Rose Bowl Blu-Ray BD-Live 2010 Tour Updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocomet

Blue Crack Distributor
Bringing the discussion from the Rose Bowl DVD thread over here as the thread is ready to close anyway, and this is really a new topic. And here's hoping we will have something good to update here too.

So what exactly is this? I got the uber-deluxe, but don't have a blu-ray player or good tv, so had to watch it at my brother-in-law's. If you do have the right setup, how do you get whatever extra material may come?

There's a selection on the Main Menu for BD content, you go there and as long as you have internet connection with whatever system you are using (I use PlayStation 3) it's just like being on your computer. It shows you what content is available for download, you click on it and download it, and it becomes part of the things available to watch on that BD menu, just like any other menu on a DVD.

The other day after the Torino show when I went to that menu it showed a message that there was new content available and I got a bit excited until I realized I actually hadn't checked it for a while and it was the bands' "We're Back" message that we all saw on U2.com.

Hopefully we will see something more here than just really short clips (like the ones currently on there from the tour in 2009). I've checked daily since the Torino show and nothing yet. If anyone else notices something has been added, please post here. Thanks!

I am wondering if I can even use this. My Blu Ray player is not internet connectible, but I hope to get a tv that I can use with both it and my PC. Would that connection enable the BD content to be seen? I plan to use the HDMI connections from the player to the tv.

Thanks in advance!

just recently connected my Blue ray to the internet and was hoping to see a thread on this!

I hope we get the new song debuts on BDLive soon! That'd be great! Oh, and HMTMKMKM!

:applaud:

There was a completely lame 30 second clip of BD from Horsens (showed only the crowd) :| It said U2.com up in the corner so I'm sure it's probably there too. There's something else too that looks like it's the "Down Under" announcement that's already there as well.

Funny I nearly put the disc in yesterday to check this! But it seemed pretty unlikely at this point they would have done anything differently than they did when it was still fresh on people's minds. The last time I checked it was still just the same video clips and news that could be found on U2.com, but maybe I'll take a look tomorrow for the heck of it. :shrug: (I suppose if it's still no different than before, the thinking is that they are providing new content for people who don't visit u2.com)

Back
Top Bottom