State Of Origin - Get on Your Boots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stagman

War Child
Did anyone just see the promo for the Big game of footy tonight?
Pretty cool little clip with part of Boots video and video of players... It was all persnally endorsed by Bono, so Sterlo said... pretty cool huh, went for @30sec!

Edit

Just in case you have no idea what i'm on about.... It the annual 3 match series of Rugby League between Queensland and New South Wales.
The 3 most passionate filled games of any code of footy on the globe... well thats what anyone from QLD and NSW will tell you!

First off... Go the Maroons! :up:

But really, what a shameless bit of advertising in a vein attempt to get some sales going. Rugby League has such a tarnished reputation for so many reasons. Whether it be sex scandals, drunken incidents or general boof-headed commentators. The game attracts the lowest of the low. For U2 to be associated with RL is just plain sad. That was very embarrassing.

:down:

I dont see it that way, Origin has always stood above any controversies in the game and no matter what is going on the Origin concept is always a win for the game.... and I dont see it a shameless bit of advertising, just supporting a troubled code that needs positives, and origin is a celebration of those positives.

Incidentally, the whole song played in the pub i was in after the match. And it was fantastic. I guess you really need to be in that sort of setting to appreciate it. The bassline was :drool:

First off... Go the Maroons! :up:

But really, what a shameless bit of advertising in a vein attempt to get some sales going. Rugby League has such a tarnished reputation for so many reasons. Whether it be sex scandals, drunken incidents or general boof-headed commentators. The game attracts the lowest of the low. For U2 to be associated with RL is just plain sad. That was very embarrassing.

:down:

fap.gif

Back
Top Bottom