NME - Noel Gallagher slams Keane but loves U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

windylad72

The Fly
NME News
Oasis brand Keane 'shit'
Oasis

Oasis

Noel Gallagher also reveals life threatening studio incident

* Oct 4, 2008
* 0 Comments
* Oasis news, reviews, video and tour dates
* Add Oasis to MyNME

Oasis have slammed Keane again branding the trio "shit".

Noel Gallagher criticised the band for recent comments they made about their forthcoming album 'Perfect Symmetry'.

He said: "(Tom Chaplin) He's going on and on about being taken out of his comfort zone when making his new album. What the fuck does that mean?.

"Why would you want to be uncomfortable when making an album? No matter what direction Keane take, it doesn't matter - they'll still be shit."

The band have been renowned for slamming Keane in the past with Gallagher branding the trio "twats" and Liam calling Chaplin a "posh lightweight" after his spell in rehab in 2006.

But Gallagher heaped praise on U2 and defended Bono who he believes is often misunderstood.

He added: "I fucking love U2 and I always have done - I love the size of that band. Whether you like them or not, you cannot deny that U2 have written some great fucking songs.

"People will not accept that Bono is sincere - in this cynical age, they think he's really just a cunt. But he's not."

Noel, are there other words except shit and fuck in your vocabulary? What the hell does he criticize always other musicians? Keane might be chubby children, but he's definitely not the best musician to say this or that are shit. He just must consider his own music, which is not always the best you can listen to.................

Noel, are there other words except shit and fuck in your vocabulary? What the hell does he criticize always other musicians?

Exactly, it annoys me that he always excessively swears! :angry: Setting a bad example for children. :down:

I love Noel, everyone go check out the new Oasis album - it is awesome, so much better than the crap they've been putting out the last few years. This isn't really new either, yeh Keane are shit and yeh Noel loves U2. But thats NME for you i suppose

So I guess Liam is the one that hates U2. :huh: :hmm:

I'm not sure but I think one of them hates U2, if not both. :hmm:

Exactly, it annoys me that he always excessively swears! :angry: Setting a bad example for children. :down:

Woah, wait, who's using the Gallagher brothers as an example for their children?? :no:

Liam doesn't hate U2, they're all friends. Liam's just Liam and Noel's just Noel. You either get them or you don't :shrug:

Woah, wait, who's using the Gallagher brothers as an example for their children?? :no:

Liam doesn't hate U2, they're all friends. Liam's just Liam and Noel's just Noel. You either get them or you don't :shrug:

I understand them now. :wink: Its just their personality.

NME News
Oasis brand Keane 'shit'
Oasis

Oasis

Noel Gallagher also reveals life threatening studio incident

* Oct 4, 2008
* 0 Comments
* Oasis news, reviews, video and tour dates
* Add Oasis to MyNME

Oasis have slammed Keane again branding the trio "shit".

Noel Gallagher criticised the band for recent comments they made about their forthcoming album 'Perfect Symmetry'.

He said: "(Tom Chaplin) He's going on and on about being taken out of his comfort zone when making his new album. What the fuck does that mean?.

"Why would you want to be uncomfortable when making an album? No matter what direction Keane take, it doesn't matter - they'll still be shit."

The band have been renowned for slamming Keane in the past with Gallagher branding the trio "twats" and Liam calling Chaplin a "posh lightweight" after his spell in rehab in 2006.

But Gallagher heaped praise on U2 and defended Bono who he believes is often misunderstood.

He added: "I fucking love U2 and I always have done - I love the size of that band. Whether you like them or not, you cannot deny that U2 have written some great fucking songs.

"People will not accept that Bono is sincere - in this cynical age, they think he's really just a cunt. But he's not."
Someone needs to attack this guy on stage again. He's such a dick.

I don't like Keane, but I'd rather hear that than Oasis' last, what, 6 albums? Getting out of the comfort zone is something Oasis have never done. Such pathetic mimics and lousy human beings, too.

It really pisses me off that U2 kisses the butts of these slimy pieces of garbage. It doesn't hurt Noel's opinion that Bono took a phrase he uttered and turned it into a song, even if "One Step Closer" is the worst song on the album -- and that's saying a lot, considering how bad it is. Bono can be such a tosser the way he praises these bastards and their mediocrity. Screw, Oasis.

Someone needs to attack this guy on stage again. He's such a dick.

I don't like Keane, but I'd rather hear that than Oasis' last, what, 6 albums? Getting out of the comfort zone is something Oasis have never done. Such pathetic mimics and lousy human beings, too.

