U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wouldn't make any sense for the 8 tracks to be from the CD's. Anybody can rip MP3's these days so it seems redundant. It's gotta be 8 tracks not selected. At least that's what I'm convincing myself of!

I'm not that hopeful. I'm just floored that we got one track not on u22. I really didn't expect that at all. Plus, it was a track I voted to be on u22. :applaud:

I don't think the 8 will be bonuses. It would make my life if they were though.

Another thing I've wondered about with U22 is if we're going to get "musical 360 show extras". What I mean by that is like Space Oddity before Real Thing, or the Mark Kelly audio before Beautiful Day or "Amazing Grace/Still Love Me Tomorrow/Hallelujah/Jerusalem" before Streets. These were some pretty incredible, memorable moments that made the 360 shows so memorable and I think the audio would be really cool to have!

the 8 tracks are bonus tracks ala unknown caller, this was confirmed to me by the moderator at u2.com, so we are really getting u2 31, hope electrical storm is one of them,

the 8 tracks are bonus tracks ala unknown caller, this was confirmed to me by the moderator at u2.com, so we are really getting u2 31, hope electrical storm is one of them,

Fantastic news!!!

Holding out for Electrical Storm and Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Holy SHIT Batman!

"the 8 tracks are not on U22, they are bonus tracks. You folks asked for this, I passed it on, and it got done. Amazed. And delighted." - Bigwave (u2.com mod)

Now somebody just tell him to pass on the news that we all want a new album this year and hopefully we'll get similar results :wink:

Holy SHIT Batman!

"the 8 tracks are not on U22, they are bonus tracks. You folks asked for this, I passed it on, and it got done. Amazed. And delighted." - Bigwave (u2.com mod)

Wasn't "Unknown Caller" the first track to get cut? In other words, wasn't it #23 in terms of votes? If so, it's possible that the next 8 downloads will be numbers 24-31 on the voting list. Does anyone have the final tally before the voting "went dark?"

morgan1098 said:
Wasn't "Unknown Caller" the first track to get cut? In other words, wasn't it #23 in terms of votes? If so, it's possible that the next 8 downloads will be numbers 24-31 on the voting list. Does anyone have the final tally before the voting "went dark?"

I thought it was NLOTH... But either way, awesome news!

I might resubscribe for this. Maybe if my boss actually gives me my share from the tip jar for once I can use it for a U2.com subscription.

From the last thread. This seems to be the order that the songs ended up. I wonder what the criteria to choose the extra tracks was. Doesn't seem it was in order of the voting since Unknown Caller was way down on this list.

Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
Magnificent
One
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
With Or Without You
Beautiful Day
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Moment of Surrender
All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For
Until The End Of The World
One Tree Hill
Walk On
The Fly
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Elevation
Zooropa
Out Of Control
Mysterious Ways
===========================================
No Line on the Horizon
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In the Name of Love)
New Year’s Day
Breathe
Electrical Storm
Miss Sarajevo
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Unknown Caller
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Desire
Spanish Eyes
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Angel Of Harlem
Scarlet

Does anyone know where the version of Unknown Caller is from?

And is there already a download/request thread for this :reject:?

Apart from that I think it's great news. Looks like u2.com FINALLY woke up and decided to give their members something that's worth the money.

strange, it says this on u2.com:

"And on May 30th you'll be able to download EIGHT more tracks from the double CD." :hmm:

My hopes for the extra 8 (generally songs with 0-few released versions):

YBR
Electrical Storm
Stingray Guitar
Scarlet
MOTD
Spanish Eyes
HMTMKMKM

ramblin rose said:
From the last thread. This seems to be the order that the songs ended up. I wonder what the criteria to choose the extra tracks was. Doesn't seem it was in order of the voting since Unknown Caller was way down on this list.

Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
Magnificent
One
Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
Even Better Than The Real Thing
With Or Without You
Beautiful Day
The Unforgettable Fire
City Of Blinding Lights
Moment of Surrender
All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m looking For
Until The End Of The World
One Tree Hill
Walk On
The Fly
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Elevation
Zooropa
Out Of Control
Mysterious Ways
===========================================
No Line on the Horizon
I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Remix)
Vertigo
I Will Follow
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Pride (In the Name of Love)
New Year’s Day
Breathe
Electrical Storm
Miss Sarajevo
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
Unknown Caller
Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
In A Little While
Get On Your Boots
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Desire
Spanish Eyes
Return Of The Stingray Guitar
Your Blue Room
Party Girl
Angel Of Harlem
Scarlet

Mine from that list would be

No line on the horizon
Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
Breathe
Electrical storm
Vertigo
Angel of harlem
Get on your boots

Yeah, it also says "And on May 30th, everyone who's resubscribed for 2012 will be able to download eight more tracks."
So, it's confusing...

Back
Top Bottom