Touring Europe with U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamThomasU2

The Fly
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but wanted to know if anyone was lucky enough to follow the Band around Europe for the Vertigo and/or Elevation tours?

I am hoping to do something similar in 2009 and would really appreciate the chance to speak to anyone that has done something similar with U2, or is planning on doing it this time around.

I'm only able to do it in the summer time so fingers crossed the European leg falls then, otherwise I may have to try and pay the US a visit :wave:

*****Breaking News***********Breaking News**********Break

U2 are going to be washing their hair the days your available for gigs:wink::hyper:

I have a friend who went to 40 + gigs during the Vertigio tour. She has seen them play many times over and in many countries since the early eighties.

I wish you luck on your plans. Sounds like great fun!

I don't have so much time or money and cannot take so many days off from work, besides, I want to go on holidays, too. But I'll try so see a couple of shows again, depends where they play and when. I hope I'll get tickets.

I don't have so much time or money and cannot take so many days off from work, besides, I want to go on holidays, too. But I'll try so see a couple of shows again, depends where they play and when. I hope I'll get tickets.

At the moment I've got the luxury of being a student so come mide-june through until mid-september besides my part time job I'll have nothing to do!

The main worry is getting hold of the tickets though, I hear they can be ever-so-slightly hard to get :ohmy:

*****Breaking News***********Breaking News**********Break

U2 are going to be washing their hair the days your available for gigs:wink::hyper:

Well after 4 years waiting between tours you think they'd have the decency to let me know in advance! Edge doesn't have any hair will he still be able to play?

At the moment I've got the luxury of being a student so come mide-june through until mid-september besides my part time job I'll have nothing to do!

I'm a student too, but this time is the worst of the year, and maybe the beginning of the year!
Good for you, bad for me!

I was a student during Vertigo and that worked out well. Yes I was busy with class and work, but as a student I was really only accountable for myself. I could skip class as long as I made up the work, and take off work as long as I was OK not getting paid. Worked out well. I planned to go to 3 shows but ended up going to 9 and then a 10th in Hawaii on our honeymoon. I think tickets would be easier to get in Europe since they play stadiums. In the US the arenas sell out in about 10 seconds and the servers are so busy it's pure luck if you get through or not. Of the 10 shows I saw, only one ticket I got in a general sale online. The rest were all trades or bought from other fans/brokers.

I was a student during Vertigo and that worked out well. Yes I was busy with class and work, but as a student I was really only accountable for myself. I could skip class as long as I made up the work, and take off work as long as I was OK not getting paid. Worked out well. I planned to go to 3 shows but ended up going to 9 and then a 10th in Hawaii on our honeymoon. I think tickets would be easier to get in Europe since they play stadiums. In the US the arenas sell out in about 10 seconds and the servers are so busy it's pure luck if you get through or not. Of the 10 shows I saw, only one ticket I got in a general sale online. The rest were all trades or bought from other fans/brokers.

Yeah skipping classes for a special event is OK. But I'll have exams. And I don't want to do something really stupid...I need good luck.
Wow, 3 shows planned, went to 10! I like that idea :lol:.

Yeah skipping classes for a special event is OK. But I'll have exams. And I don't want to do something really stupid...I need good luck.
Wow, 3 shows planned, went to 10! I like that idea :lol:.

I think my exams will be out of the way by early July almost certainly, and then I'm free until September. Thats a whole 2 months for some U2-European shows to land hopefully.

I was reading some gig reviews on U2tours.com by a guy called Shawn Bison, minus the Vienna date he made the entire European leg of Vertigo! :love:

I don't think the shows I saw interfered with my exams. Our exams were mid-December and mid-May. Besides the Hawaii show (I was done with school), the shows I saw were March and then Sept-Dec. 10 (Cleveland). I do remember taking work along, I probably had a better chance of studying while sitting in line than studying at home being distracted with friends and work! Funny, I remember each show but I barely remember being in school at the time.

I do remember taking work along, I probably had a better chance of studying while sitting in line than studying at home being distracted with friends and work!

oh, that maybe applies to me too...thanks for the idea :wink:

Well, that's another problem. I tried to save some money, but ...no way, that's not possible.

My main worry for Europe is the Euro/Pound exchange rate of all things - I'm going to Dublin next week so I'll see what my money can get me, there, but at the moment i think its about 1.10 which is down from about 1.40 6 or 7 months ago.

When I was a student, I hardly had money to pay my everyday costs, let alone so many U2 concerts. :ohmy:

Student loans, need-based aid, academic scholarships, and three jobs. :) Tix are also much cheaper here than in Europe, I believe. I pay less for my U2 tickets than my friends pay for a single night at a bar or club, or a month's cell phone bill... $50 for a U2 ticket, sleeping on the sidewalk (no hotels, trains, planes, etc).

I, too, am in hope to follow U2 through their European tour. I'm studying abroad in Rome from January- mid May. I've been hoping that their European tour would fall through those dates, but by now its highly unlikely. I'll stick to my Chicago show if needbe.

Back
Top Bottom