The Edge in a new movie - It Might Get Loud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Get on your boots" on the credits of "It Might Get Loud"!

It's on U2 Valencia.com!!!!

Its show on the credits of the songs that appeared on the movie. http://itmightgetloud.com/IMGLPressNotes.pdf

And in the movie website they mention that Edge plays some parts of the U2 new lead single!!
It Might Get Loud

Even if i don't like this tittle at all its news from the new album, so it shakes things a little bit.

excited to see this, and see edge working on the new song.

also very interested to hear / see this:
“In My Time of Dying” Written by John Bonham, John Paul Jones,Jimmy Page, Robert Plant Performed by Jimmy Page, The Edge & Jack White

This is awesome even though I can't sand that title...is this movie playing in theaters? I can't seem to find it playing anywhere...

This is awesome even though I can't sand that title...is this movie playing in theaters? I can't seem to find it playing anywhere...

I guess you don't get the concept of film festivals

When a film is playing at a film festival...it is at that film festival and nowhere else...in this case the it's the Toronto Film Festival ....so it's playing in Toronto through the dates of the festival and nowhere else....it hasn't been released commerically yet.....so until it gets a distributor and is marketed,you won't see it commercially anywhere.

I tried to buy tickets at 7 am when they went on sale. The website wouldn't let me get through for the 10 to 15 minutes I tried, but put up no message of a temporary block. I assumed they just were blocking internet buying for this day. I ran down, and stood in line for 3 hours and 55 minutes. Finally got to the ticket booth and all the tickets for that first showing available at the time were sold out. I would have been mad but I was too exhausted. If I wanted another chance at tickets, I'd have to wait until the day of the show and stand in line all over again! No thanks. Frack you, Toronto Film Festival. Overpriced poorly-serviced crap!

It was sold out for me too so after a hockey game at the ACC my bf and I decided to go see if we could see Edge, Page, and White come out of the theatre. We did manage to see them but some of our friends who attended said rush tix were available prior to the show and there were empty seats in the balcony section so wedef could have scored some :scream:

Here are the U2 songs and Edge performances from the credits. Interesting that they got Street Mission in there and a Passengers cut.

“Until the End of the World”
Written by U2, Performed by U2

“Get On Your Boots”
Written by U2, Performed by The Edge

“The Fly”

“Where the Streets Have No Name”

“Trash, Trampoline and the Party Girl”

“Street Mission”
Written by The Hype, Performed by The Hype

“A Sort of Homecoming”

“Grace”

“Electric Co.”

“I Will Follow”

“I Will Follow”
Written by U2, Performed by The Edge, Jimmy Page & Jack White

“One Tree Hill”

“Glad to See You Go”
Written by The Ramones, Performed by The Edge

“Elevation”

“A Day Without Me”

“Tomorrow”

“Bass Trap”

“Corpse (These Chains are Way Too Long)”
Written by U2 & Brian Eno, Performed by Passengers

“Sunday Bloody Sunday”

“Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around the World”

It was sold out for me too so after a hockey game at the ACC my bf and I decided to go see if we could see Edge, Page, and White come out of the theatre. We did manage to see them but some of our friends who attended said rush tix were available prior to the show and there were empty seats in the balcony section so wedef could have scored some :scream:

Were you within touching distance!? I would have wanted to at least give him a note about what U2 needs to do to avoid getting caught up in trying to appease the mainstream with simple melodies and dumb lyrics; also, to express my concern for Bono backing fascistic policies and men to get their cooperation, which is bad at a time when Americans need to question what's gone wrong (They're obviously not if Sarah Palin is even being considered); also I wanted to give The Edge a DVD set of Battlestar Galactica Season 1, in case Lanois didn't give him my message. I think he probably did, though.

Do you know if there was a Q&A after the film? Or some way to talk with The Edge?

Don't look so stunned, my friend. Great art that moves us and makes us think is what U2 used to do. U2 writes political songs to encourage change, so does Ron Moore through Battlestar Galactica with far more insight than most U2 songs and definitely the cowardly, ratings-obsessed mainstream US media, actually.

Were you within touching distance!? I would have wanted to at least give him a note about what U2 needs to do to avoid getting caught up in trying to appease the mainstream with simple melodies and dumb lyrics; also, to express my concern for Bono backing fascistic policies and men to get their cooperation, which is bad at a time when Americans need to question what's gone wrong (They're obviously not if Sarah Palin is even being considered); also I wanted to give The Edge a DVD set of Battlestar Galactica Season 1, in case Lanois didn't give him my message. I think he probably did, though.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Muldfeld....a lot of your judgments/opinions on Bono's politics/belief's are misguided, exaggerated, or simply false...I don't know if you simply want to believe what you repeatedly bring up randomly in almost every thread you take part in, and you just can't accept any other outlook on things...but it really gets tiring....I mean how does this have to do with Edge being in a movie, in any way at all?

"backing fascistic policies and men to get their cooperation, which is bad at a time when Americans need to question what's gone wrong (They're obviously not if Sarah Palin is even being considered)" ....:scratch:

Omg that pic is so cool - Page and The Edge jamming together :drool: , all they need is to get Dave Gilmour in there and i'd be in guitarist heaven! U2/Edge has always seemed quite limited in saying anything about Zeppelin - he went so much against the whole 'guitar hero' thing, obviously due to growing up on the punk scene; so this film should be awesome to see them acknowledging each others respective styles.

Not quite so...a Rolling Stones article from the eighties about Zep quoted the Edge as being a fan of Zep. He noted that while not being a fan of most "heavy rock", Zep had something special. As well Edge has been known to warm up with Page riffs at concerts.