It really pisses me off that U2 kisses the butts of these slimy pieces of garbage. It doesn't hurt Noel's opinion that Bono took a phrase he uttered and turned it into a song, even if "One Step Closer" is the worst song on the album -- and that's saying a lot, considering how bad it is. Bono can be such a tosser the way he praises these bastards and their mediocrity. Screw, Oasis.

Meh, like I said, you either get them or you don't.

They're actually quite lovely one-on-one :D Very nice guys.

I actually love Oasis, and even Noel.

I like Noel's attitude. He says stupid things sometimes, like his attack on Jay-Z over the Glastonbury performance, but overall I feel like if he's gonna slam someone, he has a reason for it.

Liam, however, I think is nothing more than a selfish spoiled twat. He's written exactly ONE (1) good song for that band (and that is "Songbird") and no, he's not even the best singer in Oasis (Noel is a much better vocalist). So honestly, Noel, kick your brother out of the band and take over.

Noel's always loved U2 and admitted to crying the first time he heard One, Liam on the other hand criticises any band he believes are bigger than Oasis, which is why Radiohead, Coldplay and U2 are regular targets for him. He's been quite open about wanting to be in the biggest band in the world but the industry seems to have moved on without them.

I think people tend to feel if you've heard one heard Oasis song, you've heard them all, thats the main problem. They're reluctant to really experiment with their sound and push the boundaries of what they're capable, this has led to them treading water for the last few records.

Like U2 at the end of Lovetown, they need a new lease of life, Bono was smart in realising that in order to survive and break new ground as a band they needed to re-think the whole outfit, new sound, new look, whole new approach, as a result they produced one of their greatest albums and were made relevant again for the nineties, Oasis aren't willing to do this.

But I'll still go out tomorow and buy the new album. :wink:

Noel, the epitome of democracy. Don't bottle up ya feelings, say what ya wanna say, feel what ya feel. If someone asks you a question, don't lie, say what you think. Living legend, an example to us all.

And I'm a Keane fan....

Noel's always loved U2 and admitted to crying the first time he heard One, Liam on the other hand criticises any band he believes are bigger than Oasis, which is why Radiohead, Coldplay and U2 are regular targets for him. He's been quite open about wanting to be in the biggest band in the world but the industry seems to have moved on without them.

I think people tend to feel if you've heard one heard Oasis song, you've heard them all, thats the main problem. They're reluctant to really experiment with their sound and push the boundaries of what they're capable, this has led to them treading water for the last few records.

Like U2 at the end of Lovetown, they need a new lease of life, Bono was smart in realising that in order to survive and break new ground as a band they needed to re-think the whole outfit, new sound, new look, whole new approach, as a result they produced one of their greatest albums and were made relevant again for the nineties, Oasis aren't willing to do this.

But I'll still go out tomorow and buy the new album. :wink:

I disagree with their "failure to experiment", they've tried plenty of new sounds since Be Here Now.

And Noel's got a great point. Why make music if you feel uncomfortable? Make music cause it makes you feel good. making music is about having fun I thought?

And Liam's supposedly a Bloc Party fan, which is bizarre.

So I guess Liam is the one that hates U2. :huh: :hmm:

I dunno, looks like love to me:

bonoliamkiss.jpg

I disagree with their "failure to experiment", they've tried plenty of new sounds since Be Here Now.

And Noel's got a great point. Why make music if you feel uncomfortable? Make music cause it makes you feel good. making music is about having fun I thought?

And Liam's supposedly a Bloc Party fan, which is bizarre.

I think to the casual listener, the sounds on the last couple of records maybe haven't been dramatic or different enough. It seems to me that the look and sound of Oasis has been essentially the same since they first hit the big time and people tend to get bored when a group/artist doesn't update themselves in both sound and image, I think they tend to think 'I've already seen that, what else is there'.

Noel's said in the past that fans aren't going to get Sgt Pepper from them as they just don't have the ability. I agree that music is about having fun and its best not to make the kind of music which makes you feel uncomfortable but I think for a band that were so ambitious and so eager to remain both relevant and successul, stepping out of their comfort zone and really trying something different wouldn't be a bad idea. I really think it would not only reinvigorate the band, but it would also grab people's attention and get them talking about Oasis again.

:eyebrow: There's a difference between artists who have class and those who don't. Bono doesn't need to bash anyone, but obviously the Gallaghers cannot open their foul mouths without bashing someone. Poor and classless, if you ask me. I like some Oasis songs, but I don't like these guys. I have a strong dislike for people who cannot talk about themselves without having to put other ones down.

Seems alot of people here would prefer their Rockstars to polite, un-opinionated and predicable. :rolleyes: (and to not swear so as to set a bad example to kids!)

that would be fun.

Back
Top Bottom