U Talkin' U2 To Me podcast by Adam Scott & Scott Aukerman

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So happy this actually happened. Also found it interesting a lot of their current favourite U2 songs aren't actually being played on tour.

So it isn't that Bono doesn't want to sing One, it's us, the audience that steels it from his mouth. :lol:

Great interview! Love how they asked different questions then professional music journalists would do. Well, the kind of questions I have ;-)

Last edited:
Loved how they asked about Rattle and Hum getting the box treatment. Edge sounded like he's all about it but they are obviously busy with everything else. It could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Great interview, it felt more like fans asking them questions! I hope they deliver on the album - no second guessing - no over doing - just put it out there!

This is monumental. This podcast actually helped me to get back into U2 and look deeper at their catalog which is what led to them becoming my all time favorite band. The podcast is also amazing, and hosted by two of my favorite people.

Listening right now. Crazy.

Points to Adam for "Heartland" love.

Lol! Here's Bono's drawing

IMG_4800.jpg

You guys weren't kidding, I adore this interview. I'm so glad they're doing things like these now. Can't wait for the sirius thing, hopefully it's along the same lines. Great stuff!

A great listen. I was so happy they ended up getting an interview. The podcast has been entertaining from the beginning. But of course...no fucking t-shirts!

Enjoyed that quite a bit. Even if Bono and Larry fucking suck.

I actually thought a few bits from Larry were quite endearing. Particularly when he talked about how School Of Rock and certain dinners at home brought his family closer together. I would have to imagine he is an authoritarian father and it not being any easier by the fact he is probably away from his family a lot. Also the bit about his drumming style and the young guy saying he was a street drummer like him reminded me of him. I mimicked larry as a little boy playing the drums on the pillows on my couch. That was my way I guess of meeting him through him.

I totally agree, but I posted those thoughts in the Shuttlecock thread. He came off really well I thought until he mentioned his fav songs.

So it isn't that Bono doesn't want to sing One, it's us, the audience that steels it from his mouth. :lol:

Great interview! Love how they asked different questions then professional music journalists would do. Well, the kind of questions I have ;-)

Paul Hewson stole One from the fans.... we're stealing it back.

I thought this was awesome interview and hilarious. Its funny that this podcast ended up interviewing U2 and was able to have fun w/ it (I Like Films).

Some highlights about the interview:

-Nice the whole band got to talk and not just Bono.

-Adam's song selection

-Song's Of Experience sounds very promising.

-Larry making fun of Bono about his date w/ Sir Paul

-Bono admitting that 5 years is way too long for an album. No excuses.

The great news is it sounds like SOE and another tour will be happening next year.

This was awesome from start to finish. As always, the band sound like really laid-back, self-deprecating fun guys to be around. Still tying in some of the podcast's gimmicks ("I Love Films") with a proper interview. I loved the little audio asterisks of them back in the studio commenting on their comments with the band, with Adam Scott mostly criticizing himself for some of his fanboyish questions. It was very cute.

Just to recap all of their three favourite songs...
Bono: Stay, Miss Sarajevo, Every Breaking Wave
Edge: Running To Stand Still, Until The End Of The World, Where The Streets Have No Name
Adam: Moment Of Surrender, Heartland, A Man And A Woman
Larry: Sunday Bloody Sunday, Cedarwood Road, One

I love how, after all, Scott and Scott still didn't get any t-shirts. Still something to reach for! (Or, they still haven't found what they're looking for.)

U Talkin' U2 To Me podcast by Adam Scott & Scott Aukerman

This was fantastic. I decided to take a one day break from listening to podcasts at work the day this came out and thereby MISSED IT by one day. :D I love how conversational the interview was, for the most part. Very awesome that they're opening themselves up to fans more!

This was absolutely amazing. Still can't believe it happened.

And the fact that they didn't get their fucking t-shirts makes it all the better. And SoE is sounding very promising, and Edge relating it to Zooropa definitely gets my hopes up just a little bit...

Loved this podcast. I couldn't wait to hear the Scotts' thoughts after seeing the show in LA (July podcast). I saw them in the VIP section at LA3. So happy they actually got the whole band for an interview. And hopefully there will be more episodes to come. And they got swag but no shirts. I believe my daughter has this:

20140828_183314_4052_670365.png

Loved this podcast. I couldn't wait to hear the Scotts' thoughts after seeing the show in LA (July podcast). I saw them in the VIP section at LA3. So happy they actually got the whole band for an interview. And hopefully there will be more episodes to come. And they got swag but no shirts. I believe my daughter has this:

20140828_183314_4052_670365.png

:love: :want:

It was a great interview.

I went and listened to their previous podcasts and for the small amount of time they talk about U2 they were good, but the rest of the time they're increibly irritating and unfunny, I was stunned therefore when I wikipedia'd them and found out they were succesful comedians!!

that said, the final episode when U2 appear is brilliant and they get the best out of the band.

Listened to the latest podcast. I was super excited when I saw they were finally going to chat with the band! Great interview. C+

Listened to the U2 "white whale" podcast and now I'm going back to listen to all of them from start to finish. Hilarious.

Loved hearing how the guys begin their various shticks ("I Love Films," ACHTUNG bay-beeeee).

They've gotta do U2 DVD reviews or something to keep this going!

Back
Top Bottom