Finally here's a link from last year where Edge talks again about being a Zep fan. He acknowledges that when U2 came on the scene 70s rock had to be put to rest, but that when the dust "cleared" there was little in Rock music they didn't touch (to paraphrase)

While early punk bands like the Clash hated Zep, other bands like Nirvana were huge fans of Zep.

U2 Interview Archive ? Blog Archive ? Edge discusses Led Zeppelin

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Muldfeld....a lot of your judgments/opinions on Bono's politics/belief's are misguided, exaggerated, or simply false...I don't know if you simply want to believe what you repeatedly bring up randomly in almost every thread you take part in, and you just can't accept any other outlook on things...but it really gets tiring....I mean how does this have to do with Edge being in a movie, in any way at all?

"backing fascistic policies and men to get their cooperation, which is bad at a time when Americans need to question what's gone wrong (They're obviously not if Sarah Palin is even being considered)" ....:scratch:
You're right. It doesn't have to do with The Edge, but what I would have tried to say to him or give to him in a letter.

Bono has made too many apologies about the Bush administration. It's fine if he wants to get help for Africa, but this decade he's made eerie appeals to aggressive American nationalism to appeal to conservatives on AIDS, and this has consequences insofar as him saying something different might have had an opposite influence. I'm all for sticking to AIDS, but he needn't have encouraged the bombing and killing of many and the imprisonment of hundreds of innocents in Guantanamo Bay that were the result of the Afghanistan War he so proudly endorsed on Leno in 2001. It's shameful, really.

1980s and early 90s Bono wouldn't have ever encouraged the indiscriminate use of American power. He's also made apologies for the Bush administration being well-intentioned in Iraq when that's not been the case at all.

U2 used to stand for policies, not men, but Bono and The Edge have attended Bill Clinton's Presidential library inaugural. Bono's too cosy with giving unequivocal support to, at best, morally ambiguous men and ideas, and this is very disturbing.

U2 should either shut up about such men and their terrible policies or speak out against them. Right now, they're kissing American ass, which only encourages the worst elements of a wonderful people to go on killing people based on the most superficial notions.

Bono has called the Islamic fundamentalists evil or what they do evil, and it is (though I don't think they are necessarily), but far more evil is what Bush has done to the world when he could have brought it together. This bullying of Iran (for wanting a nuclear program to defend itself against regime change; 9/11 doesn't even compare with what America has done to Iran under the Shah, then by supplying Saddam Hussein in attacking Iran, and now by constantly threatening innocent Iranians with war.) and Palestinians, based on hypocritical standards, must stop. Even Russia was able to do what it did in Georgia because of America's precedent; America has no moral authority and should be begging forgiveness from the world.

Bono is intentionally being pro-American. He's also served on the board of a company that designed a video game in which the player assassinates Hugo Chavez. Whatever their problems, Chavez and Castro have done far better for their peoples than any dictator America has endorsed, and Bono knew this and even wrote about it, however subtly, on The Joshua Tree.

I'm not arguing for anti-Americanism and used to be quite pro-American, but I am arguing for moral equivalence. America is not morally superior. Moreover, Battlestar Galactica shows exactly how peoples are in their misguided philosophies and ideologies and racist and homogenizing practices.

Look, people can make mistakes. Bono has long had a problem with insecurity and wanting to be loved and it has grown worse as he's aged; it's led him to kiss American butt and make apologies and try to even fight against the anger liberal Americans need to feel about what this administration has done; he's fighting against correct historical interpretation. He needs to apologize for the stances he's taken in the past, such as Afghanistan and the video game, and to look to how he can better portray what's going in the world by not simply uplifting America by telling the nation it's better than everyone else and barely needs to question anything.

I also would have told The Edge that "Achtung Baby" was the album that turned me onto music when I was young and that U2 shouldn't ever question that better music doesn't have to appease the mainstream; The Fly is far better than Vertigo.

Stay on topic, your girp on politics is abysmal...

It is on topic. It's what I would have told The Edge. And you're tendency to never be able to refute anything I saw is far more abysmal. It's so easy to just put people down instead of debate politely. What I'm saying is pretty academic mainstream stuff. It's just not preached to you in the brainwashing sessions that are CNN, which would rather focus on what others do wrong to America and never make the American people accept responsibility, or see how they might change things. That's why I endorse Barack Obama; he's not perfect, but he's progress.

I was too pro-American at the time of the first Gulf War to understand why U2 opposed it during the Zoo TV tour, but now I understand. This was a real crime against the Iraqi people. America decimated the country's infrastructure and then encouraged a revolution promising to back it and didn't. You folks have the power to affect the world in ways non-Americans don't, and it's time you faced up to that fact.

It is on topic. It's what I would have told The Edge. And you're tendency to never be able to refute anything I saw is far more abysmal. It's so easy to just put people down instead of debate politely.

I was too pro-American at the time of the first Gulf War to understand why U2 opposed it during the Zoo TV tour, but now I understand. This was a real crime against the Iraqi people. America decimated the country's infrastructure and then encouraged a revolution promising to back it and didn't. You folks have the power to affect the world in ways non-Americans don't, and it's time you faced up to that fact.

Whoa whoa whoa. Who you calling "You folks"?

Whoa whoa whoa. Who you calling "You folks"?
The American people as voters. I don't think "folks" is an insult. It's like saying "people", "guys", etc. Bush uses it. What's the problem. I was responding to the fact people are saying what I'm saying is not reality-based, when it is.

Anyway, I know there are lots of liberal people here who agree with at least part of what I say and I'm not trying to offend anyone, Uberbeaver, least of all you.

Back
Top Bottom