U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got this email today:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your order. We regret that the merchandise you requested

U2TF2323-L
U2com 'U2 Go Home/Slane Castle Live' Men's (2) Lg

is not available at this time. We will ship your merchandise out as soon as
we receive more in stock. We expect another shipment from the manufacturer
within the next 3-4 weeks. We value your business and thank you for your
patience.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at
orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or
1-916-414-2921. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours
a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any
reply.

Sincerely,
name removed

FanFire.com Customer Service

So yeah, that was after I signed up for a NEW membership a few days ago.

$45 is a lot of moolah to be part of a fan club that is pretty damn craptastic. I never got my Hasta Luego or whatevs CD from back in the Elevation Tour.

But knowing it's the only way to basically guarantee yourself tickets to the tour, I will sign up yet again. There are downsides to being a fan of the biggest rock band in the world.

I'm also curious Kennerado as to what people think. I'd like to become a member (I let my membership slide a few years ago), but I'd like to see what the new gift is. If i sign up now do I get the current gift or the new one... anyone know?

I joined up as a new member two days ago and the Slane CD / T-shirt is still the gift on offer. Indeed, with so many references to 2007 on the relevant webpages, it looks like that part of the site hasn't been updated for a few years. I only signed up in the hope that they do concert presales again, because Zootopia doesn't look that special, and I'm perfectly capable of ripping audio from my DVDs myself.

I got the message at login the other day as well... I think I'm going to go ahead and renew now and whatever happens with the gift happens. Don't want to get screwed with tickets..

Yeah me too, mine runs out in a couple of weeks time.

I say renew, I would hope they don't have a ticket fiasco this time. But I suspect it will be the same bloody free for all fight with scalpers and the suchlike as always.

Well I got this email today:

So yeah, that was after I signed up for a NEW membership a few days ago.

kennerado, I got the same email as you after signing up as a new member. Could this in fact mean that, despite what the site says, they'll no longer be offering the Slane gifts and are preparing to provide something new / different?

got the same mail, that the shirt is in back order...I wanted the cd so badly so I signed up before the new gift...it's the first time too.

I got the backordered shirt email soon after I re-upped, but then I got the shirt in the mail about a month later (the cd had come within a week). Kind of nice, since I'd gotten a shirt too big last year & returned it, but had never gotten a replacement.

U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / U2.com Discussion

(Apologies if this is in the wrong place....feel free to move it)

Hey all --

I'm wondering about U2.com renewals. My membership was set to expire in December, but I see to recall that the website put out notice that everyone's membership was being temporarily extended until they figure out what to do with them. Is that still the case?

Obviously, I want to make sure I renew in time to take advantage of the site's tour tickets pre-sale (assuming we get one). Is there something I should be doing now or are well all just waiting for instructions?

Please let me know. Thanks.....

I haven't gotten any emails from U2.com in ages. I know others here have gotten them or announcements, etc., yet I have not. And no, they are not in my spam mailbox either. I sent them two messages from their contact page of their website, and still nothing. Actually, the second "comment" which I sent to Technical Support at least received the auto response, but no further contact. :sigh: I think the first was sent to Customer Service :rolleyes: Would be nice if they kept people informed... or had some customer service. Maybe they are hiring? :hmm:

I haven't gotten any emails from U2.com in ages. I know others here have gotten them or announcements, etc., yet I have not. And no, they are not in my spam mailbox either. I sent them two messages from their contact page of their website, and still nothing. Actually, the second "comment" which I sent to Technical Support at least received the auto response, but no further contact. :sigh: I think the first was sent to Customer Service :rolleyes: Would be nice if they kept people informed... or had some customer service. Maybe they are hiring? :hmm:

Same here for me. No emails.:mad: Automatic responses on mails no further contact. World's best rock band, World's worst fanclub:down::down:. They can do much better. A good working presale of tickets would do good with a decent fanclub gift.......:hmm:

I get emails occasionally when something is updated on the site. I think my membership is up at the end of the month and haven't gotten an email to resubscribe, but I think I'm going to do it soon.

