Post Your U2 Ticket Stubs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh. I went onto the site and I thought it said that he collects them, but I didn't read the part about the files.

My camera is packed away..I found some of my old stubs last night in an envelope in an old day planner. Including my first U2 show ever- I had that one laminated so it remains in good condition. It was $13.50 (and that was a "lower"). Unfortunately they always ripped them in the pre-scanner days.

I don't have every one I ever went to but at least I saved some

I've kept every single U2 ticket stub since my first show in 1987. After seeing this thread, I took on an afternoon project of scanning in every sticket stub and posting them on Smugmug. They're all up there now at
desertsky : photos : U2 Ticket Stubs- powered by SmugMug

just a few of 'em..
500110018_qQfCS-M.jpg

500110023_yNur8-M.jpg

500110117_pRN5C-M.jpg

500110207_uSUQM-M.jpg

Here's where one of my ticket stubs is currently housed:

l_20f5371be7e09173e6fc45be6d816076.jpg

I'll take a picture of the rest when I'm at my mom's today - I took all my scrapbook stuff over there cause one of these days I want to do a Vertigo scrapbook, heh. :nerd:

AWESOME.....how did you get the stick?

We launched a website a couple of years ago to collect ticket scans from all the U2 shows that we could, right now we have scans from around 700 shows. Any help you guys could give in helping us complete the collection would be great!

U2 Ticket Stubs - Trade - Buy - Sell - Barter - Exchange

I have a couple that you don't seem to have yet. Apr 24, 2005 Seattle Vertigo, and I think you have the date wrong for the second Philly Vertigo Leg 1 show. It wasn't on March 15 2005, it was on March 22 2005. I have the ticket for that too. But I won't give or sell them though. If you just need the scans or pics of them, I can work on that.

AWESOME.....how did you get the stick?

My friend and I (she's Lady Lemon on here) made signs to hold up for Larry, asking for the sticks. We waited in line all day, and made it to the second row inside of the heart. We only had to hold up the signs a few times, we saw him reading them, then at the very end of the show after Walk On and the band was waving and saying their goodbyes, he made a beeline directly for us, sat on the edge of the stage, and handed one to my friend, then one to me. :D

I have a couple that you don't seem to have yet. Apr 24, 2005 Seattle Vertigo, and I think you have the date wrong for the second Philly Vertigo Leg 1 show. It wasn't on March 15 2005, it was on March 22 2005. I have the ticket for that too. But I won't give or sell them though. If you just need the scans or pics of them, I can work on that.

You got it wrong too. It was May 22, 2005

i found a few of them the other day when looking for something else. i have a bunch more somewhere else, just not sure where.

u2tickets.jpg

MTV and VHI sponsored Zoo TV, PopMart, and Elevation then -- according to these tickets. This confirms that the BlackBerry sponsorship of the 360 tour is nothing new, eh?

So cool to see all those old tix. Makes me want to dig out my old stubs and scan 'em!

I just decided to organize my shadow box. So here's my first set of U2 tickets.

First show ever. Only a handful of people know what I did to get this ticket. I'm thankful that good karma with U2 took over. Zoo TV ya'll, I was hooked....and I'm seeing them in my own city. My seats were in the rafters and I sweated it out because I thought the scalper was coming to get me.
3402293245_2ea8192899.jpg

Then...after seeing Zoo TV, ended up getting next to the satellite stage on the floor in Detroit. My first time seeing Bono up close. I felt his sweat and almost touched him but chose not to. Too much to handle to make my idol a mortal.
3403101154_c880e1eefa.jpg

Ah...good old Exhibition Stadium....and.....during the CNE. I was far away for this one but glad to be in the stadium.
3402294991_754fc8684d.jpg

Popmart! Who hoo! Went with a friend of mine. I was on Adam's side. The lights the sound. Mercy fuck!
3403102868_33d997ce2b.jpg

