Rose Bowl DVD - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't matter what Bono says at the end of a concert, wether its the end or not, we all know after a nights sleep he is as hungry as ever to perform. I honestly think its going to take something huge to stop this band performing for the next 5 years or so. The thing is, they do all of this every 4-5 years, so its not like there worried of getting bored. But I really don't want them to keep performing through there sixty's, because they'll just be performing awful versions of truly great classics, so when they start to sound tired and below par, they should quit. When U2 are about to quit, i reckon its a very low chance we will be told until it actually happens. Say there about to finish a tour, and they put out there retiring, at the last show, instead of having a blast, them quitting will be in the back of your head all night. So instead they make it any other concert, finish on a high and quit.

Lets not talk about this anyway, i mean its true you can't top the claw, but with u2 moving forward, so does technology, so i actually think they can. But there's a difference between think and want, do i think they can make something better, yes, do i want them to, no. Mainly due to it getting to the point of it being all about the stage rather than the music. I still think the small intimate u2 tours where they focus on the music more are the most successful.

The band in there eyes still have things to achieve, might sound stupid but its true. The new album received a pretty disappointing reception, due to winning no awards and not selling as many as they expected, so they'll want to write some new material that tops that, and that tops AB. Just this year they have conquered the big US Stadiums. So in there eyes, there still more to do in them US Stadiums. Not to mention, they love retaining that best band in the world spot every single time some wannabe band come across and take it.

As far as in concerned, this is the best band in the world and has been for the last 20 or 15 years, therefore there's still something special to happen, we just have to wait and see.

How can people be worried they are about to call it quits when they are already talking about future albums etc? plus dont people go through the same kind of feelings every tour? i seem to remember pretty similar comments last time out.

I just took a quick listen to the you tube recording and he said: "dont leave us now... thank you... thank you for giving us a great life... thank you Los Angeles... hope this is not the end... amazing."

you can hear the roar of the crowd pretty good at the end there too, would have been a nice moment on the dvd, but then they cut the beginning off when the crowd went nuts too, so... who knows. :wink:

So we aren't nuts, it was a very emotional comment. "Hope this is not the end", now looking back at it, I think he meant many things, but mostly, how do you top pushing 50 years old, 30+ years in the music biz, and playing an amzing show to 100k people at the Rose Bowl? Seriously.

But at the time, my sister and I were like, "umm, doesn't he know if its the end of the show or not?" :lol:

Another thing I noticed extremely endearing was on one of the extra bonus clips when they were waiting to go on stage and SO was playing..how excited Bono got he started singing the words while Edge was talking to the camera :lol: ...like he was ready to be hyped up and pounce on the stage. I thought it was :cute: You could see the little kid in him there... his excitement ... how genuinely excited he still gets to perform. That says a LOT!!

A Question!

Who is the guy with the band aids on his forhead on disc two - Squaring the Circle

A Laugh....

"No one goes home and hums the lights!"

EDIT - It's Gavin Friday...... my bad.

So we aren't nuts, it was a very emotional comment. "Hope this is not the end", now looking back at it, I think he meant many things, but mostly, how do you top pushing 50 years old, 30+ years in the music biz, and playing an amzing show to 100k people at the Rose Bowl? Seriously.

Exactly. It's just we don't want to admit it. It's painful to think that the end is near.:sad:

But at the time, my sister and I were like, "umm, doesn't he know if its the end of the show or not?" :lol:

:lol:

... Next time U2 should really consider filming in Europe. Reaction to the new material was great at the shows I went to. It's kind of depressing to think about how great some crowds were and how laid-back the audience seems on this DVD.

this :up:

I attended couple of shows on European leg of the tour and couple of shows on NA leg of the tour, and the difference was big IMO. I wasn't aware of that at all before because I lived in Canada and only went to NA shows... but now that I have experienced both I must say I prefer european crowds better. No offense to others... It just seems that even tho there are hard core fans in NA, majority of audience attending NA concerts are casual fans, who are only familiar with radio hits. And while europeans tend to loosen up and have a great time even when unfamiliar with some material, crowds in North America tend to stand around with their arms crossed. I won't even get into the awful experience my friends and I had in Toronto.

The editing on Vertigo is woeful. Note to editor, the establishing shots of the stage are nice and all that, but when the light show consists of a large screen slowly transforming to a smaller screen then you might not want to take the establishing shots from random parts of the song and put them were ever you feel like it. And the digital zoom spin effect was awful as well.

