U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, what are the Member #'s up to these days? :hmm: (You don't have to tell your exact number if you don't want, but I'm just wondering approximately what the numbers are up to.) Of course, that may not mean anything if older members haven't renewed and dropped out.

hmm...I wonder who has more members, Interference or Zootopia?

I would imagine Zootopia would have more, but I really don't know...

They used to state it (the # of members) at the top of the main forum page, but it's gone. I guess it was around 55,000 or so. That said, I guess there are only 1,000 regulars or so here (counting those with a postcount of more than 500).

^ Thanks. I think U2.coms is much higher than that. I remember someone here saying their member # there was much higher.

hmmm...can somebody help me out please? When I go to order a new subscription it says U2.com subscription 2007-2008....so does this mean that if I order today I'll have to pay another $45.00 in a few more months? Thanks :)

You can sign up any time and your subscription will last for a year. You can renew at any time (meaning: as soon as the new gifts are available, or when your subscription is about to expire) and they will simply add 365 days to your period.

The subscription comes with a 25% reduction voucher for U2.com shop items (not for tickets or cd's!) , also valid for a year. These vouchers however expire a year after you sign up/renew, so be carefull with those dates if you want to buy something :)

And before I forget: the renewal fee is a lot lower than the initial $45 fee, I think it was $32 this year (might be a few off though).

I know, because I signed up in July 2 years ago.

I was a long time member, dating back to the ZooTV era Propaganda days and continued on through the Vertigo tour. Basically, I had heard persistant talk that U2 wasn't going to offer "prime" tickets for the "next" tour whenever that'd be and I was pretty discouraged with what few benefits membershp left me so I let my membership lapse after 2005. I still get e-mails from the website about current events.

Basically, I'm thinking about re-upping my membership but I'm wondering if I'll still have my very low membership number (I'd doubt that) and if there's definitive word that yes, U2 will again offer members first choice options for best seats for the '09 tour.

BTW, I'd be very happy if U2 offered the 1989/90 NYE Point Depot broadcast on cd. I'd really not have yet a 3rd official release from the Vertigo tour unless perhaps it was sourced from the final month of the resumed tour.

T.B.

I was hoping that the Red Rocks audio would show up on iTunes this morning, which would make it a less likely choice for the 2009 bonus gift, but no dice.

If they end up offering the Red Rocks or Popmart Mexico audio as the bonus gift this year, I may seriously consider letting my membership slide.

If they've really hit such a deep songwriting vein, surely they could release a couple of songs that they've decided to cast off the next album.

You can sign up any time and your subscription will last for a year. You can renew at any time (meaning: as soon as the new gifts are available, or when your subscription is about to expire) and they will simply add 365 days to your period.

The subscription comes with a 25% reduction voucher for U2.com shop items (not for tickets or cd's!) , also valid for a year. These vouchers however expire a year after you sign up/renew, so be carefull with those dates if you want to buy something :)

And before I forget: the renewal fee is a lot lower than the initial $45 fee, I think it was $32 this year (might be a few off though).

I know, because I signed up in July 2 years ago.

hey, thanks for the info :wave:

I'm now a member :)

I already have the slane DVD but I guess I'm going to have 2 now? :)

And I get a shirt! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Great! It's not a DVD but a double audio CD.

Now that you're a member: try to check out Willies diary, which is probably the greatest little gem on the site. You can find it under tours. Good luck!

Like somebody else said according to what I saw on wikipedia the audio from that concert on DVD will be the CD that you will get...oh and yes,you'll get a t-shirt too:D

from nick,

isn't it about time they announce what the renewal gift will be ?

You're kidding right?

They probably won't announce the new renewal gift until the very last minute like they do every year. Then the people who joined before the official launch will have to renew without knowing what the new gift is, will get another old gift (if they're lucky) and then u2.com/Fanfire will not be ready to handle the onslaught of renewals that normally come in during the first few days because even though this has happened for the past 3 renewal period, u2.com/Fanfire will somehow be surprised and overwhelmed.

I sent my Slane shirt back because it was the wrong size, and I've never gotten a replacement. That was 10 months ago. :mad:

New Subscription Gift:

Digital download of the new album.

Physical copy of the album to be released in Jan-Feb. Subscribers to get digital download starting in November.

:drool:

I sent my Slane shirt back because it was the wrong size, and I've never gotten a replacement. That was 10 months ago. :mad:

Same thing here... I ordered a XXL because they ran really small in the past, but of course, it was way too big. I sent it back in the beginning of the year, and nothing. Last week, I e-mailed them again. They claim it was sent, but said another one was being shipped right away. I'd send them (Fanfire) an e-mail...they got back to me within a couple of days.

Actually, it a 2 CD set of the Slane concert, not a DVD.

Great! It's not a DVD but a double audio CD.

Now that you're a member: try to check out Willies diary, which is probably the greatest little gem on the site. You can find it under tours. Good luck!

Like somebody else said according to what I saw on wikipedia the audio from that concert on DVD will be the CD that you will get...oh and yes,you'll get a t-shirt too:D

Oh I see...well since I have the DVD already, that's even better right? Now I can listen in the car or something haha...cool! Thanks :)

A tote bag with a dollar sign on it.

A signed copy of the new album and a hand-written letter apologizing for the suckiness of U2.com.

:lol: That's why I've never signed on -- because I resent a band so rich charging fans so much. I feel I may have to this coming tour because ticketmaster and all those scalpers buying up tickets shafted me.

Just got the renewal email notice:

Your U2.Com subscription account is set to expire in 30 days.

If you resubscribe within this period, you qualify for almost a 30% discount on your annual subscription - you pay $32 instead of $45. Plus: you'll receive a copy of U2 GO HOME, a double CD concert special recorded live at Slane Castle, Dublin on 2001's Elevation Tour. And you�ll also receive your T-shirt choice from 3 limited-edition designs.

You will also continue to get members-only access to all the great content on the site including exclusive video, concert reviews, your personalized e-mail account and Zootopia.

Click here to renew your Subscription now:

Looking forward to a great year ahead on U2.Com

Cheers,

U2.Com Team

I wrote them about the Slane DVD and the response was:

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately the new u2 gift subscription for
2009 has not been updated. Please keep checking the u2 web site for updates.

If you have any further questions, please contact us at
orderhelp@FanFire.com or one of the following numbers: 1-800-767-7160 or
+1-916-414-2921. Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours
a day 7 days a week. Please be sure to include a copy of this email with any
reply.

Sincerely,
Happiness

FanFire.com Customer Service

Here we go again.

Why do they bother giving out phone numbers and email addresses? They have been virtually impossible to get hold of, and IF you are able to get hold of anyone, I've not believed any info I was ever given. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom