U2 at Kroq Acoustic Christmas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whackjester

Acrobat
Pretty interesting that U2 have chosen to play a Kroq event as a promotional vehicle this time around. Have they ever shared the stage with others in an small scale abbreviated format like this, at least since they've been a big established band?

Not that I can remember...they did the Free Tibet festival in '97, but other than the ATYCLB Promo stop in NYC, Irving Plaza I can't remember them playing something like this. Awesome, fits the model of how they are promoting this album...:up:

They did KROQ's Kevin and Bean's breakfast with U2 during the ATYCLB promo blitz. Which was a small intimate show and interview. But yeah, they haven't done anything like this in years.

i think this is a terrible idea. this show does not have the lineup or respect worthy of a U2 appearance. while i would love to see U2 hit more of the prestigious stops on the festival circuit, this is about as far from Glastonbury as possible. short sets, shitty sound (hopefully the Forum will sound better than previous venues), and pathetic modern-alt-rock-radio bands. seeing U2 for less than 90 minutes is not only a tease, it's a waste of a show. they don't deserve to be lumped in with these mediocre bands at a mediocre festival. Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza, Reading/Leeds, V Festival, Roskilde - all of these festivals would be way better than this dumb show.

or maybe i just dread having to sit through Imagine Dragons to see U2 this year.

:lol:

Not looking forward to the legions of U2 fans whining about obscure hipster acts like Interpol and Modest Mouse.

Magazines as far as the eye can see.

Yeah, any music fans knows that the lineup is actually pretty stacked. The hilarious part is that a lot of hipsters could likely bolt before the end of the show because they could give a shit about U2. Even funnier given that said U2 fans will likely spend hundreds on tickets via scalpers.

Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer and U2? Shitty lineup? Lol, people are delusional. KROQ was instrumental in their early success, and given the subject matter of their new album, the fact that they are playing many songs acoustically on the promo tour, them playing this show (in its 25th year) is completely and totally appropriate.

Yeah, any music fans knows that the lineup is actually pretty stacked. The hilarious part is that a lot of hipsters could likely bolt before the end of the show because they could give a shit about U2. Even funnier given that said U2 fans will likely spend hundreds on tickets via scalpers.

Why wouldn't non U2 fans be paying hundreds of dollars too? Tickets prices will be what they are regardless if you are a U2 fan or Pumpkins fan or whatever. The joke is on non-U2 fans who leave early if anything as they will be paying "U2" prices and not even see them.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I wonder if Bono will be well enough to play this show? AND, yeah, it seems ODD for U2 to be playing this gig! Now I need to find a way to get tickets....

Back
Top Bottom