I was just over there the other day for the first time in months. There's a whole thread of complaining about how lousy the membership is, since they rarely update the exclusive material and because the customer service is atrocious. Word over there is still to hold off on renewing until they relaunch the site and announce what the new gift will be. I'm worried they're going to be overrun with more renewals than they can handle at once and they'll screw everything up, so instead of not getting a shirt that doesn't fit right for several months it will be a presale code that gets lost :crack:

If they don't guarantee a presale code and a method of ticket sales that ensures more tickets go to fans and fewer go to scalpers who join at the last minute, I'm probably not even going to bother renewing.

The last email I got from U2.com was telling me that I could hear GOYB the first day it was available, even though I'd already bought it from iTunes :lol:

The Zoo?

Well, I'm a frequent visitor to the Zoo and I can't get into it right now. The site is up but the Zoo is gone, for me anyway, just the information about how many users are online (28) which is wierd, if no one can get into it?

maybe I'm the only one who can't get in??? :ohmy:

Well, I'm a frequent visitor to the Zoo and I can't get into it right now. The site is up but the Zoo is gone, for me anyway, just the information about how many users are online (28) which is wierd, if no one can get into it?

maybe I'm the only one who can't get in??? :ohmy:

I just checked and I was able to get in ok.

By the way nice to see you again :wave:

I was just over there the other day for the first time in months. There's a whole thread of complaining about how lousy the membership is, since they rarely update the exclusive material and because the customer service is atrocious. Word over there is still to hold off on renewing until they relaunch the site and announce what the new gift will be. I'm worried they're going to be overrun with more renewals than they can handle at once and they'll screw everything up, so instead of not getting a shirt that doesn't fit right for several months it will be a presale code that gets lost :crack:

If they don't guarantee a presale code and a method of ticket sales that ensures more tickets go to fans and fewer go to scalpers who join at the last minute, I'm probably not even going to bother renewing.

The last email I got from U2.com was telling me that I could hear GOYB the first day it was available, even though I'd already bought it from iTunes :lol:

I didn't even get that email :angry:

And my subscription to the site would have run out about 2 weeks ago I think, if my memory serves me. So if there are pre-sale codes to be had at some point, I will be PISSED if I don't get something. I can't even go over to the forums - it's such a mess over there & so-ooo unorganized :crack:

^ OOh yes that is so annoying. I can't even go in that place. But it does make me love Interference all the more. :hug:

So we still don't have any details about the 2009 resubscription offer, right? My membership expired in December but I had receieved an e-mail claiming that everyone's subscription was being extended for a few months until they determined their new offer. Are we all still in that limbo or has there been news?

Thanks....

Still in limbo.

Although, a couple of weeks back they had a snafu and had popups come up when you entered the site saying to renew, so I did.

Only later to be told that they were testing their system, in production mind you, without saying anything about it being a test in the popup, and that I should have ignored the popup and not renewed.

:doh: :huh: :der::crazy:

Still in limbo.

Although, a couple of weeks back they had a snafu and had popups come up when you entered the site saying to renew, so I did.

Only later to be told that they were testing their system, in production mind you, without saying anything about it being a test in the popup, and that I should have ignored the popup and not renewed.

:doh: :huh: :der::crazy:

Exactly. And then a mod there made a post that we should have known better than to do what the main site told us to do without first being told to by her personally (in a forum that many people do not use) and that if we did, well too bad they wouldn't be able to help us. :down:

ok..so i'm new to this whole u2.com thing, although I have been a big fan for MANY years...spending waaay to much money on concerts which are among the highlights of my life. Anyway, I was hoping to sign up for u2.com, as a first-timer, at an appropriate time to maximize getting tickets for US legs of tour and the gift (Slane CD etc.. or the new gift). Whats the final verdict on when to subscribe?

It seems there is no final verdict yet! Many of us are wondering when to resubscribe, so I'm not sure about new subscribers, it's possible they are taking new subscribers now, but I don't know.

I renewed my membership on 11 November (after being told to by admin) which was 12 weeks ago.

I got the Slane CD 2 weeks later and the t-shirt in early January.

Since then I've heard nothing. The only email I've received is one giving me a pre-order link for NLOTH at JB Hifi here in Australia. It seems the emails and communication is just so random and it's damn annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom