Setlists for a hypothetical late 2019 tour of Australia, NZ, Asia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crickets, if this is happening this year one would think there would be some rumblings pretty soon. The recent u2songs postings seemed to be hinting at this happening.

If shows aren’t happening until November then there really is not reason for them to go on sale before March or April, if not later. When did 360 Australian dates go on sale?

Just looked it up. In 2010 U2’s tickets for Australia and NZ didn’t go on sale until September 3rd, and the shows began November 24. The trend lately seems to be to put shows on sale much earlier. Point is there’s no reason to expect an announcement this far out, still plenty of time.

Just looked it up. In 2010 U2’s tickets for Australia and NZ didn’t go on sale until September 3rd, and the shows began November 24. The trend lately seems to be to put shows on sale much earlier. Point is there’s no reason to expect an announcement this far out, still plenty of time.

True. I guess I’m just used to things being hyped up more than 6 months in advance if not more.

The mains reasons to be concerned about these dates are

a) it's just rumor and hearsay, nothing confirmed. not even a peep from a band member

b) there's no reason to do these dates other than simply to give fans in that region an overdue taste. For many bands this might be enough, but U2 tend to want to have something to promote when they tour.

c) Adam is afraid of wallabies

Seems like Elton John is going to play a ton of shows in that part of the world later this year and into 2020. Maybe they’re waiting until that ticket frenzy settles down.

Last edited:
Maybe the sources were just confused over the sunglasses

6e78258cd272d37f6d7f0220d62350d1.jpg

Maybe it’s a LN obligation that they tour these regions?

Touring there this year will take the pressure off when the time comes for the next album/tour.

Come November, it’ll be a year since the last U2 shows, so plenty of time off.

At this point I’m 60/40 in favor of this tour happening. Maybe they’ll start adopting The Rolling Stones method of focusing on short spurts of dates in one region each year, rather than touring in one giant marathon every few years.

The mains reasons to be concerned about these dates are

a) it's just rumor and hearsay, nothing confirmed. not even a peep from a band member

b) there's no reason to do these dates other than simply to give fans in that region an overdue taste. For many bands this might be enough, but U2 tend to want to have something to promote when they tour.

c) Adam is afraid of wallabies

d) they're afraid of being upstaged by our fight

The more I think about it, the more I feel that if this ends up happening, it'll be one show at the biggest stadiums in each major capital or it won't happen at all. Someone will look at Eminem's 80k attendance from a few days ago and take it as a challenge, rather than having to sell out 5 arena shows to get the same figure. They'll assume (and probably be correct) that they can sell nosebleed seats at high prices with minimal/no discounting right up until each show because of the time that has elapsed since U2 were last here. Maybe, we'll see.

AtU2’s just reported JT30 for Oceania, apparently different sources to U2songs.

JT30 would obviously have to be stadiums, unless they built a smaller screen.

Definitely stadiums. And let's be honest, a show focusing on U2's 80s output will sell waaaaay more tickets here than SOI/E.
I heard the JT30 stage is being modified. To what extent, who knows?

It makes sense to do JT 32 instead. They will sell more tickets at a higher price. It costs a lot to Tour Oceania, Asia etc, this guarantees the big money.

Willie Williams has said they are adding a boxing ring adjacent to the tree stage for the Headache/Axver fight which will take place during Red Hill Mining Town in an effort to distract concertgoers from the awful Edge piano and piped in horns arrangement, and a large cooler for Axver to store his Foster's whilst he gets pummeled.

Definitely stadiums. And let's be honest, a show focusing on U2's 80s output will sell waaaaay more tickets here than SOI/E.

Agreed, I’m sure they will sprinkle in a few SOI/SOE numbers, or atleast I hope so to give folks a live taste of those albums. Maybe they will give us previews of a few new songs for the next album to drop in 2020? LOL! I’m thinking this pushes any new album out until atleast 2022 if not longer. Will be curious to see if this also pushes a release of the JT Concert DVD, thinking not since that would be a nice lead in to the tour say in early Fall to remind folks they are going on tour. Perhaps an SOE DVD in 2020. Don’t want to release that too far down the road though. Hope this mini tour happens especially for the folks in Oceania who have waited so long.

Probably throw in piano EBW and probably 1-2 from SOE. GOOYOW and LIBTAIIW probably. Otherwise, all the HITZ + JT.

Willie Williams has said they are adding a boxing ring adjacent to the tree stage for the Headache/Axver fight which will take place during Red Hill Mining Town in an effort to distract concertgoers from the awful Edge piano and piped in horns arrangement, and a large cooler for Axver to store his Foster's whilst he gets pummeled.
The (can't) C Stage

... and also a nice reward for a fan base that hasn't had arena shows since then. 30 years of stadiums. Too long.

No indoor AB shows. No Elevation tour shows. The Vertigo tour was stadium only, unlike the rest of the world. No SOI / SOE arena shows either.

Last edited:
U2songs says 5 cities in Australia, 1 in New Zealand. Routing is being finalized and an announcement is being prepped. Maybe announced next week?

So the plot thickens. For 2 months you’d figure more cities, dates, countries than that.

6 cities, but maybe multiple shows in each, maybe like 15 shows and 45 off days for Bono to eat fried kangaroo and braised koala (and wash it down with Foster's, the national drink).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom