Moment Of Surrender (Mark Knight Demo Mix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doctorwho

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
My TARDIS - currently located in Valparaiso, IN
Prologue: As there's little new U2 to discuss, I thought I'd post this. I did a search of the forums but did not see this topic. If it has, however, been posted previously, I ask that the mods please close this thread. Thank you! :wave:

I felt like listening to some U2 today at work - something different. I went on YouTube and came across this:

Moment Of Surrender (Mark Knight Demo Mix)

I've not heard this remix previously. Furthermore, of all U2 songs to remix, this would have been near the bottom of my list. Yet, here it is.

I love hearing remixes - especially ones radically different from the original. This certainly qualifies. However, I'm not quite sure of what I think of it yet. I enjoy the original so much that I'm not sure I'm ready for this more remix.

Comments?

I usually enjoy listening to many remixed U2 songs, but this one I dislike since the first time I heard it..maybe it's partly due to the fact that the original/ live version has a very strong meaning to me, but I don't really know why..
ah, honestly, MOS didn't need this remix :)

MOS is one of my all time favorite U2 songs now so I was interested in hearing this. Not really sure how I feel about it, but I didn't hate it. Definitely a different take on the song. :hmm: :crack:

Bono must be thrilled to see people dancing to it. :huh: :| :sexywink:

Doesn't really work. It didn't sound anything like MOS for a while, and once pieces started being integrated, it felt like they were being shoehorned in. Also, I think the way the pacing of MOS works with its lyrics is a huge part of what makes it successful, so to have the song transformed into this...you're losing out. The Crazy Tonight remix is fine because those lyrics function well in a more frivolous context. These are simply too heavy.

Don't like it. At all. I think MOS would benefit from a remix in the style of the Apollo 440 Mysterious Ways mix, something that's not so beat driven and instead more ambient based.

Not only does this suck in the worst way possible, there is no way in hell this track was played a. during the filming of this video and b. probably ever for an audience of persons gathered for the express purpose of listening - much less, dancing - to music.

'the fuck is wrong with these idiots can't they even make a decent track? This is shit.

enjoy the original so much that I'm not sure I'm ready for this more remix.

Sorry - don't know how the word "more" got in there. That's the problem typing from work - many distractions.

I hear what you're saying GVox. I too wondered if this song was actually the one being played. Still, the fact that this type of remix was even made from MOS, is interesting, if nothing else.

However, I agree with most here - just too jarring to work.

As I was playing this, I saw YouTube had a bunch more remixes that are unofficial (fan made or created by DJ but not by U2 request). Some are interesting - worth examining every so often. :)

I think Gabe can agree that we need an I Gotta Feeling/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses mash-up.

I think Gabe can agree that we need an I Gotta Feeling/Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses mash-up.

I was only half-serious when I first said it...but it really was the first U2 song that sprung to mind when someone said I Gotta Feeling was derivative of any U2 song..

So what'll it be..does anyone have an acapella of Bono's vocals for Wild Horses or do we take a instrumental I Gotta Feeling and take turns voicing over it? :hmm:

:wink:

I usually love U2 remixes, but this sounds so shitty it isn't even funny. Why take a seemingly sentimental song and remix it? I don't care for the original much but I've been listening to it a little more to possibly change my mind, and this just ruins everything about it.

Back
Top Bottom