U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow I'm so, so happy for having a new proshot video of Dirty Day. I've been waiting so many years for them to finally bring it back live and despite some negative opinions I've read here, I think this version is brilliant. Emotional, the 'telling story' narrative works well, love the reworked arrangement with the new backtrack effects. The Zoo TV Sydney performance will most probably remain the ultimate version, but this one is great on its own merits and so different that it's really hard to compare them. Overall the whole DD-ZS-The Fly-Stay-Horses segment is fantastic plus great that we also have Gloria in.

And to those who like to bitch about U2 setlists - if anyone would tell me 10-15 years ago that in a future 4 years span we would see live such gems as Dirty Day, October, Two Hearts Beat as One (!), Exit (!!), Red Hill Mining Town (!!!... well this one was not mindblowing but at least they gave it a shot), Acrobat (! x infinity) I would have hard time believing it. I feel really proud as a U2 fan, they did great job at revisioning their back catalogue :)

I'm uploading the video in 4k, and an audio version @320kps, and a single file FLAC to mega now.

I only have a personal mega, so it may limit the number of downloaders. I ask all of you, as with every instance of these things being dropped, to PLEASE forward them on to other requestors, and re-upload them to other locations if you can. A mega account is free, and you can upload all of these things and provide links.

Actually - the FLAC is corrupt, and apparently I don't have software to fix it. If 320kbps isn't enough, you will need to download the 4k video and extract the audio yourselves.

I'm uploading the video in 4k, and an audio version @320kps, and a single file FLAC to mega now.

I only have a personal mega, so it may limit the number of downloaders. I ask all of you, as with every instance of these things being dropped, to PLEASE forward them on to other requestors, and re-upload them to other locations if you can. A mega account is free, and you can upload all of these things and provide links.

Amazing! Thank you Dan!!!

Sorry all - the HLS version I picked up had a bad audio track - had some crackles and just wasn't wonderful. The 4K one on youtube is better so I am trying again :)

so apparently HLS downgrades the audio :angry:

The 4k on youtube has good audio, but the picture is out of synch in the second half.

I will focus on getting decent audio uploaded and work out the video later.

The 4k on youtube has good audio, but the picture is out of synch in the second half.

No prob! I think everyone appreciates you doing this.

The audio I got out of HLS seems fine so far (listening through now), but I did notice in the stream yesterday that B’s mic was clipping at a few points. So it’s possible what you’re noticing is in the source.

The audio I got out of HLS seems fine so far (listening through now), but I did notice in the stream yesterday that B’s mic was clipping at a few points. So it’s possible what you’re noticing is in the source.

I've compared Stay from the original source, the YouTube source and the HLS download. Definitely in the capture. There is definitely some clipping, but what I was getting was unlistenable.

I have extracted the audio from the Youtube source. Uploading to mega now. Will post the link in a few minutes.

I've compared Stay from the original source, the YouTube source and the HLS download. Definitely in the capture. There is definitely some clipping, but what I was getting was unlistenable.

I have extracted the audio from the Youtube source. Uploading to mega now. Will post the link in a few minutes.

Listening to yours now, and you're quite right. There was a bunch of noise in the HLS one I was thinking must have been in the source, but it's not there in yours. Thanks for doing that (and having a more discerning ear :)).

U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

If The Fly isn’t a Top 5 Edge song, I don’t know what else would be.

Pretty awesome all around. That TIGHTNARRATIVE has resulted in a very distinct and accomplished tour. They should feel good about what they accomplished live in the ‘10s.

No one else does this.

Last edited:
Another observation: Bono is at his happiest and most creative when he’s in makeup, fancy dress, and character.

Free him from those Rock God shackles and let him be the sexy cabaret creature he wants to be.

I like this concert a lot more than Paris, Rose Bowl. It’s a really tight performance.

It's the first time in a while - since Boston '01 I think - that they've filmed a concert which captured the essence of the tour without some other circumstance compromising it. Vertigo they filmed way earlier than intended because the first few weeks of the tour had to be rescheduled, 360 arguably didn't find its groove until 2011, Paris had the Bataclan tragedy hanging over it...

This show is just what E&I looked like after they'd done enough shows to understand what this tour was about.

And, good god, the difference in quality of the SOE songs on record vs live.

I’m almost enjoying GooYow.

And, gosh, do I want to punch some Nazis.

And I am a thousand percent on board for a Zoo30 tour, assuming concerts are still a thing next year.

Prior to ‘18, I’d have been worried about Acrobat turning out the way Red Hill did (not arrangement wise, but in terms of a long awaited live premier being underwhelming).

But they’ve proven they can play the hell out of any AB song live. So Cruel even provides a skippable song at the right moment for a bathroom break.

Stay shocked me to be fair, when I heard they used rehearsal footage I was a bit worried but it worked really well

Prior to ‘18, I’d have been worried about Acrobat turning out the way Red Hill did (not arrangement wise, but in terms of a long awaited live premier being underwhelming).

But they’ve proven they can play the hell out of any AB song live. So Cruel even provides a skippable song at the right moment for a bathroom break.

Actually enjoyed to so cruel performance they added to YouTube around the from the sky down release - Bono acoustic.

The punky one in the movie was a wonderful idea, but the execution was a bit off.

Back
Top Bottom