. Your "guess" is that voting will not have anything to do with it. But your post made it sound like there was no way it could be based on the voting. I was responding to that emphatic proclaimation that sounded like it was a certainty. I'm "guessing" voting will be a part of it at least. There is also no reason to think that it wont at this point. :shrug:

My hope is the same as yours, that it would be all that is left. But I doubt it, that would be a 2 disc 24 song set. Longer than U22, they most likely wont do that. The best case scenario would be a 2 disc set 22 songs. I'm very doubtful of that also. Most likely is a one disc set of between 8-12 songs. What those songs will be is anyones "guess" at this point.

Just for fun I made a possible tracklist for a 1CD version of the remaining tracks. I wanted to limit it to 12 songs, but somehow these 13 seems most logical to me. This is not completely my personal wishlist (as those would include many of the rarities), but just a thought of what would still be a selection accurately representing the U2360 Tour.

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. I Will Follow
5. Angel Of Harlem *
6. In A Little While
7. Vertigo
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Scarlet
11. Pride
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
13. "40"

(* This one can be substituted with Desire)

You are probably not far off with this guess. I do not know about Angel or Scarlet though. The rest you list have a VERY good shot of being on the disc IMO. No Line and Breathe would be the part of this disc I would enjoy greatly. The rest would kind of be meh to me. But it is better than nothing. I'm surprised U2.com is even giving (letting us pay) for more. It is a good sign for future fan club releases hopefully.

I went to 14 and saw it 7 times. :crack:

I never saw it at one of the shows I went to either. Even if you go to, say, 10-20 shows on the tour, there's plenty of songs they perform at most of those shows too. Where's the hate for Streets of WOWY?! :lol:

Granted, those were two huge singles that made many people on here a fan, but still...

Just for fun I made a possible tracklist for a 1CD version of the remaining tracks. I wanted to limit it to 12 songs, but somehow these 13 seems most logical to me. This is not completely my personal wishlist (as those would include many of the rarities), but just a thought of what would still be a selection accurately representing the U2360 Tour.

1. Breathe
2. No Line On The Horizon
3. Get On Your Boots
4. I Will Follow
5. Angel Of Harlem *
6. In A Little While
7. Vertigo
8. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday
10. Scarlet
11. Pride
12. Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
13. "40"

(* This one can be substituted with Desire)

Not a bad guess at all.

My hope is the same as yours, that it would be all that is left. But I doubt it, that would be a 2 disc 24 song set. Longer than U22, they most likely wont do that. The best case scenario would be a 2 disc set 22 songs. I'm very doubtful of that also. Most likely is a one disc set of between 8-12 songs. What those songs will be is anyones "guess" at this point.

Have all the album gifts from the fan club in recent years been two-disc ones? It could be too that the book IS the gift and the songs are just a bonus, but I guess we won't know much more until October.

Still gives us reason to speculate though!

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm bored with WOWY as well.

Streets though? Never. No frickin' way. I'll NEVER get tired of that.

I actually like the song, thought it was a highlight on the Elevation tour. But I did not think it worked on 360. If it is on the disc it would not bother me, but I wont be excited about it either. It would be better than yet another version of I Will Follow or Pride though. :)

:up:

It really is a favorite of mine, but yeah my post was mostly kidding around because of the irrational hate that song seemed to inspire here during the tour. I don't know why! Guess I'm just lucky that I enjoyed it on 360. :)

Have all the album gifts from the fan club in recent years been two-disc ones?

No. About half of the time sometimes are two-CD sets (Zoo TV Live, U2 Go Home, Medium, U22), sometimes it's just one disc (U2.Communication (though that one did have a 2nd CD-ROM disc), Artificial Horizon, Duals).

This is a stupid argument because it is 50/50 either way at this point. Your "guess" is that voting will not have anything to do with it. But your post made it sound like there was no way it could be based on the voting. I was responding to that emphatic proclaimation that sounded like it was a certainty. I'm "guessing" voting will be a part of it at least. There is also no reason to think that it wont at this point. :shrug:

You're accusing me of saying things I did not say. I did not say "there was no way." I listed it among the possibilities! But I reiterate: There is no reason to think the tracks on the next release have any relation to the voting for the previous one.

What's most likely? Well, based on what? My position is that we have no information. No, it's not 50-50, unless you mean it's binary.

You do make a good point about 24 tracks maybe being too much to hope for. Even if they did put 12 songs on each of 2 discs, would they really overdo U22 by that much? I'm beginning to guess the best we can hope for is 1 disc of 11 or 12 and the remainder as downloads.

If there is going to be a cd, I would believe that Unknown Caller will find its way on that disc. Already completely mastered, it just needs a physical release and it ultimately means one less song for them to work on for this release.

No. About half of the time sometimes are two-CD sets (Zoo TV Live, U2 Go Home, Medium, U22), sometimes it's just one disc (U2.Communication (though that one did have a 2nd CD-ROM disc), Artificial Horizon, Duals).

Thanks for that. I have the later two you mentioned, but I basically just ripped them onto my laptop and listened to them through that means only!

It'd be really cool if it contained just tracks from NLOTH or later: NLOTH, Breathe, GOYB, Crazy remix, Moment, Unknown Caller, Stingray, Mercy, Boy...Sky, Glastonbury, North Star, EBW.

It'll never happen but that'd be the best subscription disk ever IMHO.

chocky said:
It'd be really cool if it contained just tracks from NLOTH or later: NLOTH, Breathe, GOYB, Crazy remix, Moment, Unknown Caller, Stingray, Mercy, Boy...Sky, Glastonbury, North Star, EBW.

It'll never happen but that'd be the best subscription disk ever IMHO.

Now this would be killer.

Can't wait to find out which of the other tracks make it this time. Hoping for at least Electrical Storm, Breathe and Vertigo. And maybe I'll Go Crazy because I don't have Artificial Horizon.
I forget if there were any new songs besides Stingray in the original poll, but any of them (Mercy, Glastonbury, etc.) would be awesome.

Can't wait to find out which of the other tracks make it this time. Hoping for at least Electrical Storm, Breathe and Vertigo. And maybe I'll Go Crazy because I don't have Artificial Horizon.
I forget if there were any new songs besides Stingray in the original poll, but any of them (Mercy, Glastonbury, etc.) would be awesome.

Only Stingray was in the original poll.

Forgive me for not wanting to go back and look, but was it said that these tracks will be from the pool of songs that didn't make it to U22?

Hello friends!

Does anybody know what Bono is speaking about closely to the end of "With Or Without You" on U22, Disc #2?

It is heard like "for beautiful Unis Shryber... good bye Unis..." or something like this, I suppose Bono dedicated this performance to him/her but truly can't recognize the phrase!

Any help is much appreciated!

P.S. I loved U22, my little 2-years boy loved the Album, too - it's grounded criticism on some selections of songs, but overall... I must agree it's a unique achievement never done before by any band. Thanks for attention!

Hello friends!

Does anybody know what Bono is speaking about closely to the end of "With Or Without You" on U22, Disc #2?

It is heard like "for beautiful Unis Shraiber... good by Unis" or something like this, I suppose Bono dedicated this performance to him/her but truly can't recognize the phrase!

Any help is much appreciated!

P.S. I loved U22, my little 2-years boy loved the Album, too - it's grounded criticism on some selections of songs, but overall... I must agree it's a unique achievement never done before by any band. Thanks for attention!

Eunice Shriver- she passed away around the time of the show. She was JFK's sister and the founder of the Special Olympics.

Thank you very much! I didn't even expect I would knew this on my own...

U2/Bono are so spectacular in racking on the information on their shows, I must admit I knew the whole new world of persons, names, events just because studying such kind of live dedications from Bono's speeches in all of the band's history...

Astonishing info & forum! :applaud:Peace!

Back
Top Bottom