This was a floor ticket that was never printed properly. It has become so faded from being in the shadow box and the sun hitting it. Bearly visible.....but still a treasure for me. Since I knew the floor plan....I had to be close to the smaller stage. Nice to be up close but I wanted more.
3403103808_ce4204d100.jpg

Drove to Montreal from Toronto by myself listening to each U2 album in order. I think I slept in the car and I even bushed my teeth in a donut store. Yup...someone get the doctor. He's hardcore. I researched this ticket and it was right next to the small stage. The bouncer in charge of my area went to my high school. No one to tell me to get back to my seat when Bono runs to the small stage.
3403104742_e3337e27c8.jpg

Elevation time. Friend gets me a ticket and the ticket is up in the rafters. I watched the "heart" stage from afar and realized the next time the boys come to town, I need to see them up close. Drastic measures are needed for the next time.......I think my nose is bleeding.
3403105682_39f9aeacf0.jpg

Made my way to the Hammer....Hamilton. This is just after 9/11. This is the first show where they list the victims of 9/11. Powerful show. U2 dropped the hammer on folks in the audience that night. So special. This was my first time in the heart. I had a sign that said "Our Church". Going to a U2 show is better than going to church Bono has said.
3403106566_96e56c0d62.jpg

I drive to NJ with a friend who was a girl. Big mistake. She wanted more from me than what I could give. Add to the magic of U2 and Bono singing it was difficult to let her know how I feel without breaking her heart. We were in the heart for this one. This was also the show I met Gvox at. He pulled up in Ontario plates, jumped out of the car, and started jumping for joy. We spoke and he told me it was his first show. I was floored. I told him that from this show forward, life would be different as you know it. This will change you.....and it did. No....no mancrush here. Just faith in a friendship because of the music. Larry hands me his drumstick at the end of the show. I'm gonna love this band for the rest of my life.
3402299983_a53a7453ec.jpg

3403110242_ee79bd837f.jpg

I stay in touch with Gabriel. After 9/11....flights are CHEAP! He tells me we should fly down to Miami for the final show. The man makes dreams come true......He flies down earlier. I fly down with his brother.
3403108404_5e9a421a48.jpg

My friend and I (she's Lady Lemon on here) made signs to hold up for Larry, asking for the sticks. We waited in line all day, and made it to the second row inside of the heart. We only had to hold up the signs a few times, we saw him reading them, then at the very end of the show after Walk On and the band was waving and saying their goodbyes, he made a beeline directly for us, sat on the edge of the stage, and handed one to my friend, then one to me. :D

:love:beeeeeeeaaaauuutiful story!!!!!!:applaud:

Is that the Vertigo Confetti?

stubspart1.jpg

only half of what I have... dunno where my other stash is. somewhere in my basement. i think thats 16 of my 30? or something like that.

Holy cow!! Is that the confetti they dropped at the beginning of Vertigo tour?

I thought I was the only one that saved that!!!! Too much! :lol::applaud:

I still have some in my wallet. Also one day I was looking for something in a pocket of the bag that I had at the show and a piece fell out, it must have fallen in there during the show!

Confetti

I still have some in my wallet. Also one day I was looking for something in a pocket of the bag that I had at the show and a piece fell out, it must have fallen in there during the show!

:rockon:

At the end of Philly2 show (fall leg... springsteen show), I remember walking around picking up some of the confetti. My brother, who was at his first U2 shows there, said something like "what the <cough><cough> are you doin?" My reply was simply that I was getting a few <cough><cough> souvenirs, which by the way seemed as natural to me as going to the show in the first place.

Now that I explore this fine memory, I was paying for the little bastard's ticket! I had to 'splain myself why? :hmm:

Anyhoo, I'll have to post my stubs, etc. Been going since 85 and I think I have most of them. Oh... and my cool <cough><cough> souvenirs. :wink:

That's so cool! I was picking it up after the show too. I also have confetti from the Beatles LOVE Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas. I kinda like confetti. :D

Back
Top Bottom