U2 to headline Dreamforce in San Francisco, October 2016!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Crystal Ballroom actually making it out of soundcheck and into a set seemed at least in part a result of fans hassling the band about it.

I just want somebody to ask "sooo... A Sort of Homecoming, yeah?"

oh yeah that too! and we had multiple instances of that put on youtube

next tour I'm going to try and do better to get up there

Locking in my setlist prediction based on the obviously-deceptive soundcheck:

1) The Best Thing
2) Acrobat (featuring modified lyrics "Dreamforce out loud")
3) Zooropa (same modification)
4) Mercy (2004 version)
5) One Step Closer (Vertigo Tour Throwback)
6) Mofo
7) Discothèque
8) Elvis Ate America
9) North Star (Transformers version)
10) New York
11) Every Breaking Wave (2010 version)
12) Womanfish
13) A Sort of Homecoming
Catorce) Vertigo
15) Seconds
16) We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I am absolutely confident everything about this will be correct, but you missed that Rudy Giuliani will have a guest spot in New York. Bono will spring a Trump video on him in the most uncomfortable moment in recent U2 memory.

Oh sure, those I've met have been just fine and nice. Just the "tone" of @U2 - it's all very earnest. I like a little snark in my fandom. (Which is why I dig it here.)

It's the religiosity that bugs me.

It's like there are five gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, U2.

If I ever got the chance to chat to someone from U2, I think I'd feel uncomfortable requesting that they play certain songs. Maybe a subtle reminder like "hey, remember when you played x song once/twice and didn't play it again? You should give it another go some time..."

I would just say "hey, have you guys thought about bringing _________ back into the setlist?"

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

And Crystal Ballroom actually making it out of soundcheck and into a set seemed at least in part a result of fans hassling the band about it.

I just want somebody to ask "sooo... A Sort of Homecoming, yeah?"

Definitely tried, held this up at the Chicago ie shows, got a smile from Adam, also got to ask Edge outside the United Center if they were planning to play two hearts which I believe they had rehearsed. That's why I hope Experience stays indoors, gotta believe much better chance of those songs indoors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 17
Definitely tried, held this up at the Chicago ie shows, got a smile from Adam, also got to ask Edge outside the United Center if they were planning to play two hearts which I believe they had rehearsed. That's why I hope Experience stays indoors, gotta believe much better chance of those songs indoors.

:up: :up:

I'm pretty sure Edge winced when he saw my Womanfish sign at the third Dublin show on 360. And he just laughed at my 11 O'clock Tick Tock sign in Boston at one of the May 2005 shows.

It's the religiosity that bugs me.

It's like there are five gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, U2.

Makes sense given @U2 seems to be fan club for conservative U2 fans. It's an inverse of Interference.

If I were to meet a member of U2, and it actually came up in the conversation organically, I wouldn't say "You should play "__________" sometime!!! I'd probably say something more along the lines of "Pop is my favorite U2 album. That's when I became a fan, and Popmart was my first concert when I was 15." That might spark up a dialogue with them, and within them. They probably don't really meet a lot of people who dote on Zooropa or Pop, but those are my 2 favorites anymore.

If I were to meet a member of U2, and it actually came up in the conversation organically, I wouldn't say "You should play "__________" sometime!!! I'd probably say something more along the lines of "Pop is my favorite U2 album. That's when I became a fan, and Popmart was my first concert when I was 15." That might spark up a dialogue with them, and within them. They probably don't really meet a lot of people who dote on Zooropa or Pop, but those are my 2 favorites anymore.

those are my favorites too. I think that's how the Zooropa/The First Time conversation happened back in 05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom