The "Right Hand theory".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cydewaze

Refugee
Before I get into this I should probably apologize for being such an infrequent poster lately. :reject:

With that out of the way, I'd like to explain what I call the "Right Hand Theory". Hopefully it's not common knowledge, otherwise this is going to be a really boring post. :lol:

I think when Bono selects someone he wants to pull up on stage, he moves his mic from his right hand to his left one, then reaches for the selected person with his right hand. I think this is his way of letting security know who he wants pulled up.

Both times that Jess got pulled up, this happened. He was reaching out to people for the entire concert, shaking hands, whatever, with his left hand, and the guards did nothing, even in the "pick" area. But as soon as he moves his mic to his left hand, then all perk up.

To see if this was a fluke, I just watched the Elevation Boston DVD. He's kneeling down, touching the hands of several girls, but the second he switches his mic, the guards spin around and grab the one he's reaching for with his RIGHT hand.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Haha, I mean, switching the mic while he's doing that could be some kind of signal to security, but maybe he just goes at it with a different body language altogether.

It all comes down to a red/blue state thing and if they watch Battlestar Galactica.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

anigif_enhanced-buzz-22320-1406651537-4.gif

At His last supper, Christ reached for the wine with his right hand, this being the signal for security to take Judas out the back.

Of heard of the opposite hand theory.

I've spent the last 284 consecutive hours doing nothing but watching U2 concert footage and I have come to the conclusion that Bono blinks approx. every 3.8 seconds. I am not exactly sure what that means, but i intend to find out.
However, something I have figured out is how Bono seduces women from the crowd. He will point his neck at a 48.7 degree angle and walk approximately 18.4 feet from whoever he pulls on stage. He then uses his index finger and thumb on his left hand to gesture the woman.
I'm glad I researched this, it was time well spent.

Maybe Bono switches to his right hand when he wants someone familiar like Amp onstage, and uses his left hand when he wants someone completely new onstage.

:applaud:

Just got back from the zoo where we saw a very well endowed Rhinoceros. We had never seen anything quite so extreme before.

Now i know why Bono never pulls a rhinoceros onstage.

He should have the courtesy to give a right-hand reach around to Edge as a signal to play the penultimate track from Songs of Innocence for the very first time.

Actually an odd response would go something more like this:

Dawn came abruptly with shards of light cutting through the curtains. Holes in the darkness came uneasy to my weary throbbing head. My heart was pounding along with the rest of my aching body. I laid in a pool of sweat, or so it seemed, as i tried to sit up in my bed every bone in my body was under performing and gave resistance.

I reached over to the night stand in hopes of finding a bottle of water to quench my thirst. Unfortunately all i found was a bloody knife. About that time i realized my right hand was in pain, as i looked to see what was wrong it became evident that my right hand was no longer there, just gone, severed at the wrist and cauterized in a neat mess of burned flesh. Those ghost pains are nightmarish.

I gathered my strength and followed bloody footprints down the hallway where i would find myself in the living room. Wondering what i might find in there, dead midgets, a pile of hookers dead in the floor? The morning sun lit up the room like armageddon. To my surprise, every surface was covered with blood, tissue, flesh, bloody graffiti, satanic symbols, etc. There was some body parts stuck to my ceiling, blood dripping off of the ceiling fan. It was an unholy mess. My housekeeper would not be amused!

I staggered into the kitchen in hopes of getting a bottle of water to re-hydrate my messed up body and hopefully keep my organs from shutting down. This is when i discovered my severed right hand laying on the marble countertops, along with several other blood-stained knives and cutting tools. Upon closer inspection, i noticed my severed hand held something familiar looking and very person to me in it's grasp. My jaw dropped and i practically fell to my knees...as i felt my mid section and looked down to see the blood stain on my shorts.

They often say the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In this case, they would be wrong. The left hand was just jealous.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom