Thank goodness Bono has said no to Cowell...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These comments that Bono can't critique other's voices because his own is going are specious.

What, does every football coach have to be able to play football as well as his players? Give me a break.

If Steven Tyler can do it, Bono surely can. Not that I'd want him to.

Bono will not say "sorry, you're just not good enough" to anyone. This isn't coaching. This is judging. Bono forgets lyrics frequently, his voice gets shotty often, and has had some very tough times with his voice (POP for example) where his fans still did not ditch him.

So why would he feel content cutting people from some stupid American Idol competition simply because they were good singers but not great?

Bono will not say "sorry, you're just not good enough" to anyone. This isn't coaching. This is judging. Bono forgets lyrics frequently, his voice gets shotty often, and has had some very tough times with his voice (POP for example) where his fans still did not ditch him.

So why would he feel content cutting people from some stupid American Idol competition simply because they were good singers but not great?

Not-so-great singers judge singers that are often times better than them on American Idol (and similar shows) all the time. Steven Tyler went through period where he performed drunk on stage, couldn't remember lyrics and slurred the ones he could. Paula Abdul was a habitual mess. Why should they have the ability to judge and Bono not? Don't get me wrong, I have no desire to see Bono on such a show, but there's no reason to think he wouldn't be good at it.

Really, you have no idea how Bono would theoretically perform as a judge, do you? I'm an intelligent fellow, but I can't presume to be an expert on how Bono would "feel" about cutting people from American Idol, nor what he would or would not be "content" to do.

But perhaps you have insight I do not.

Really, you have no idea how Bono would theoretically perform as a judge, do you? I'm an intelligent fellow, but I can't presume to be an expert on how Bono would "feel" about cutting people from American Idol, nor what he would or would not be "content" to do.

But perhaps you have insight I do not.

Not insight, just intuition. Rather than judging singing competitions, Bono Man would probably want to be the singing competition.

And you know, make music and stay relevant with younger generations, rather than critiquing the younger generation's singing skills.

Of course, this is all up to Bono so any speculation, even my own, is just speaking from one's ass. But some shit tastes better than others.

I don't think Bono's really a good fit to judge that type of artist. It's not just that they're bad, but it's that they all wreak of amateurism (different than just sucking), whereas Bono has the most...I don't know...X-Factor of pretty much anyone. He's got intangible characteristic about him, which is what they're looking for and part of his appeal as a judge, but I doubt he'd really be able to sympathize with the contestants.

But most importantly, he'd have to be subjected to c*nts like this:

Beautiful Day - Lee DeWyze American Idol WINNER - Finale - 2010 - YouTube

Not to be self-aggrandizing, but I can do a better Beautiful Day at karaoke half cocked. Seriously.

The lead singer of the local U2 cover band can do twice as well.

I haven't kept up with this thread, but I read the title as "Bono has said no to Cowbell." Obviously, U2 needs more cowbell.

tumblr_lbovp6Imjq1qzaxefo1_500.gif

Danny Boy said:
I haven't kept up with this thread, but I read the title as "Bono has said no to Cowbell." Obviously, U2 needs more cowbell.

Bono could ask James Murphy for some, since he doesn't need it anymore :sad:

Streets613 said:
The guy with the Dragonball Z avatar is calling people geeks. Had to.

Umm, Goku would kick your fucking arse.

The oracle did prophecy that once the little machine walked the desert of Mars, the moon would once again come into phase, and carbonated, highly caffeinated beverages would make their return.

We put a car on Mars. We can put Mountain Dew on Mars. We can stare at the Space Moon. We can all Do the Dew.

I would hope that if Bono did American Idol, that he would drink nothing but the precious Dew, spiting the Coca-Cola gods who regulate and control American Idol. Bono would take a stand.

Would interference? I know a select few would call to arms, defending the Space Moon.

I don't think Bono's really a good fit to judge that type of artist. It's not just that they're bad, but it's that they all wreak of amateurism (different than just sucking), whereas Bono has the most...I don't know...X-Factor of pretty much anyone. He's got intangible characteristic about him, which is what they're looking for and part of his appeal as a judge, but I doubt he'd really be able to sympathize with the contestants.

honestly, part of me would love to see him try to cope with the awful contestants - i can imagine it would be hilarious :D

Back
Top Bottom