Still find it bizarre that they've removed Breathe and put it on as a bonus feature.

it does rather smack of them trying to re-write history, if it were that bad an opener (and I don't think it was) then why didn't they simply move it later in the set?

instead a vastly superior song has been banished as an extra and we're left with GOYB instead- the only way to correct this is to do an audio rip and re-instate Breathe where it should be, but I doubt it will be that simple

Oh, hey, DVD rips! Could I have a PM, please? I know this isn't technically the thread for that, but...pweese? :sad:

EDIT: Just checked the gallery...really nice looking box set. My inner vinyl nerd is lusting after that Soon 45. LUSTING, I say.

DOUBLE EDIT: New avvy! :D

I wish Live Nation would tell those of us who ordered the box set what they plan to do about it, either way.

Thought my e-mail today was clear (whether they will go back on it later is another story):

Thank you for ordering with Musictoday. Unfortunately, the following item(s) you ordered are on back order.

FXAMU2T48996 - U2com 360 At The Rose Bowl 2 DVD Super DLX Boxset

The item(s) you ordered should be received within 1-4 weeks. You will not be charged until your order is shipped and you will only be charged for shipping once. We apologize for the delay. Your product will be shipped immediately upon receipt of the item (s) to our warehouse.

this :up:

I attended couple of shows on European leg of the tour and couple of shows on NA leg of the tour, and the difference was big IMO. I wasn't aware of that at all before because I lived in Canada and only went to NA shows... but now that I have experienced both I must say I prefer european crowds better. No offense to others... It just seems that even tho there are hard core fans in NA, majority of audience attending NA concerts are casual fans, who are only familiar with radio hits. And while europeans tend to loosen up and have a great time even when unfamiliar with some material, crowds in North America tend to stand around with their arms crossed. I won't even get into the awful experience my friends and I had in Toronto.

Interesting to hear your views on this. Glad to see Europeans are not the only one noticing.

Interesting to hear your views on this. Glad to see Europeans are not the only one noticing.

I've posted about this as well.

As far as concert crowds go, I've never experienced anything quite like the Barcelona crowds. Milan was a notch below, but still well above what I've experienced here at home. That's not to put down NA crowds....I've been to some shows, like the JT show in 1987, where the energy was really high.

Paris, though, was not anywhere near the level of noise, passion or fervor of Barcelona or Milan, at least to me.

None of this really impacts my DVD-watching, however. I couldn't care less how into it a crowd was when I'm watching it on Television.

fds

is it possible to get the audio rip as well?
fgnbtz@ufl.edu

And I have no problems whatsoever with my Blu-Ray. I even have headphones connected for the audio for my TV and it's great listening to the songs.

What's that talking here about the "end"? Of course the end will come and it can come anytime. Considering what just happend to Bono it's obvious that all of us are human and life is fragile. But why think of this, instead of enjoying the moment? I'm sure U2 will tour as long as they can and as long as they feel excited and enthusiastic about making music. And maybe IF Bono decided to tune his stage antiques down just a little bit to take care of his body and health, he might be around to perform just a little bit longer :)

Ah my bad, I'd forgotten about that! And you're right, Paris was pretty boring, you should've come with us to Amsterdam!

I'm still enjoying the dvd either way, but at some moments, mostly the big shots where you can see a lot of the floor and it lights up there's just a bunch of dead puppets standing there. It irks me.

Ah my bad, I'd forgotten about that! And you're right, Paris was pretty boring, you should've come with us to Amsterdam!

I'm still enjoying the dvd either way, but at some moments, mostly the big shots where you can see a lot of the floor and it lights up there's just a bunch of dead puppets standing there. It irks me.

Well, there was the excitement of watching you and Axver running around trying to find your seats before Paris 1. I hadn't even met you guys yet but Trude and I saw you guys scrambling....I think you had sat down in the wrong seats at first or something.....and of course there was the excitement for Trude and I of having our section not have any actual seats. :up:

:)

:lmao: God that was a disaster. There was a sign saying G > this way. So we went that way and found the seats with the correct number. Then it turned out that it was the H block, so we moved to the G block. Then read the seats the wrong way around, since we expected to be in the same row. Turns out we were in the same seat, but one row different. So yeah, we had a wee bit of trouble finding our seats, but hey at least there WERE seats for us!
Did you ever write that angry email to LN about the whole event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom