U22 ♫ Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ha, I'm sure you could have, if you could have actually found out how to find your tracking number from U2.com. ;)

Is there a way to actually do this? Mine didn't show up today so it's time for me to start getting fussy and checking the tracking number every few hours.

corianderstem said:
Its size kind of threw me off, and I did not react with the appropriate excitement when I realized what the delivery dude had just brought to my desk. :lol:

my EXACT non reaction too hahaha! The unwrapping contest will only be useful for those with the heads up already. Unless they accept video of me simply describing "I didn't know what it was until I opened it"

I went to U2.com to send an e-mail and one of the selections in the issue drop down was "missing CD's", so maybe this is more common than I thought.
I guess things like this happen but now it is time for a test! For years I have read that people have had a terrible experience with U2.com customer service. I for one never have, so I am going to find out first hand starting today.

6/9-Received my package with no CD's :doh:
6/9-Sent an e-mail to U2.com informing them of my problem :shame:
TBD

6/11-Received an e-mail from U2.com reading "The CD's have begun shipping on a first placed, first filled basis". :confused:

Really didn't address my question/issue directly but I guess they wrote they it will be shipped again....I hope.

Am I still the only one on this forum who received an empty book? This should make me feel special but yet I feel like a d***! Oh well, lets see how they respond to my issue......

I don't think anyone knows how (or even if you can) get a tracking # from U2.com - it was just noted that there's a USPS tracking number on the package.

6/11-Received an e-mail from U2.com reading "The CD's have begun shipping on a first placed, first filled basis". :confused:

Really didn't address my question/issue directly but I guess they wrote they it will be shipped again....I hope.

Am I still the only one on this forum who received an empty book? This should make me feel special but yet I feel like a d***! Oh well, lets see how they respond to my issue......

That sounds like a generic response, probably trying to address all the emails they are receiving from people asking when they will receive theirs. I would call and talk to an actual person. I know there's a phone number somewhere over there that you can talk to someone, and hopefully you'll get it replaced soon.

Good luck!

That said, I actually received mine today. :ohmy: Totally shocked. :lol:

Live Nation came through on that half of it since they told me I would get the physical edition. :up: So I'm grateful to the people who made that happen. They were never able to get me the on-line downloads though and left me hanging with a "we'll get back to you on that....". But I forgive them for that now. :D Can't wait to listen to the whole thing.

That sounds like a generic response, probably trying to address all the emails they are receiving from people asking when they will receive theirs. I would call and talk to an actual person. I know there's a phone number somewhere over there that you can talk to someone, and hopefully you'll get it replaced soon.

Agreed. It doesn't sound like they actually read your email and understood your problem.

Got mine today in CA and with both CD's thankfully. U2.com aced it with this.

BTW, anybody else get theirs with a corner or two creased? No big deal, but wish there was a way to avoid that sort of stuff especially for something rare and collectible like this.

Looking forward to blasting this in my car...

so this is put together really well. many of these songs really stand out to me. even ISHFWILF is exciting.

my only gripes:

- they could have done a better job splicing the tracks. many times, the crowd noise changes each track. a little more editing would have been nice.

- i realize "Bad" ends side 1, but in the mp3 age, most people will listen to "Bad" and "AIWIY" in a row, so having the "AIWIY" snippet at the end of "Bad" is a little weird.

- editing would have been nice in the beginning of "MLK". since it follows "COBL" on the tracklist, it's ackward that the crowd is singing the "oh's" from the end of "Pride".

- I would have liked a proper transition from "One" to "Streets", but we got nothing there.

other than that, I love it! :D

- i realize "Bad" ends side 1, but in the mp3 age, most people will listen to "Bad" and "AIWIY" in a row, so having the "AIWIY" snippet at the end of "Bad" is a little weird.

- editing would have been nice in the beginning of "MLK". since it follows "COBL" on the tracklist, it's ackward that the crowd is singing the "oh's" from the end of "Pride".

Came to post this.
Also, what's up with Moment of Surrender. Bono's timing is a bit off throughout the song, and that Party Girl snippet is a little out of place for me.
I prefer the Wide Awake in Europe Version by a mile. That said, I am surprised by how good some of the versions are though. Man oh man.

We need one of these every year, and we need one with Electrical Storm on it. Pronto.

God Part III said:
Came to post this.
Also, what's up with Moment of Surrender. Bono's timing is a bit off throughout the song, and that Party Girl snippet is a little out of place for me.
I prefer the Wide Awake in Europe Version by a mile. That said, I am surprised by how good some of the versions are though. Man oh man.

We need one of these every year, and we need one with Electrical Storm on it. Pronto.

Right? Hopefully we get some more songs here or there so we can sprinkle them in.

On a positive note though, pretty much every song kicks ass. The Sinatra snippet in UTEOTW is incredible!

In an age of IEMS I think we sometimes forget just HOW GOOD a properly mixed live album sounds/can sound...

Wonderful. The solo in The Fly is amazing and UTEOTW is godlike.

UPS mail innovations is a shared service between UPS and the post office. Don't know exactly how it works or who ends up delivering it in individual cases.

My book has a small fold in the upper right hand corner, even though it was left at my door and not in a box- no biggie. I don't think any of these things will have any huge financial value, and I'm not going to sell them anyway.

The Fly... :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

What a CD. I love the mix. Lots of crowd, which pleases me. Beginning of Streets sounds a bit crafted, but without a natural transition from One, it's expected.

Got mine today. In an awesomely heavy damaged case. I buy this shit because I consider it collectible. And for it to arrive in a flimsy case with folds, bends, and creases all over it (I'm surprised the CDs weren't broken) is unacceptable. The top was even "popped" open and totally open to the rain.

Awesome.

Achtung Ya'll said:
Got mine today. In an awesomely heavy damaged case. I buy this shit because I consider it collectible. And for it to arrive in a flimsy case with folds, bends, and creases all over it (I'm surprised the CDs weren't broken) is unacceptable. The top was even "popped" open and totally open to the rain.

Awesome.

Definitely request a new one- and take pictures to prove the damage. That's unacceptable.

Came to post this.

So it seems like they put different versions on than the Wide Awake From Europe ones then? I'll take that then!

Imagine if they did a "through-the-years" version of this. Maybe "Gone" from an Elevation show or "An Cat Dubh" from a Vertigo show, etc.

Back
Top Bottom