U2 to perform at 2018 grammy awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why do people think there's even a chance that they'll play "Love Is Bigger" or "Lights of Home"? They won't play a more obscure album track; it'll most likely be GOOYOW, American Soul, or both. I really hope I'm wrong, but there's no chance they'll take a risk and play anything else.

KENDRICK: Blessed are the sup...
BONO BEHIND HIM WITH MEGAPHONE: BLESSED ARE THE SUPERSTARS!!!
KENDRICK: ...er stars, for the magnificen...
BONO BEHIND HIM WITH MEGAPHONE: MAGGGGGGGGNIIIIIIIIFICCCCCEEEEEEENT
KENDRICK: ...t in their light, we understand better our own insign...
BONO BEHIND HIM WITH MEGAPHONE: KENDRICK LAMAR IN THE HOUSE, Y'ALL
KENDRICK: ...ifigance

:lol: I can see this happening. Maybe we'll get lucky and Bono will drop the megaphone and it will sink to the bottom of the Hudson River, never to be seen again... Until he gets a new one.

Or, ya know, they could play the song that has a video that sorta kinda features the band on barge in the Hudson River...

maxresdefault.jpg

Atu2 on twitter says that U2 is going to play "on a barge in the Hudson River during the telecast." :hmm:

https://twitter.com/atu2/status/953819424166887425

I’m surprised none of you have picked up on the fact that the article specifically mentions “Bono” performing on a barge and not “U2”. This could be a simple typo or perhaps his is part of Kendrick’s song? Or perhaps he will sing on barge and the band will be inside...sound crazy? Well, this is the band that put Ordinary Love on their new album, so yeah....maybe.

I’m surprised none of you have picked up on the fact that the article specifically mentions “Bono” performing on a barge and not “U2”. This could be a simple typo or perhaps his is part of Kendrick’s song? Or perhaps he will sing on barge and the band will be inside...sound crazy? Well, this is the band that put Ordinary Love on their new album, so yeah....maybe.
Perhaps they just said Bono because he's in u2

:lol: I can see this happening. Maybe we'll get lucky and Bono will drop the megaphone and it will sink to the bottom of the Hudson River, never to be seen again... Until he gets a new one.

I'm with you on this.

There’s a Bono Is Fat joke in here somewhere but I’m too lazy to craft one.

Let’s hope they don’t play GOOYOW. They’ve done it to death

u2songs | U2 and Kendrick Lamar Plan for the Grammy Awards |

U2 won't just be performing their own song at the Grammys next Sunday, they are tipped to join Kendrick Lamar in the opening number, and to give out an award.

Great news. At least re: XXX. Curious to see if the band will do some live musical backing instead of just Bono doing a couple lines. Could be very memorable.

As for Get Out, I'd rather them play American Soul, which at least has more energy to it. I don't think even Kendrick's live participation will make Get Out some kind of big success with the audience.

Well ok, hopefully SOE gets nominated next year for a couple awards and they perform

Don't get your hopes up.

Not gonna argue with that. But then it became clear early on that it wasn't U2 playing that part anyway, and rather someone on Kendrick's team, so I was partially primed for disappointment in that regard.

Yeah, it was unclear for a bit what the deal was with the instrumentation but I do remember reading an article that said the beat/bassline had been provided either by a sample or musicians brought in by Kendrick.

Can anyone else corroborate that?

The best thing they could do for their cred is learn, and nail the entirety of XXX. Bono can stay off stage until the end, and the others can carry the music with K-Dot.

Back
Top Bottom