Spider-Man 2.0 discussion...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, since the previous thread has pretty much reached its limit, and with the impending debut of Spidey 2.0 upon us... I figure it's time for a new thread! And a new clip for what to expect...

YouTube - ‪Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark (Broadway) - 2.0 Extended Preview‬‏

I'm sure we're all familiar with the play's sordid history by this point, so lets hope the fruits of labor invested by all those involved bare a prosperous future :)

lets hope the fruits of labor invested by all those involved bare a prosperous future :)

Fuck that. This is a runaway production that delayed a new U2 album and sullied the reputation of the band. It was an idiotic decision to even get involved in this mess, and I was against it from Day 1.

It's still not going to get good reviews, and no amount of financial success is going to remove the stink of this whole thing.

I hope it tanks.

:mad:

I believe the correct replacement would have been "never mind", which I would have read appropriately because you've definitely done that before!

I shall revert to the standard "never mind" when I edit my responses to you in the future, because we both know it'll happen again and again.

:kiss:

I remain a little ambivalent about the Spiderman thing.

Honestly, even if this thing didn't exist, I'm sure the band would have found some other reason to delay a new album.

I'm pretty cynical w/r/t this band's practices and tendencies, but I still think something would have come out.

They had an extra YEAR due to Boner's accident.

Hi all!

Sorry if I am confused.. I saw Bono/Edge in the audience... are they performing too or giving an award?

Thanks!

They're not performing. On the west coast, they haven't come up yet, just a few reaction shots of them in the audience. I know they're up on stage at some point (apparently being rather funny) .... maybe they introduce the Spiderman performance linked above?

They need to do that kind of thing far, far more often.
It was a great moment for them. Self-deprecating humor suits Bono.

Also, they should do Letterman who is actually in NYC. Not Leno (in LA).
Besides the fact that Leno is considered by almost everyone to be a complete and utter unfunny hack that backstabs people.

Or just do Conan. That would be the best way to take on all the 'punchlines' with the same humble grace, while also saying "but it's actually pretty good"

Even if it isn't good. And it doesn't seem to be that good but I don't know...all I know is, it hasn't helped the 'U2' situation in the least, so some good PR at this point can't hurt. But especially their confidence and willingness to get a U2 album out ASAP.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/14/t...ack-story.html?_r=1&smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

said they originally embraced Julie Taymor’s script and characters for the show but were wholly ill-prepared for putting her ambitious ideas onstage. They ultimately lost faith in her and quietly maneuvered to overhaul “Spider-Man,” before finally shocking Ms. Taymor, their longtime collaborator, with her ouster in March.

So they DID throw her under the bus! Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Also, this earns a :doh: Even now, Bono and the Edge said, the musical is just 90 percent complete, with a final 10 percent of work — in their view, chiefly involving the relationship between Peter Parker and the villain, the Green Goblin — to be done this summer.

STILL not completely done, despite being supposedly past previews and opening tomorrow. Awesome. Maybe it's not that unusual for there still to be tinkering after the official opening, but at this point in the Spiderman story ... sheesh.

But it's a really interesting read. Will be curious in the future to hear Julie's version of this story.

Back
Top Bottom